[Suggestion] Advance Machines.

• But again, there is the addon. I guess the only reason this suggestion is here is because the addon isn't updated for 1.64

Actually the reason the suggestion is here if it was out or not is that many people use it and depend on it. The suggestion was based on a popular addon that seems to be used heavily from a lot of SSP games and SMP users :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

Actually the reason the suggestion is here if it was out or not is that many people use it and depend on it. The suggestion was based on a popular addon that seems to be used heavily from a lot of SSP games and SMP users

If this is so, then why the hurry? The addon exists nonetheless so the IC2-Team could take it's time to improve the modular system, because until they are finished you still could use the addon.

• I'm surprised that no one mentioned that IRL induction furnace is used only for smelting metals.
    Shouldn't this be a fix of the problem? (if it exists ever)
    Sine in IC2 furnaces are used mostly for that...

• If this is so, then why the hurry? The addon exists nonetheless so the IC2-Team could take it's time to improve the modular system, because until they are finished you still could use the addon.

Well because I like it period. You seem to be wanting to fight about this more then you want to discuses it. Please you MCF for trolling and arrangements :)

Back on topic.

I would not even mind the recipe but a lot more expensive bring some UU Matter elements into play. I just love the system of the system. But hell like I said even if they don't get added please highly consider the condensed solor panels.

• And I also said that the Solar-Arrays are really great :P

But this doesn't mean that we only get better Solars (or not besser... let's call them compress solars) at the cost of advanced machines :P

And my argument stays. If there is more time necessary for improving the machine-system then we could still use the addon. Implementing the addon into IC2 just to make it obsolete by improving the upgrade-mechanics seems a bit odd.

• And I also said that the Solar-Arrays are really great :P

But this doesn't mean that we only get better Solars (or not besser... let's call them compress solars) at the cost of advanced machines :P

And my argument stays. If there is more time necessary for improving the machine-system then we could still use the addon. Implementing the addon into IC2 just to make it obsolete by improving the upgrade-mechanics seems a bit odd.

lol. Yeah I would easily take compressed solar panels any day over the advance machines. But then I want the furnace removed <3

• lol. Yeah I would easily take compressed solar panels any day over the advance machines. But then I want the furnace removed <3

If for nothing other then consistency.

... Maybe the Solar Array implementation should be a different thread? Adv. Machines is, originally, created for faster Macerators/Extractors/Compressors. The Solar Arrays were just a side addition that was added later. However, it's such a good idea, it's hard to ignore.

The nice thing the old Adv. Machines have over overclocked ones is the added inventory slots on the right, and less power usage (on operation).

But this brings a question. At what point does the amount of overclockers cause the T1 machines to use more energy then the T2 ones? Considering the 1EU/tick constant usage of the T2 machines while not being used. This is another graph I would make, if I wasn't lazy. :S

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Hmm... actually don't have the energy-usage of the advanced machines at hand, but the normal ones are easy. They all use 2 EU/t with the extractor being twice as fast as the compressor and the macerator. The maximum without transformation is 32EU/t. Which is reached by using 7 overclockers. Making the machines about 6 times as fast. No idea if the wiki is still correct, but this would mean about 50 Ticks (2,5sec) for Macerator and Compressor and 1,25sec for the Extractor. Maybe 30% more, since Alblaka added a little time in exchange for the overclockers, no idea if the wiki represents this changes. The energy-use per cycle is increased by ca. 150%.

• I'd also like to see the Advanced Machines integrated into core IC2. They make the game feel more complete - having a T2 electric furnace but no equivalent for the other machines seemed kinda strange.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

I do not intend to add Induction-Machines to IC.
    The reasoning behind this is, "smelting" is the most basic MC operation next to crafting.
    Macerating, extracting, etc are complex operations. Tech wise, Induction Furnaces are a fine thing, speeding up the simple process.
    Complex stuff shouldn't be sped up like that.

As already mentioned, i've had a different OC design in mind. And we're, as mentioned too, thinking about altering it to something more complex.

Time will show, but i, for now, do not intend to have any Induction Macerator in base IC².

• I do not intend to add Induction-Machines to IC.
    The reasoning behind this is, "smelting" is the most basic MC operation next to crafting.
    Macerating, extracting, etc are complex operations. Tech wise, Induction Furnaces are a fine thing, speeding up the simple process.
    Complex stuff shouldn't be sped up like that.

So Extractors, Compressors, and Macerators shouldn't be able to have upgrades like the electric furnace, then?
    Or, should suffer higher EU costs, and chances to explode when used, due to being more complex?

I'm just slightly confused as to how your opinion works on this.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• So Extractors, Compressors, and Macerators shouldn't be able to have upgrades like the electric furnace, then?
    Or, should suffer higher EU costs, and chances to explode when used, due to being more complex?

I'm just slightly confused as to how your opinion works on this.

Lol. He meant the "Heat system" of Induction furnaces where never meant to be placed on those machines... EVER.

Also i wish those machines were a lot more complex :3

• I think that this add-on should be integrated into the main mod, just as electric treetaps and solar helmets have been.

Solar helmets were integrated? I didn't notice...

I think that definitely the compressed solars should be added. However, Induction furnaces should be removed. They're completely made obsolete by overclockers. You can get several times the speed for a lower price with overclockers. There should, however, be and input slot and output slot upgrade. And maybe more upgrade slots. Or an upgrade slot upgrade.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• If nothing else, I'd love to see an extra output slot in the macerator so we can stick a full stack of 64 ore.

I'm aware that macerators are already really cool on their own, what with being able to double our ore and everything. But only 1/2 a stack at a time? There's nothing HAYOish about that.

• Solar helmets were integrated? I didn't notice...

I think that definitely the compressed solars should be added. However, Induction furnaces should be removed. They're completely made obsolete by overclockers. You can get several times the speed for a lower price with overclockers. There should, however, be and input slot and output slot upgrade. And maybe more upgrade slots. Or an upgrade slot upgrade.

Well... the Induction-Furnace is way better then overclockers. And he explained why there is a Induction-Furnace and not a similar thing to the other machines. The induction-furnace was an improvement over the old melting-process Furnaces, Iron Furnaces and E-Furnaces used. So induction-melting is a new process much like macerating, compressing and extracting.

• i *hate* the current upgrade system.. overclockers? energy upgrades? wtf

i'd much rather see that system removed in whole, and have my advanced machines back. grr

-- "Actioni contrariam semper et æqualem esse reactionem: sive corporum duorum actiones in se mutuo semper esse æquales et in partes contrarias dirigi."

• i *hate* the current upgrade system.. overclockers? energy upgrades? wtf

i'd much rather see that system removed in whole, and have my advanced machines back. grr

Back? IC2 never had advanced machines.

• Back? IC2 never had advanced machines.

When did mod addons not count? I would much rather use an addon to ic2 to provide improved functionality than have a poor implementation in ic2 itself.

adding complexity to a simple problem is not good design. I would much rather have an expensive (dedicated) tier-2 machine than generic bolt-ons to the base machines.

-- "Actioni contrariam semper et æqualem esse reactionem: sive corporum duorum actiones in se mutuo semper esse æquales et in partes contrarias dirigi."

• When did mod addons not count? I would much rather use an addon to ic2 to provide improved functionality than have a poor implementation in ic2 itself.

Then again... why do you want them back? They still exist.