Weed growth boom?

• So after a looooong process of boosting my stickreeds up slowly, I've gotten 31 growth, but only about 9ish on gain and resistance (working on resistance now). It's really starting to irritate me how often weeds show up now though. It seems like as my growth rate went up, so did the frequency of weeds. Anyone else had this problem? Any way to combat it?

• I wouldn't be surprised if weed growth is based on possible plant growth (when crossbreeding).

Can only watch for weeds, and punch it thus far.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I've been breeding vanilla wheat (growth 1) and I've gotten 7 weeds in 5 minutes. I can't help but feel like that weed growth is tied more to how bored/malicious minecraft is feeling is at the current moment.

Hmm... Try 5 weeds in 1 minute. That's probably about what I'm getting. And that's just on one square. I'm tending to 4. It's a full-time job.

• I get weeds even when there's something growing in a spot sometimes. I'll look away for a second, and then when I look back there's a weed there when there was previously flowers or something growing there.
    Though yes, some WeedEx would be wonderful Alblaka. I look forward to it.

• Weeds can appear on cross-breeders as well as empty crop-sticks. I believe that Alblaka has stated "Weeds can be the result of any crossing."

I wrote that thing in my thread. I see now that it's wrong, as weed is not actually result of crossing, it just appears on empty cropsticks. But if its GGR is afected by nearby plants, it can be "result of crossing" imo.

• Im always around when im trying to crossbreed something, if i see weed i punch the shit out of that cropstick.

When all Cropsticks have proper plants on them i can usually stop bothering myself with the watching and do w/e the mining i was doing before. Quite honestly i dont find weed to be much of a annoyance rather than recharging that cropanalyzer every time you want to look at a seed.

• Im always around when im trying to crossbreed something, if i see weed i punch the shit out of that cropstick.

When all Cropsticks have proper plants on them i can usually stop bothering myself with the watching and do w/e the mining i was doing before. Quite honestly i dont find weed to be much of a annoyance rather than recharging that cropanalyzer every time you want to look at a seed.

Jepp... cropnalyzer is hell of a lot more annoying than weed could ever be.

Actually I have some kind of idea about a machine that could make aggriculture a bit more easier.

The first thing you would really need is a Seed-Storage. This Storage does not have slots, but is still able to store seeds by a bit different means.

Oh, and it would be nice if fertillzer could be placed inside the Ore-Dictionary. Forestry uses fertilizers too, and it would be cool for them to be interchangeable.

• Q/A page is your friend.
    Q: Does Growth affect weed growth in adjacent crops when attempting to crossbreed plants?
    Yes, a high Growth stat grants "Weed"-Attributes to any sort of plant, causing them to spread Weed to nearby empty/different crops.
    As well, Weed will upon creation inherit it's Growth stats from nearby plants and thus grow and spread faster if high-growth plants are nearby.
    Take note, crops capable ofproducing Weed are immune against Weed by default.

• Official Post

Q/A page is your friend.
    Q: Does Growth affect weed growth in adjacent crops when attempting to crossbreed plants?
    Yes, a high Growth stat grants "Weed"-Attributes to any sort of plant, causing them to spread Weed to nearby empty/different crops.
    As well, Weed will upon creation inherit it's Growth stats from nearby plants and thus grow and spread faster if high-growth plants are nearby.
    Take note, crops capable ofproducing Weed are immune against Weed by default.

Whoa, that Thread was older than me. You must be a Master of Necroposting.

• Yes, I notice this also, the thing is I have a (powered) crop matron filled with, and using, weed-ex, but weeds keep popping up. Is is possible for weeds to become restistant to weed ex or something?