Some thoughts about version numbers

• I recently watched Direwolf20's video on IC2 1.65, and I began thinking a bit about version numbers. Going from 1.63 to 1.64 was a minor change; some bugfixes and a single new item. Going from 1.64 to 1.65 appears to be a major change, adding a great amount of buildcraft compatibility, four new redstone behaviors for storage devices, and a really nifty new ability for CF Foam. And with minecraft -- going from 1.0 to 1.1 added some minor features -- bow enchangments, sheep regrowing wool, no ladder collision boxes, etc. (What does removing the ladder collision box actually do anyway?) But if the snapshots are any indication, the 1.1 to 1.2 update will be quite major -- for starters, the entirety of the ai code has been rewritten.

That's pretty much it. Any more thoughts?

• The ladder collision box basically telling the game that it's *technically* a block, so you can jump off of the top and it clears snow if it occupies the same block area.

• The ladder collision box basically telling the game that it's *technically* a block, so you can jump off of the top and it clears snow if it occupies the same block area.

Ah. Now the only mystery is why the collision box was brought back in the first snapshot after 1.1 was released.

Wait, he converted it into a entity? Because not only can blocks not have a collision box(or more than one box even) but blocks can't occupy the same space without coding them to(and for every combination) or rewriting a quarter of the game engine. I'm not kidding, someone I know is making a mod that can do that, and it actually has required roughly 25% of the engine to be rewriten so far.

• No ladders just lost their collision-box. They are still a block and water can't flow on them etc. They are just not colliding with the player, much like torches.

• No ladders just lost their collision-box. They are still a block and water can't flow on them etc. They are just not colliding with the player, much like torches.

It'll be back in MC 1.2 though, it got added back pretty quick.

• It'll be back in MC 1.2 though, it got added back pretty quick.

Jep, mate of mine in university first complained about the hitbox being removed (fell "through" a ladder he wanted to walk on, resulting in death).
    Moving to pre-release of MC 1.2, he died again, dropped down a shaft and hit a ladders edge on the botton.

Mojang needs to stop doing these things, people die.

• Jep, mate of mine in university first complained about the hitbox being removed (fell "through" a ladder he wanted to walk on, resulting in death).
    Moving to pre-release of MC 1.2, he died again, dropped down a shaft and hit a ladders edge on the botton.

Mojang needs to stop doing these things, people die.

I wish they'd just add an Iron Ladder that allows faster climbing or something, as it stands the trip down a vertical shaft involves jumping them attempting to wall cling before you hit the bottom, and then a slow, tedious, climb back to the top.

I'm glad the hitbox for ladders is returning however, I've fallen out of my balcony through the ladder too much as of late because of that change.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• I wish they'd just add an Iron Ladder that allows faster climbing or something, as it stands the trip down a vertical shaft involves jumping them attempting to wall cling before you hit the bottom, and then a slow, tedious, climb back to the top.

Use 2-3 blocks of water on the end of the jump?

• I wish they'd just add an Iron Ladder that allows faster climbing or something, as it stands the trip down a vertical shaft involves jumping them attempting to wall cling before you hit the bottom, and then a slow, tedious, climb back to the top.

I'm glad the hitbox for ladders is returning however, I've fallen out of my balcony through the ladder too much as of late because of that change.

Small hint. Dig a deep, very deep hole. At the end of the hole place one piece of Ladder. No just jump on this small piece of ladder. Thanks to the removal of the collision-box you can jump on a ladder from any high... we again seems somehow broken. Normally you crush on top of the ladder and die.

• Use 2-3 blocks of water on the end of the jump?

Hmm yea I never thought about that lol

Small hint. Dig a deep, very deep hole. At the end of the hole place one piece of Ladder. No just jump on this small piece of ladder. Thanks to the removal of the collision-box you can jump on a ladder from any high... we again seems somehow broken. Normally you crush on top of the ladder and die.

Until next patch, then you die.

That's practically a word-for-word description of the iron fence + magnetizer.

Never used it.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."