[Schematic] IC2 Colony Ships - May 6th 2012 - Space Station Modules on the way (no pics just yet)

• Going to wait on more shipbuilding until mods catchup with minecraft v1.23 with regard to SMP.

Will be looking into BC blueprints for ships once we're back in the fray. Still have some ideas to play around with, but will also be making some vanilla only, IC2 only etc. hulls to allow for more folks to enjoy what we make.

In the meantime, please continue to post any ideas you'd like to see us put together or work on and thank you again to those who have downloaded our creations.

TurokGMT - back soon!

• Thank you for uploading the config files. I'll setup my 1.2 modloadout to use them so I can finally use these awesome ships.

Edit: Although you forgot RP2 and BC, whose config's are located in their own folders branched off of .minecraft. Oh wells.

Editception: You aren't using Buildcraft, nevermind.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• This looks amazeing! I love the idea, im definatly going to use this.
    Better than wolfs? GTFO! X(
    Im going back to my first love IC2! :love:
    *Bookmarked* will download when i get home.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• I checked your config files to the defaults, and they match.

Carry on, sirs, and I apologize to you for wasting your time.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• So the ships fly?

Simple answer: No

Full answer: after setting this up correctly no the ships will not fly. although there is huge potential for role playing.
    there are also mods (IDK names of the top of my head) that allow you to make flyable craft.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• We got stickied?! ;(

A huge thank you to Alblaka for the recognition - the team are currently glowing with pride =]

On an irritating note, we missed out on upgrading to v1.23 of minecraft whilst waiting for all the mods to catch up - the v1.24 patch landed before we could upgrade the server, so it might be some time before we can release anything new.

Have tried using MCNostalgia on v1.24, but it looks like it's not compatible yet =[

Rest assured we are working on new ideas in our 1.1 shipyard and will try and get the situation fixed as soon as possible!

Once again, a huge thanks to Alblaka and the IC2 community - we raise our wrenches in salute to you all.

The Colony Ships Crew

• First off, holy crap these look awesome!

Second, and apologies if I've missed it (I did scan the thread but Iron Squid is on and I've had a few), but could you possibly flip this around and provide buildcraft blueprints for the modules? I'm thinking instead of "Hey, I just landed on a new planet in my awesome ship!", we could go for a "Creeper/zombie/nuclear/whatever apocalypse! This planet is toast, grab what we can and build a ship with enough stuff to get us to another habitable planet" type thing.

Instead of a fantastic and easily RP-able start, we get an "endgame" goal with potentially equal RP value.

Finally, congrats on the sticky!

• Russdee is in strong agreement with you CiderCraft - he prefers all his builds legit.

Our current workaround on new servers is that we can MCEdit in only those items which we have built legit on a previous world.
    We work as a team however, so until BC has updated 3.x for multiplayer, we can't blueprint anything apart from for SSP worlds.

Some of the ships also have issues since the upgrade because of one or two block ID changes, but we're fixing that as best as we can.

If you can wait a week until the easter break however, I'll see if I can knock up a few blueprint files for ease of use for the SSP players.

Just be aware that you are going to need a LOT of iron and lapis for these builds - I'm also not sure if the blueprinter handles RP panels and wiring properly. If that's the case, I'll see if I can do some stripped out hulls for a builder which you can then wire up the internals on.

EDIT:

k, played around with the architect table and discovered that there's at least one block on the 4-man colony ship that it doesn't like.

I'm slowly stripping out all the blocks to figure out what it is - I'm suspecting it's the partially charged MFE's...

EDIT: K, looks like it's the cables causing it - specifically the glass fibres

RELEASE EDIT:

k, finished testing and uploaded 2 BC blueprints to OP and updated.

You wanted endgame RP cider? You got it ;)

Fibre cables cause black screen crash when attempting to use in a blueprint, so you'll have to wire it all up yourself.
    Machines appeared with correct orientation in testing - your mileage may very.

STRONGLY recommend using equivalent exchange if you want to have any world left after gathering the iron needed for the hangar.

Default block IDs for BC v3.x, so didn't upload config.

MOAR EDIT:

8 diamonds encased in redstone, encased in obsidian, surrounded by lava.

Spacerocks as an alternative to that initial redstone hunt to get machines up? Thoughts?

• Do any of the ships have Redwire? Asking because the Farm ship doors have a couple issues.... namely, you need a bit more red alloy wire than is in the doors to fix them.

Have yet to blow up any Reactor . It's only a matter of time, though. Actually, I may go for a CASUC design, but doubtful.
    "Are you sure this will work?"(My friends)
    "I have no idea! Let's do it anyways!"(Me.)

Generation 27 The first time you see this, put it in your signature and add 1 to the number. Call it a social science pyramid scheme.

• Redpower has some issues under any kind of rotation.

That includes rotating a schematic in MCEdit as well as placing a builder in a different orientation with buildcraft.

Wasn't aware of an issue with the farming ship doors though, will look into it.

failing that, just TMI/NEI up the bits you need - hardly an issue if you've already got the know-how to get the ship into the game in the first place =]

• Turok & co. Wow, that was quick! Thanks chaps, gonna give them a whirl asap. 5100+ Iron blocks for the hangar? This might take a while!

Kodemunkey as far as i know, you put the blueprint files in .mc/buildcraft/blueprints, build a blueprint library ingame and import them onto a blank blueprint. Then put that blueprint in a builder, give it what it needs and supply power.

Colony ship: builder front, bottom-right
    Hangar: builder front, bottom left

• kodemunkey

Requirements to use a blueprint file:

Have Buildcraft v3.x (SSP only version at time of writing)
    Unzip blueprint files to:

../.minecraft/buildcraft/blueprints

add the exact name of the blueprint file (including the .bpt extension) to the entries in index.txt and also <your name>.list (the last one makes the blueprint accessible from the blueprint library block.

Place builder ingame
    Create blueprint library block
    create blueprint and load it with desired template

load blueprint into builder

change trousers after seeing iron requirements.

Profit.

CiderCraft

The hangar should work fine at any rotation - it's all solid blocks, also the template was made with architect table outside the back left corner as you look in the door. Bit of a fail of placement there. Test it in creative first - you don't need to supply blocks in creative mode, just power.
    The colony ship should be fine under rotation with the possible exception of the sticky pistons and machine facings - experiment!

EDIT: Added more blueprints to the zip file, some redpower items which might not work as intended.