Does anything beat mining by hand?

• I became very annoyed over the past 3 days. Why you are thinking? RedPower2, thats why.

1. Its laggy and the codebase could likely be improved if Elo would just let other people help here through the use of a slightly more open software agreement.
    2. Its buggy, for the same reason as #1.
    3. So far the bugs include 2 things. Random covers going missing off my tunnel bore. Entire chunks of frames and/or block breakers vanishing.
    4. I know these are bugs because I turned off creeper block damage. I also had not 1, BUT 2 RailCraft anchor carts loaded with 16 pearls at all times using enderchests, located a few blocks apart on the machine. The machines were feed unlimited blutric power, once again using enderchests. The items from the dig head where of course put into my sorting system via, you guessed it, enderchest. The entire machines was less than 9x9x9, so now way did it go outside of the range of the chunk loaders.

At this point I have lost 4 tunnel bores to these bugs, 3 in SMP, 1 in SSP when I got so pissed after losing the first 2 in SMP. I am going to try a Frame Quarry, and if that fails to work, then I will surely as all hell remove RedPower from every MutliMC I have and go on a months long crusade to modify RedPower2 for my own use until it isn't buggy as fuck.

No censoring, I am very annoyed, those machines cost a lot of resources to build.

• Elo is the best coder in this universe, if you disagree you are wrong, a hater and will burn in hell just for thinking it.
    That is why she does not share her code with anyone, as no one can even get close to her level of perfection.

To give you an example: she once wrote an ore dictionary in only a week, where you can map ore names to objects! Even trying to explain the complexity behind such an ingenious algorithm would blow most coder's minds instantly!

• She also has a ridiculous policy when it comes to her pet mod. Much of what makes Industrialcraft, Buildcraft and the like great is the API that lets people make it greater still.
    Eloraam on the other hand seems to think that the but for a very few tiny mods I've seen recently on the MC-forums, nothing should be allowed to do anything to her precious mod. It has to be all her way or no way.

• Official Post

Eloraams problem with Redpower is, that Redpower is not finished (and I dont think she will ever be able to 'perfectly' finish it), if its finished, then she will make a Redpower API for others to be able to make Redpower Addons. However, since almost every single useful Feature is on her List (assuming that), there will then be absolutly no point in making Addons for it at all.

Also her Code is only so 'perfect', because she tests many things (those long Release delays and perfectionism, you know), and because she can make clean Code. But sometimes those clean Algorithms go wrong.

With the Relay for example, it checks once every 10 ticks if there is a target. Good, but if its placed adjacent to a Machine (with a large Inventory), it will let an ItemStack bounce back and forth EVERY. SECOND. TICK. That can lag horribly if you have a rather complex Machine with many Inventory Slots as target and a large Factory with Relays ontop of multiple Machines.

What about her Pump? It becomes a Lag Monster if you try to fill a Cave with it. When the Cave is finally full, It will scan THE WHOLE FRIKKIN CAVE over and over and over again to find a place to put its Liquid (During operation it uses only one Scan for the whole Area).

I recently had a Problem with the Regulator not properly regulating, due to a minor Bug in Redpower. Guess how I solved it. Right, I used my own electric Regulator for the purpose of saving the Materials for 8 additional Industrial Electrolyzers.

Eloraam was also so great and Invented the OreDictionary. It's a really great Invention, it's perfect, I use it all the time without any Bugs. Moment, what's that Crafting Recipe? Eloraam doesnt fully use HER OWN OREDICTIONARY!!! Seriously, why not?! I've spent long time to find a public (so for everyone) way to announce Bugs to her. Well, unless you are on ForgeCraft or ShadowDragons Server, you can't even report Bugs properly (yes I know Redpower is absolutly perfect and doesnt has any Bug to report at all...). And I doubt she accepts Bugreports via Twitter. You could ofcourse report Bugs on her official MC-Forum Thread! When was she online on that Forum last time? Oh, nevermind...

Eloraam is a great Programmer, but in my eyes, she fails horribly in regards of any compatibility with other Mods, and is not really one of the good Mod Developers.

• Eloraam was also so great and Invented the OreDictionary. It's a really great Invention, it's perfect, I use it all the time without any Bugs. Moment, what's that Crafting Recipe? Eloraam doesnt fully use HER OWN OREDICTIONARY!!! Seriously, why not?! I've spent long time to find a public (so for everyone) way to announce Bugs to her. Well, unless you are on ForgeCraft or ShadowDragons Server, you can't even report Bugs properly (yes I know Redpower is absolutly perfect and doesnt has any Bug to report at all...). And I doubt she accepts Bugreports via Twitter. You could ofcourse report Bugs on her official MC-Forum Thread! When was she online on that Forum last time? Oh, nevermind...

You know, if you want to report bugs with redpower, you can always head on Esper IRC to #redpower where there's people who will take your bug reports and pass them on to Eloraam.

• Why is this even a 'thing'? If you don't want to use RP2, don't use it. Sheesh. It's not like you're paying for it.

The Ore Dictionary is a great resource for cross-mod compatibility. However, when another mod provides a resource at a far more prodigious rate, you might not want to use it for your recipes, because it will throw off the balance you have designed for.

And hey, Elorram may be reclusive, but at least she isn't the drama whore that FC is...

• That reminds me of Thaumcraft, which had this hammer of smashing in the old version 2. With enough power it erased a 3x3 block instantly, so you could run while digging a huge tunnle. That tool however broke pretty fast, but for the shot time it was working it was an amazing amount of blocks you could mine. ;)

• Official Post

Its probably not the BEST Method, but i use nukes.
    :Nuke TNT: :P :Nano Saber:

• there is only one way to make a gient hole in the ground. Anti-matter Missile (almost as good as red matter if you hate your house)