[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] CompactSolars 4.4

• As a config option, Would it be possible to cause every solar generator in a chunk aside from the first X, to not produce power?

That would make large solar trees useless, unless you upgrade, or spread them out massively, or use them for supplimentary power.

• Bug Discovered : The version of this addon included in the tekkit modpack* inverts deserts. During a rainstorm, the solar arrays actually stop working if you are IN the desert biome, and they keep running if you are in any biome but a desert. It sounds like you typed && when you meant || or vice versa, or forgot a ! .

*before you flame, keep in mind that this pack makes it possible for thousands of people to actually play this game, modded, in smp. It brings the wonders of the tech mods to thousands of people who would not have ever been capable of installing this many mods by downloading them 1 adfly link at a time.

• Bug Discovered : The version of this addon included in the tekkit modpack* inverts deserts. During a rainstorm, the solar arrays actually stop working if you are IN the desert biome, and they keep running if you are in any biome but a desert. It sounds like you typed && when you meant || or vice versa, or forgot a ! .

*before you flame, keep in mind that this pack makes it possible for thousands of people to actually play this game, modded, in smp. It brings the wonders of the tech mods to thousands of people who would not have ever been capable of installing this many mods by downloading them 1 adfly link at a time.

How do you know this is a Compact Solar Bug? How do you know the other mods in the tekkit pack are not causing the solar panels to work in the desert.

• To day I finally decided to upgrade my MC Server to MC 1.2.3

however, after changeing ID on my solar-arrays, deleting old AM configs, converting the old map - the solar arrays appear to be.. uhm invissible, though there is no doubt, that the accentually are present, I cannot walk past them, and they do produce EU.

however #1 the are ivisible, and #2 when trying to enter GUI game chrashes with the following:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at wz.a(World.java:1429)
    at wz.a(World.java:1235)
    at acl.a(EntityLiving.java:1898)
    at lo.a(EntityRenderer.java:217)
    at lo.a(EntityRenderer.java:1009)
    at lo.b(EntityRenderer.java:912)
    at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:21)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:892)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:747)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Stopping!

what am I doing wrong ?
    please advice.

/MG0

-------------------------edit-----------------
    nevermind forgot to make the changes on the client (config edits) as well - dooh, drink Duff

• I made some alternate textures which, I think, look much better. From left to right : regular solar (unchanged), LV array, MV and HV :

You can't see on the picture, but the bottom texture is the same as the side.

The texture file is attached to this post.

Edit : Updated the top texture of LV and HV to have an iron border around the solar cells.

• So wait... your issue with solars is that they are overpowered, not because of the materials needed, but because of the space? :rolleyes:

So you'd rather have a solar array taking up space... for what reason? You;'d rather have each panel updating the eNet separately and lagging out the server and the game?

Ummm... OK? You do that. Glad that your opinion isn't the final word. :P

Read his tag, I wouldn't be surprised if his full time job is to bitch on suggestions (and addons it seems).

Anyways, great job! This will be a great hand on SMP where the equal of a single HV Panel laid out in regular panels would cause serious lag issues.

• I would like to make a suggestion... Since some people are complaining about how OP it is, I suggest that you make 2 possible crafting recipes (per solar panel). The first recipe is the current recipe and the second is more expensive (suggested recipes below). They are each able to be disabled in a config file (or not if that's too much work). Also, I understand where these people are coming from. Making a large solar array is expensive from wiring, it is time consuming to design, build, fix all the mistakes, etc. AND it take up a ton of space. Figuring the current design uses enough extra materials (from the transformers) to take care of the non-space costs of a solar panel array, I figure that the more expensive recipe could use a bunch of extra wires to add the extra cost. How does this work? Like so -

:) :Cable: :)

:Cable: :Bronze Dust: :Cable: = 1 LV wire bundle

( :) = nothing)
    ( :Cable: = un-insulated copper wire)
    ( :Bronze Dust: = redstone dust)

This LV wire bundle would be combined with a LV transformer like so:

:) :Electronic Circuit: :)

:Electronic Circuit: :LV-Transformer: :Electronic Circuit: = 1 wired LV transformer

:) :Electronic Circuit: :)

( :Electronic Circuit: = LV wire bundle)
    ( :LV-Transformer: = 1 LV transformer)

which is then use to create the LV solar array in the usual way

:Cable: :Gold Dust: :Cable: = 1 MV wire bundle

:Cable: :Gold Dust: :Cable:

( :Cable: = un-insulated gold wire
    ( :Gold Dust: = glowstone dust)

This is used to craft a wired MV transformer like the wired LV transformer is created and which is then used to make the MV solar array in the usual way.

:Glass Fibre: :Force Field: :Glass Fibre:

:Glass Fibre: :Force Field: :Glass Fibre: = 1 HV wire bundle

:Glass Fibre: :Force Field: :Glass Fibre:

( :Glass Fibre: = glass fibre cable [or whatever they're called now])
    ( :Force Field: = lapis lazuli)

This is used for the wired HV transformer --> HV solar array.

Obviously, the actual material costs can be changed for balancing and such, but I think it is a good option for those who think this is OP, and still solves the lag problems (and if anyone says that the fact that it doesn't lag needs to be accounted for with an additional cost, they are out of their mind ;) )

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• the latest one doesn't work on MC 1.2.5 with IC21.95, using MinecraftForge-3.1.2.94-Client

I just did a quick SSP Creative mode test and it worked just fine. A flower of HV Solar Arrays filled an MFSU in about 40 seconds. :) Using all the same versions you listed. Tried it on my server in SMP mode and it worked fine as well. Are you getting any errors?