[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] CompactSolars 4.4

• Where is the "beta" for IC2 builds?

Considering his work on Forge, as well as his contribution through this addon, I think it's safe to say he gets access to the latest versions of IC2 before they are released to the public

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• hey cpw, why does if you use a 5x5 field of HV on a single MFSU and glas fibre, doesn't blow up the MFSU and the cable the packet each tick is bigger then 512 EU(12800 EU/t), is that wanted or am i just interpret something wrong.. becouse limits for mfsu accepting packets is 512 and not larger then HV... thats a little confusing me right now.. Even if the packets are split up for ever HV pannel, the MFSU + Cables should break/blow up becouse you deliver more then 512eu through the cable per tick...

that doesn't make sense, it would be like transfering HV through double isolated gold wire.

• hey cpw, why does if you use a 5x5 field of HV on a single MFSU and glas fibre, doesn't blow up the MFSU and the cable the packet each tick is bigger then 512 EU(12800 EU/t), is that wanted or am i just interpret something wrong.. becouse limits for mfsu accepting packets is 512 and not larger then HV... thats a little confusing me right now.. Even if the packets are split up for ever HV pannel, the MFSU + Cables should break/blow up becouse you deliver more then 512eu through the cable per tick...

that doesn't make sense, it would be like transfering HV through double isolated gold wire.

I believe cable limits are based upon the maximum packet size. Each HV Array outputs one packet of 512EU. So in a 5x5 array of HV Arrays, the glass fibre is carrying 25 packets of 512EU in size. The maximum packet size is still only 512EU, which glass fibre is capable of carrying.

You can see this same effect by placing a row of normal solar panels along a stretch of tin cable. Since each solar panel only outputs 1EU, you could line up 10 solar panels on each side of a length of 10 tin cable and the cable would not blow up. The reason being the same as above, you're only transmitting a packet size of 1EU. If there are 10 solar panels, there would be 10 packets of 1EU... but still the maximum packet size is still 1EU.

• I downloaded it and put it in my mods folder, then i went to the mcportcentral and downloaded the bukkit ported version into my server mods folder, i also have forge V1.71. I am running Minecraft 1.2.5 and have IC2 1.97.

Whenever i put the recipe into the crafting table, the Solar Array shows for a fraction of a second, then dissapears, how do i fix this?

Also, i had the same problem in the transformers mod, but it was fixed by making sure that the "check online for latest version"(or something like that) was true, I tried to look for that in the CompactSolar Config, but the only thing there is the Block ID and something about changing EU.

• I was very happy to see the update!! :)

But every time I try to place one of your blocks ingame it crashes with this error:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // Who set us up the TNT?

Time: 9/17/12 7:52 AM
    Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager
    at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.requestInitialData(NetworkHelper.java:155)
    at cpw.mods.compactsolars.TileEntityCompactSolar.g(TileEntityCompactSolar.java:68)
    at up.h(World.java:1814)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1780)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:843)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:773)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager
    at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:125)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.requestInitialData(NetworkHelper.java:151)
    ... 6 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

Relevant Details:
    - Minecraft Version: 1.3.2
    - Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    - Java Version: 1.7.0_03, Oracle Corporation
    - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    - Memory: 283594056 bytes (270 MB) / 597622784 bytes (569 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
    - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    - FML: FML v3.1.15.378 Minecraft Forge 4.1.2.263 21 mods loaded, 21 mods active
    (...)

• I get this error on startup, I have many other mods installed so im not sure if its an ID conflict, I didn't see "slot ### is already occupied"

Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game
    This error has been saved to C:\Users\Mitch\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-09-17_07.19.09-client.txt for your convenience. Please include a copy of this file if you report this crash to anyone.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT f831ab60 --------
    Generated 9/17/12 7:19 AM

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2
    - Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    - Java Version: 1.7.0_03, Oracle Corporation
    - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    - Memory: 571476192 bytes (545 MB) / 648740864 bytes (618 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
    - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    - FML: FML v3.0.196.366 Minecraft Forge 4.1.1.251 27 mods loaded, 27 mods active
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    mod_CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    mod_NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    Mystcraft [Mystcraft] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    mod_ReiMinimap [mod_ReiMinimap] ([1.3.2]ReiMinimap_v3.2_05.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    BuildCraft|Core [BuildCraft] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    BuildCraft|Builders [BC Builders] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    BuildCraft|Energy [BC Energy] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    BuildCraft|Factory [BC Factory] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    BuildCraft|Transport [BC Transport] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    BuildCraft|Silicon [BC Silicon] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre5.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    ExtraBees [Extra Bees] (extrabees-1.4.0.16-dev-build.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    Forestry [Forestry for Minecraft] (forestry-A-1.5.0.2.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    IC2 [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2_1.106.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    mod_InvTweaks [Inventory Tweaks] (InvTweaks-1.43b-1.3.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    MetallurgyCore [Metallurgy Core] (Metallurgy - Core 2.0.4.2b.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    MetallurgyEnder [Metallurgy Ender] (Metallurgy - Ender 2.0.4b.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    MetallurgyFantasy [Metallurgy Fantasy] (Metallurgy - Fantasy 2.0.4b.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    MetallurgyBase [Metallurgy Base] (Metallurgy - MetalsBase 2.0.4b.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    MetallurgyNether [Metallurgy Nether] (Metallurgy - Nether 2.0.4b.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    MetallurgyPrecious [Metallurgy Precious] (Metallurgy - Precious 2.0.4b.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    MetallurgyUtility [Metallurgy Utility] (Metallurgy - Utility 2.0.4b.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    CompactSolars [Compact Solar Arrays] (mod_compactsolars-main-3.0.1.13.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Errored
    IronChest [Iron Chest] (mod_ironchests-client-4.0.2.44.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    Railcraft [Railcraft] (Railcraft_6.1.0.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    Ripx [Ripx] (Ripx Bucket.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized
    - LWJGL: 2.4.2
    - OpenGL: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset GL version 2.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2302, Intel
    - Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'
    - Type: Client
    - Texture Pack: Default
    - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:102)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:461)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:144)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:405)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:737)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:371)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:124)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:81)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:460)
    ... 4 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: cpw.mods.fml.common.event.FMLPreInitializationEvent.getVersionProperties()Ljava/util/Properties;
    at cpw.mods.compactsolars.CompactSolars.preInit(CompactSolars.java:44)
    ... 29 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT 6c0b012f ----------

• OP:
    Version 3.0 is now available. Updated for FML 3.0, minecraft 1.3.2 and IC2 1.106. Requires forge 4.1.2.263 or later forge, because it uses new features !

so, l2r :)

• The API is wrong... what other ice ad dons do you have??

• i become this error in MP and SP.

• I'm getting the same error Warplord is getting. Everytime I place a compact solar, I get this error. (And when I load the world again, I get this error)

I have no IC2 addons, and I'm using forge 265. All the mods I have are in the error report.

• ExtraBees [Extra Bees] (extrabees-1.4.0.16-dev-build.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available

I doubt I will be useful but try removing the following Mod:

ExtraBees [Extra Bees] (extrabees-1.4.0.16-dev-build.zip)
    Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available

EDIT: In fact I can see it being that mod. Go into the zip and delete anything related to ic2 in the main folder if there is a such thing. Prob out of date API. Only mod on this list that I know that used IC API.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I doubt I will be useful but try removing the following Mod:

ExtraBees [Extra Bees] (extrabees-1.4.0.16-dev-build.zip)
    Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available

EDIT: In fact I can see it being that mod. Go into the zip and delete anything related to ic2 in the main folder if there is a such thing. Prob out of date API. Only mod on this list that I know that used IC API.

I confirm this. I removed it and sure enough it worked again. I know Binnie is busy atm, so he/she won't be able to fix the problem yet, but I'll let him/her know.

• Official Post

Get the LATEST forge, not the Recommended one. Fixed it for me :). minecraftforge-universal-4.1.2.265

• The API is wrong... what other ice ad dons do you have??

What do u mean "ice" addons? I think I have only
    Modular Force Field for ic2, and I do have extra bees, do u think that might be the prolem?

• What do u mean "ice" addons? I think I have only
    Modular Force Field for ic2, and I do have extra bees, do u think that might be the prolem?

Extra bee's is using an old API. Please open up extra bees zip and delete the folder called ic2 and see if it runs. If not then you will have to delete extra bee's completely.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.