Suggestion: IC2 Cell Rifle

• Name:
    Cell Rifle
    I need better names...

Description:
    I have playing using IC2 for 2 weeks... or more... . Everything is very good... even I can't complain one of my machines exploded because bad wiring. The only one I don't like is Mining Laser, it's good not overpowered, but not so good on enemies of Invasion Mod (At least for me, idk I'm not good for doing survival on some wave or I just complaining to items. I'm use Bow and arrows better than Mining Laser... oh... I forgot, it's Mining Laser, not for shoot enemy).
    So I have some ideas to add a Rifle that using Cell to operate, but I'm not a modder.
    This Rifle can shoot depend on what Cell that installed in there.
    Example:
    Everything crafting in 2x2 crafting grid, shapeless, can be anywhere.
    1. Cell Rifle + Water Cell :Water Cell: = Water Rifle
    This Rifle shoot a Water Ball only when full-charged (Hold Right-Click Button). The Water cause 4 damage (2 Heart) and some good knock back. It's useful for pushing entity from cliff... only. Oh, it can kill chicken in one shot.
    The Shot range for this weapon same as full-charged bow.
    This Weapon have 8 uses, when used up, a Water Rifle return to Cell Rifle and it ejecting empty cell to ground (not inventory) you can pick it up again.
    You can ejecting it by pressing Mode (Hold M + Right Click) it will eject empty cell to inventory.

2. Cell Rifle + Lava Cell :Lava Cell: = Flame Rifle

This Rifle shoot Fire Ball in limited range, maybe just half of full-charged bow, cause 18 damage to entity, burn it and burn terrain. It's deadly.
    It can shoot when not full-charged, but have decreased range. Beware for click... a right click (not hold) a fireball will drop in front of you and burn yourself.
    This Weapon have 4 uses.

3. Cell Rifle + Uranium Cell :Uranium Cell: = Nuclear Rifle
    That's a Nuclear... it will clear everything. Better shot it from very far places.
    It full charged shot have range as same as full charged bow. Beware... don't hold Right Click too long, it will Overcharged and Explode... and you successfully make a nice big hole.
    This Weapon have 1 use only.

4. Cell Rifle + Ammo Cell (that's new) = Single-Shot Rifle
    This is your normal classic rifle.
    Ammo Cell can be created by using Iron + Tin + Gunpowder = Ammo Package, compress it. It become 4 Bullets, and... put empty Cell in the middle of crafting table, surround it with 8 bullets.
    Bullet can deal 14 damage, hold Right Click just zoom it a little just like a bow.
    Range of this weapon is 32 block, straight.
    Have 8 uses, but if you ejecting cell, it will return bullets that not used yet, a cell is break in progress, even a bullet is used up it will ejected as a scrap.

Recipe:

Cell Rifle

:Iridium: :Iridium: :Electronic Circuit:

:Intergrated Plating: :Bronze Dust: :Iridium:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:

:Iridium: = Advanced Alloy

:Bronze Dust: = Redstone Dust

:Electronic Circuit: = Advanced Circuit

:Intergrated Plating: = Nothing

(Ouch... it's cheaper than Mining Laser... better think better recipe...)

-----

I thinking using the other cell but I feel it not useful enough (Using Biofuel to shot?) and Electrolyzed Water Cell not useful enough, or it will overpowered if it can call lighting on hit. Or create new Cell like Gravel Cell to shot like shotgun, or Stone Cell like... throwing stone... or Diamond Dust for making Diamond Ammo Cell that can damage any entity in line.

I'm not a fan of automatic rifle so I don't post any idea that make machine guns or something like that. I just like: Load... Aim... Shoot!

This is my very first post in any forum. I apologize if there's anything wrong in my post. And sorry for my bad grammar and spelling, English is not my language.

• That is a nice idea when industrial conflict comes. Not valid at the moment.

Now i'm gonna rage and say that it's called Industrium Conflict. Oops, already said it...

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• I have to say this sounds pretty interesting. The weapon wound be better being recharged from cells but having a mode system similar to the mining laser. Meaning it changes the mode from say flame-ball launcher to HE, and if they add armored enemies AP, with the basic attack using the least power. Though it would need something like the color at the end of the weapon changes with the mode or it says it when you cycle like the mining laser does. This way so the different modes use varying levels of power thus draining the weapon instead of needing new ammo types.

• mmm yeah. Industrialcraft needs something like this.

mining laser sorta sucks against mobs, compared to something like the nano saber, or even just the chainsaw (which i use as my weapon rather than carrying a sword)

something that isn't too op, but good for taking out mobs at range would be fantastic, and would fit in well with IC2 i think.

hell, if it is too powerful make the cost stupidly high, using uum and iriduim ore/plates etc etc. and/or increase the fuel/ammo requirements. fairly easy to balance i would hope.

my 2 cents

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• I really like the idea of using the 2x2 grid to "stick a new magazine in your rifle".

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• /facepalm

Alblaka already denied ALL weapon suggestions until Industrial Conflict comes out.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• "facepalm" @
    Shalashalska

dont quote the main post please ;) spams most topics in the forum, its kinda an pain to see.

but you do make an point, alblaka did deny it...

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Oh... kay... Industrial Conflict...
    I never heard it before, thank you for mention it. Be right back... or not. At least searching info for Industrial Conflict for 5 minutes and doing facepalm for 30 minutes.

• Don't worry, when I first saw a mention about Industrium Conflict I was lost too. It's going to be a named update for IC2 that will include some new weapons, from what I gather. My only hope is that the auto-fertilizer and hydration stuff comes out first though since I hate babysitting plants constantly :pinch:

• The uranuim cell gun should use depleted cells instead. Penetration!

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• The uranuim cell gun should use depleted cells instead. Penetration!

Hmm... that's make me thinking about using Nuclear Waste for ammo, spread the radiation!

-- Edit:

Didn't notice radiation make lag (put many block at once). At my old computer -that already broken twice- placing or removing a single block will drop fps from 17-19 to 5-8, nuke reactor explode make it freeze like 1-2 seconds.

So... radiation... out!
    Go! Penetration!