No more unmanned hydro power?

• An update on the Wiki suggests that unmanned water mills were removed from the latest version of Tekkit. Does anybody know what the story behind this is? It seems weird that unmanned hydro was the one removed, since the manned mode is the broken one.

The manned mode seems either useless (manually bucketing water into the mill) or brokenly overpowered (that RP2 setup that makes a gross amount of power for the amount of resources spent on it).

• It's hilariously funny that the OP sites the Tekkit users as a credible source... they barely understand the mods that they steal anyways, and hardly do anything beyond find the most exploited mechanic with said mods that requires the least amount of work...

That post was probably made along the lines of 'manned water mills are teh best, only use them!'. Which, tbh, just goes to show how skewed their line of thinking is when other people want to play in different ways...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Wow, pointless Tekkit hate much? It's depressing to see such random unsubstantiated comments parroted a community rather then trying to be constructive.

I'm guessing confusion is something to do with the section on the IC2 wiki (not the tekkit wiki, I suspect that was a slip of the tounge) with no longer working unmaned water tower designs. As theres nothing that says anything like this on the tekkit wiki I can find. Manned mode is still in, there was just a mechanic update that borks those designs.

If you did mean tekkit, tekkit still has unmaned water mills. It includes IC2 as is. Tekkit is at the end of the day just a redistrabution of the mods with conflicts fixed. The content from the individual mods is as is. As such the best sources are ususaly the individual mod wikis.

• Wow, pointless Tekkit hate much? It's depressing to see such random unsubstantiated comments parroted a community rather then trying to be constructive.

I'm guessing confusion is something to do with the section on the IC2 wiki (not the tekkit wiki, I suspect that was a slip of the tounge) with no longer working unmaned water tower designs. As theres nothing that says anything like this on the tekkit wiki I can find. Manned mode is still in, there was just a mechanic update that borks those designs.

If you did mean tekkit, tekkit still has unmaned water mills. It includes IC2 as is. Tekkit is at the end of the day just a redistrabution of the mods with conflicts fixed. The content from the individual mods is as is. As such the best sources are ususaly the individual mod wikis.

Nothing unsubstantiated about it, technic/tekkit outright stole the mods without permission to redistribute them. Last I knew they still don't have permission to use some of the mods.

Nothing unsubstantiated about it, technic/tekkit outright stole the mods without permission to redistribute them. Last I knew they still don't have permission to use some of the mods.

No point in arguing with automated white-knight bots of Goonswarm. They immediately try to discredit anyone who questions their actions the moment someone voices their discontent... It's hilariously predicable at points, since I openly knew they'ed immediately jump down on me before I even posted...

Spin harder bees... spin harder..

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Stop using tekshat or w/e its called and start using magic launcher, you still have to do a little work but at least you wont support people that outright steal stuff without asking permission. (The bonus is that people wont shun you or look at you with murder stares either)

• Stop using tekshat or w/e its called and start using magic launcher, you still have to do a little work but at least you wont support people that outright steal stuff without asking permission. (The bonus is that people wont shun you or look at you with murder stares either)

This ^ , although I never used it, I have heard that it works alright.

And I guess I'm out of the loop, why is it Tekkit now? I thought it was Technic? Idk, I've been so busy lately.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Nothing unsubstantiated about it, technic/tekkit outright stole the mods without permission to redistribute them. Last I knew they still don't have permission to use some of the mods.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• On a serious note, the IC2 wiki says that water towers no longer work. I'm a tad out of the loop, so is this actually being removed from the next version of IC2 or is that just for something else. Oh btw, long time lurker, first time poster here, so I just wanted to get some input. I generally tend to mod minecraft to hell and back, so I wanted to see about getting a real play through with one major mod and not messing it up for myself by cheating or anything and so readily available power generation would be nice without wasting resources on solar (now that they need circuits...).