[AddOn v1.71] Thermal Monitoring for Nuclear Reactors [SSP/SMP]

• @ reaper it looks like this:

(repeaters on the sides are just for looks, I had to add the one in the middle or it would sometimes just toggle on/off with the low heat monitor [high is on the left and low is on the right])

(A more compact version (also shows the orientation of the NOT gate better))

[Both the screenshots are with both monitors off (cold reactor) to show better. I tested both designs and they worked.]

• Fixed the redstone issue and updated the graphics. please let me know if this release is working OK

Fix works great! Can now have the Monitor next to a chamber without turning it off when it hits the set temp!
    Does not activate any other redstone connected to the same reactor, and the new graphic looks great! (Though I had nothing against the old one lol)

This should really be moved to the proper addons bit, coz this is a very good failsafe system for reactors (like if an ice machine stops working, or your coolent cells run out and you dont realise... -_-)

• Thanks SOOO much!
    I had the not gate wired to the reactor... I mis read your layout lol
    Works a charm now!

Well we all start somewhere :)
    Also take note of the difference between n00b and newb.
    You are not a n00b ^^

Many ppl around here are either scientists, engineers, programmers, students in those categories or just people who love automated systems and machines.
    For example, I am an electronics student and get training in real electronics every day, and phew there are lot harder (and much more boring but nevertheless necessary) stuff in there than the pure logic we see here in Minecraft.

• Would you consider merging with the Thermometer mod? Maybe you could talk to the creator about that and use the digital thermometer in the recipe of your heat monitor, because lots of people have had trouble with the thermometer mod and if you and he could work together I know that you could work it out and benefit both of the mods. Then you could create better sprites that he was looking for and the mod would be good enough to be added to IC2.

• *tests new version* Very nice, works flawless (as far as I can tell).

The only improvement I can think to suggest is more values between 9000 and 10000 heat (like 9250 and 9750) since 9-10k is the sweet spot for breeding. [and possibly as mentioned above, if the monitors could display the current reactor temperature (maybe updated once / second -- as long as it doesn't cause lag) but that would just be gravy.]

• Ok well i was trying to set up something like the video but every time the modular sends redpower straight into the nuclear gen.

• You, kind sir, ARE AWESOME! Must do.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• The monitors will be in the next version of ComputerCraft. The ccSensors is an addon im using for CC, im probably the only one with it.
    Ill do a video demonstration of this because its too awesome. The info you see on the monitors is a program ive written in lua using the ccSensors
    API along with basic lua functions and commands. The info on the left monitor is a stock program of ccSensors, which i slightly modified.
    http://imgur.com/a/XW2A6#0

ccSensors so far has, a sensor for world, inventory, buildcraft, and industrialcraft. I havent tried this mod yet, but im thinking as long as i use ccSensors this is no real need for it. I can fully control multiple reactors(each being a different type) from one computer. And combine that with monitors....
    http://computercraft.info/

God blesses the child that can hold its own.

• " I havent tried this mod yet, but im thinking as long as i use ccSensors this is no real need for it. "

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't ccSensors a Singleplayer only addon for computercraft? Whereas this mod here is both SSP and SMP?

EDIT : Reread this and it sounds like i'm having a go at you. I'm not! I think your program and nuke control is awesome, just pointing out that this mod is useful for a SMP setting aswell, and to my knowledge ccSensors is singleplayer only.

• Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't ccSensors a Singleplayer only addon for computercraft? Whereas this mod here is both SSP and SMP?

EDIT : Reread this and it sounds like i'm having a go at you. I'm not! I think your program and nuke control is awesome, just pointing out that this mod is useful for a SMP setting aswell, and to my knowledge ccSensors is singleplayer only.

That's sad :( I'm not sure why so many mods would want to be limited to SSP only, I respect that people play it (and having being an "SSP only" player once myself) but ever since starting up my private server with my friends I've found MC to really be something I enjoy. I guess I just like to impress my friends using funky reactor setups with this mod.

I do have one question about the thermal monitors, are they flammable? One of the players on my server was using one to cut off his reactor at 4000, with 2 chambers. However, the whole thing went up like Three Mile Island. Now, I didn't get to see his setup so I'm not too sure if it was just user error, but he said something about seeing a monitor burn up? Maybe he's just saying stuff to save face :P

• Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't ccSensors a Singleplayer only addon for computercraft? Whereas this mod here is both SSP and SMP?

The SMP version will be done soon, and then the port. We're all over this :p cmon now - who doesnt want SMP? :)
    It will definitley be on GodCraft server. Enough of ccSensors anyway for this thread..
    Btw the way cc1.31 is now out for mc 1.2.3 with monitors and the peripheral API released(which means ccSensors is public for download).
    Also there is a backport of CC 1.31 for MC 1.1 as well, and ccSensors is avaible for both versions.

• Soon as ccSensors is updated to SMP i'll be all over it like a bad rash. Guess we wait for 1.2.3 idc first :P

CC has been back ported to MC 1.1, and ccSensors is available for 1.2.3 and 1.1 :) But unlike this mod ccSensors needs CC. This mod is a standalone, also the ic2 module in ccSensors is nice, reactor, reactor inventory, energy storage :) etc