Recipe idea
    :Lava Cell: :Electronic Circuit: :Lava Cell:
    :Dynamite: :Dynamite: :Dynamite:
    :Electronic Circuit: :Lava Cell: :Electronic Circuit:

:Dynamite: = Copper cable
    :Lava Cell: = RE batteries
    :Electronic Circuit: = Electronic Circuit

it should hold up 50000 Eu

• Well, As long as the higher tier batteries work in my drill and chainsaw, without me lugging a MFE around with me, Then I suppose you have a point.

• Official Post

Alblaka (or at least the IC²-Wiki) is/was thinking about sixpacks of batterys.

Miningdrills, Chainsaws and that stuff are charged by a Batpack/Lappack if weared like a Chestplate.

Energycrystals and Lapotrons are good for itemized Energytransfer between MFEs/MFSUs and are with Transformerupgrades also usable in normal Machines.

So seriously, what do you want more?

P.S. use the Chargingbench-Addon if you have not enough material for MFEs/MFSUs.

• I imagine the wiki still had the old six-packs from Ic1

Energy crystals and lapatrons are useful for machine energy transfer, but seeing as what you can do with that (aside from buildcraft-teleport pipe transfers) is able to be done anyhow with wires fine, Not seeing the serious use. At least not for energy cystals. (yep, that again)

What I seriously want is the ability to use enrgy crystals in the T2 tools directly, And/or, The ability to use the Bat/lappack directly to recharge tools, even if an adapter item is required.

I would really like to be able to do something which obviously should be possible, Without using a silly workaround.
    Specifically, I want to use the Quantum-chest. So, Obviously, I have to wear it most of the time to get benifit out of it. So, I wear it, and take a lappack with me. Then, when My drill/laser is empty, I replace the suit with the lappack, Drill/shoot until it is fully recharged (It might take only one use now, not sure with the updates) and then put the armor back on.

What I want to do is to take a lappack, or bat-pack (or, obviously preferably, energy and lapatrons), and Just use it like a Re-battery, to recharge my drill, laser, or otherwise. So, I put both in the hotbar, and use them, It sends power, like a Re-battery, to your tools, (possibly with power loss, or requires an extra item in your hotbar, like a T2 or T3 adapter item)

Hmm, Thinking about this, I think answering that question actually counts as hijacking the thread, even though both of us (Im pretty sure) want a solution to the same problem.

• I think that the major point of contestation here is the compromise. In this case between the protection of a straight armour chest, and the utility of a charger piece, and the simple answer is that that is kind of the point of the game, and can be seen everywhere.

Take EU generation: Wind/water are low-gen low-cost. Reasonable to set up, cheap to make, reasonable output. Solar are High cost, easy set-up decent output. Coal/lava are easy set up, quite high maintenance. Nuclear range from expensive, low maintenance, low energy, to expensive, high maintenance, high energy. You don't have 1 generator that does everything for everyone, because then there's no challenge to subverting the challenges and living around them.

Similarly, if you are wanting protection, you sacrifice additional work keeping your tools charged. If you want hassle-free mining/building, you accept that you're up a creek when ambushed by a creeper.

The recent trend in Al's suggestions/ideas is MORE diversity at the top level, rather than a single all-in-one piece that does everything (note: the solar helmet and static boots, and the recent armour suggestion thread).

If you're wanting a quick way of bypassing the limits of the mod, then go creative, but, if you take the challenge, you take it all.

• Bibble Well, That point of view certainly is valid, But the main issue I have with it is the silly workarounds that dont get fixed.

Silly how?

Apparently all tools have a 10k energy storage, thats practically a RE-Battery there (Well you do craft them with a RE-Battery after all)

Batpacks can store 60k Energy, thats 6 Batteries stacked into a single piece that charges things for you as long as you have it equipped (And break a block), lappack its 300k energy.

You should be grateful that these two charges your tools to max power, i would have made it so the tools would need to use the batpack energy directly without charging them :X

• Actually the whole reason behind this is that you can't wear Q-Suit and power your tools. I agree with FenixR that it should be changed to the tools consuming the lappack-power instead of their own, without getting recharged. So this workaround would be fixed and there is no use in changing over to the lappack, but the decision is clearly lappack/batpack or Q-Suit.

Still I would vote for a combined batpack/armor piece. Not that strong, but since the Lappack is an improvement of the Batpack in regards to Energy-Storage why not also make an improvement in regards to protection. Well won't make sense with a Q-Suit since 3 pieces + Lappack gives full armor, but Q-Suit is a bit expensive, and getting one point armor more with a protective batpack would make sense.

• I think that there is a fairly fine line between workaround and method. And that distinction is usually made by the person in charge (Albaka, in this case).

Take the mining thing for example.

The miner is, pretty much by definition a mobile device. You can use it repeatedly in the same spot, but it'd be a little pointless. The generators usually aren't that mobile. Either they take a large area, and lots of setup to get running at a decent rate (most renewables), or they take a fair amount of raw materials (standard, geo, nukes, etc.).

This leads to some creative ways around the problem. Some like plonking down a few standard gens, loading them with charcoal, and leaving them be. My personal preference is usually towards geos, until I have the resources for an MFE/MFSU and the relevant transformers, to move energy more efficiently. I've heard the method of using a solar flower, or MK1 nuke to power it. None of these are wrong, none are right. They all use blocks in ways that they weren't intended (i.e. frequent pick and place), because trying to supply a hungry miner with batteries is a little silly.

I am aware that there is a use-Lap crystal line in the config, and I've been trying it out with it on recently (while doing a little beekeeping with forestry), but I think I'll reset it back to the default, and go back to finding a way of powering the miner with the minimum amount of waste possible, because it was more fun that way, and I think that's why it's off by default.

To swing this back to the topic at hand, it's perfectly possible to run around with a whole mess of RE batts to keep your drill charged because you want protection while working. That's no less valid a method than the alternative of changing for the bat/lap-pack to charge, and then suiting back up. It's a price you pay to be protected. I tend to be more cautious, but keep my lappack on most of the time, unless I'm specifically exploring, so I don't need to worry about power, but that's just me.

As I tried to say in the previous post, you're not going to get a magic-bullet type item, because that would make it, inherently useless. You'd work towards it, and then have nothing to do.

• Silly stuff like this should be removed just ad another slot for batpacks etc. Its so silly to keep changing your lappack/quantum suit just to power your tools. I rather stay above the ground then and spam miners/quarries (and in the future rp2 quarries) because by the time you get quantum suit you got more than enough resources to do so. I dont get why you shouldnt be able to have a jetpack, batpack on while you wear a quantum suit i mean its better than the nanoarmor from crysis....Atleast make it a option so everyone can be happy.

• That would actually be preferable, believe it or not. It would remove the extremely silly logic, as well as avoiding the *too much power* issue.
    Although, When you look at Equivalent exchange, you might notice that Quantum suit lost it's status as most OP suit of armor in any mod.
    But then, Seeing as *everyone* assumes EE is the same as TMI, I suppose I can understand why it would be excluded.

Still, Aside from as reagents, or mid-tier manual energy transfer, possibly from the nether, I still dont see any real use for energy crystals that laptrons dont do far better.

Rick, You forgot the /sarcasm at the end of your post.

• Official Post

I think an additional Slot for Backpacks in the Steve-GUI would be a good idea, BUT Alblaka will not add any Slot to that GUI or any other Vanilla-GUI, because it would make IC² incompatible with all the other Mods, which are changing that. So we must wait for Jeb adding a Backpackslot. :(

Who needs Quantumsuitchestplate and Lappack at the same time? Oh yes, N00bs who are afraid of Lava.

And Rick, RP-Quarries are not good, because they are vertical.
    A horizontal constantly forwardmoving Landscapeeater with Onboard-Autoproduction is much better, Muahahahaha.

Wasn't the Suggestion Super-RE-Batteries? In that case:
    No we already have enough mobile Energystoragedevices!

• Who needs Quantumsuitchestplate and Lappack at the same time? Oh yes, N00bs who are afraid of Lava.

that's what Fire Protection (8minute) potions are for :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• that's what Fire Protection (8minute) potions are for :D

Or a water bucket...

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Fire Resist pots are garunteed though, a water bucket cannot also be used instantly like if you actually fall into lava and have to swim out first or you might even seal yourself under the lava by putting obsidian ontop of you on accident.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

Fire Resist pots are garunteed though, a water bucket cannot also be used instantly like if you actually fall into lava and have to swim out first or you might even seal yourself under the lava by putting obsidian ontop of you on accident.

Who the fuck is falling into Lava? Last time i fallen into Lava was in Beta 1.4!!! (long time ago)

If you fall into Lava while fighting, then you've not taken proper care about you!

If you fall into Lava after being shooten by a Ghast, then you should not stay in range of them!

If you fall into Lava because of the stupidness of a Teammate, then you should kill/attack him before he is following you near to the Lava!

If you fall into Lava while mining, then it is well deserved!

If you fall into a Lavatrap, then you are too stupid to avoid Traps!

• lol, it's usually when i'm mining tunnels for diamonds while watching a movie and just holding Shift,w, and left click. on a rare occasion lava would come from directly above and tag me before i could run away. or when my shift glitches in the nether when trying to get glowstone over lava.