Tutorial: Geothermal Generator Farm

• Want to create immense amounts of power but don't want to deal with the dangers and confusion of a nuclear reactor, not to mention the sheer resources needed to build one behind 4 layers of reinforced stone? Well, you come to the right place my friend! Here I show you how to build a 26 geothermal generator farm that puts out 520 EU/t with out need of maintenance, cool down, or anything else, it'll do it 24 hours a day 7 days a week. It's pretty much build and forget, and not worry about coming home to a very very *very* large crater after mining all day. :D And with the small foot print and ease of building one you could even build on in the wilderness or even in the nether!

Geothermal Generator Farm Tutorial featuring IC 1.71 , EE 2 1.38 , and Redpower 2 PR4D.

• Looks good, but do note that you can save your Tin by using BC pipes and direct injection of lava into the machines. Also, don't forget that GeoGens. have an inert buffer of 240k EU within their tanks as well, and should factor that into the amount of raw energy you actually have at your disposal.

Nice work nonetheless.. :thumbup:

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Then, of course, if youre a madman, you can build the geothermal generator farm that i designed.
    Good job on the tutorial by the way, reminds me of my second generator farm. I could probably do a tutorial on this monstrosity, but that seems a bit overkill seeing as nobody could possibly find enough lava.

• Looks good, but do note that you can save your Tin by using BC pipes and direct injection of lava into the machines. Also, don't forget that GeoGens. have an inert buffer of 240k EU within their tanks as well, and should factor that into the amount of raw energy you actually have at your disposal.

Nice work nonetheless.. :thumbup:

Well, as I am using EE to make lava cells, the only tin I used was the initial cell to put into the Condenser. :D Why it can run 24/7 365 with out need of maintenance or anything else, it'll just keep going like the Energizer bunny. :D

• Also, lava drains after a while.

Yeap! With Buildcraft pumping in lava you would need to move the pump now and again, with EE just producing the lava cells whole cloth with no need to put in tin or lava, it'll just run nonstop forever. That's the beauty of the system, I could plop it down in the middle of a desert, wire it to a terraformer, put in a hydration terraformer unit, and let it go and it'll do it with out me ever having to go swap out lapitrons or anything. I could come back later and have it done, heck, even swap out the hydration for a cultivation and turn the new meadow into a forest, again, with out having to worry about power, it's endless. :D

• ee isnt cheating, if it was then why do lots o people who ddont like cheating use it eh... cant break that logic can you.

• yes, it's cheating. Having EE installed horribly breaks the balance of all other mods.

Given how horribly long it takes to make end game stuff because it's horribly expensive doesn't unbalance anything. It makes some things easier, but, to really break things would take you a lot of work, hours and hours and hours of playing, to get anywhere near a level that would be considered broken. Nothing like the nano armor that takes no damage and lets me take a creeper explosion to the face and can be built in the first few hours of a new world. X(

• it would take you a good 120 hours of gameplay to really get enough EE items to acctually break the game and if you dont believe me then try it your self and see if you can get full red matter gem armor and all the rings amulets and etc within 2 days its im possible even if you were not to sleep its not game breaking because it takes alot of time to get up to that point and by then you already got quantum suit so yeah its not cheating k its acctually quite hard.

• Official Post

it would take you a good 120 hours of gameplay to really get enough EE items to acctually break the game and if you dont believe me then try it your self and see if you can get full red matter gem armor and all the rings amulets and etc within 2 days its im possible even if you were not to sleep its not game breaking because it takes alot of time to get up to that point and by then you already got quantum suit so yeah its not cheating k its acctually quite hard.

The point is converting Matter to Energy (EMC) in a 1:1 ratio and Energy into Matter in a 1:1 ratio is the same as cheating. If there would be at least a small loose of Energy/Matter after every conversion, like with Thaumcraft then it wouldnt be cheating and an acceptable Mod for me. And i played it already, and still think its cheating.

• ee isnt cheating, if it was then why do lots o people who ddont like cheating use it eh... cant break that logic can you.

I define cheating in probably two ways.

a} If you don't have to do any work setting something up, but just type in a command to get something.
    b} If as a result of a}, what you're getting is not due to any in-game mechanics.

Equivalent Exchange does require work in setting up infrastructure, and it also apparently has a set of internal mechanics which it follows. So logically to me it isn't cheating; although in the case of item duping, it certainly can feel like it. If the mod allows a chest full of lava cells to be duped, then I would hope there is some serious work that you actually have to do to get that result, and that there is a coherent reason for why it works, in game terms.

• Official Post

I define cheating in probably two ways.

a} If you don't have to do any work setting something up, but just type in a command to get something.
    b} If as a result of a}, what you're getting is not due to any in-game mechanics.

Equivalent Exchange does require work in setting up infrastructure, and it also apparently has a set of internal mechanics which it follows. So logically to me it isn't cheating; although in the case of item duping, it certainly can feel like it. If the mod allows a chest full of lava cells to be duped, then I would hope there is some serious work that you actually have to do to get that result, and that there is a coherent reason for why it works, in game terms.

If you have a X-Ray-mod installed, then it's not cheating??? 8|

I just wanted to apply your Logic to some Cheats.

EE not even requires large amounts of work to be considered as cheating, because the Transmutationtable is the only cheat there. If you want to have an Godsuit then you have to work hard for it, i know. But it's the Transmutationtable, what's considered cheating.

• what with the hostility to a different style of play? as long as one has fun and isn't killing you for fun there should be no harm in it

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• what with the hostility to a different style of play? as long as one has fun and isn't killing you for fun there should be no harm in it

Agreed... while I don't give EE users much credit for their efforts, I won't say that they don't have a right to use it... direwolf has proven that people will still regard you as a beacon of wisdom in Minecraft regardless of if you are using that mod or not...

The only thing I find wrong with EE is that it creates the illusion of infinite resources for ALL aspects of MC, and that promotes a large level of laziness for the player. And personally, I think may others can agree with that statement..

Hell, after playing a bit of vMC on a SMP 1.2.4 server, I've discovered how 'lazy' I've gotten with IC in Minecraft, lol... Course you still can't build a true factory worth mentioning in Minecraft without mods, sadly... (unless Jeb adds block breakers into vMC)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

What is with people reviving 3+ month old threads for no reason?

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....