Nuclear power and Teleport Pipes

• Hey everyone. So I have just recently built a nuclear reactor in place of my combustion engines. My engines kept blowing up on me with water issues and chunk loading. I even tried a trick using redstone and gates to have it kill teh system if an engine went yellow. Then again kaboom for 5th time. I didnt have it in me to built it all again and figure out what went wrong so instead wanted to build nuclear. I got it up and running nad generating a nice 100 eu a tick. However I was using conductive piping with teleport pipes to get my power around my base and out to other areas. Now i amnot sure how to get that poiwer that is sitting in an MSFU teleported out to my quarry.

simply put, can nuclear power be transmitted across power teleport pipes
    or used for powering things that are a more then say 40 squares away. I
    ask the latter because i am under the impression that power is lost
    after like 6 squares of travel via wire/cable.

• Depending on your reactors output, power can travel up to 39 blocks without EU loss using glass fibre. Give the Cable Loss Calculator a go.

If you want to get clever, you could have a system automatically charge up lapotron crystals and teleport then to wherever.

Also your chunk loading thing could be solved with chunk loading blocks, 4 iron ingots (i think it's shapeless), place it down, hit F9 (if I remember rightly), and it'll outline 5 chunks which'll stay loaded. Feel free to lay down as many as required.

• I was using chunk loading blocks but have read that issues exist with them and water properly loading when you travel away far distances. The lap crystals idea seems neat. Instead of using power teleport pipes i could just tele port the crystals to a MFSU?

• Combustion engines create BC power. Nuclear reactors generate IC power. How were you going to power your quarry on a nuclear reactor?
    (I assume you don't have a crossover mod, because if you did, you could just use power teleport pipes again)

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• if he had the forestry mod installed, he cud just use the electrical engens to convert IC2 power to BC power :)

Combustion engines create BC power. Nuclear reactors generate IC power. How were you going to power your quarry on a nuclear reactor?
    (I assume you don't have a crossover mod, because if you did, you could just use power teleport pipes again)

• If he had the technic pack there is a device in that that can change IC power to BC power, its called an energy link, with that he could get the power from the MFSU out of a glass fiber cable and then connect it to the energy link and then get a wooden conductive pipe and that would change the IC power to BC power therefore letting him run his quarry. :D

Combustion engines create BC power. Nuclear reactors generate IC power. How were you going to power your quarry on a nuclear reactor?

• If he had the POWER CONVERTERS MOD* there is a device in that that can change IC power to BC power, its called an energy link, with that he could get the power from the MFSU out of a glass fiber cable and then connect it to the energy link and then get a wooden conductive pipe and that would change the IC power to BC power therefore letting him run his quarry. :D

I fixed it for you

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Combustion engines create BC power. Nuclear reactors generate IC power. How were you going to power your quarry on a nuclear reactor?

as mentioned above, the Power Converters mod can do that and Forestry also has an electric engine to power buildcraft machines with EU. take your pick!
    i also find it funny how people with technic pack never know which mod does what ;)

• Official Post

The Fun stops as soon as one of those edits the IC²-Wiki.

Advertisement: My IDSU is perfect for wireless and crossdimensional EU-Transfer at any EU/t (if you have multiple ones at one Location), so no need for Teleportpipes!

• Alternately, use logistics pipes and teleport pipes to fill up Lapotron Crystals and transport them to your quarry to run... whatever it is you are running it on. 100% energy efficiency over ANY distance in discreet 1m Eu/Tic packets!

• Alternately, use logistics pipes and teleport pipes to fill up Lapotron Crystals and transport them to your quarry to run... whatever it is you are running it on. 100% energy efficiency over ANY distance in discreet 1m Eu/Tic packets!

Lapatrons don't unload energy in 1 tick, so they're not quite that powerful! :P

• you can put them in more than one mfsu to maximize the output....

Change the scheme, alter the mood. Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

[b][i][u][url=' [url='http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7745']HAYO CORP: Nuclear Power (FREE: Reactor Blueprints)