[IC2 1.109] SeedManager v3.0.2 - Taking the hassle out of agriculture.

• Here is the error log. it crashes when you use the library

Code
    http://pastebin.com/Msisrgsu
    its so long I had to put it into pastebin.

Not sure when the error starts. but it *is* related to the seed library.

• ZexMaxwell001: Looks like it's gotten stuck in a loop when you tried to move items around. Best guess is that it's related to the phantom inventory slot used for setting the seed type. I'll keep an eye out for that when I do the official bukkit port.

pcmaster160: It does use the check mark, actually, but in a fairly weird way. It's the button's image, but the image that's displayed isn't normally changeable, so I have to do it by hacking the Y coordinate like this:

Ugly, but it works.

I'll fix the background for the library GUI. I generated it in code, but there's no reason not to export that back to the image so it can be changed.

I'm not sure what's up with the black mark above the GGRT bars in your image. Any idea what might be causing it?

The next version will have support for front, side/back, top, and bottom textures (in that order), as well as on/off states for both and an animation for the front of an active seed analyzer. My current dev template is attached. Note that the seed analyzer displays the seed on top if one's present, turns the display on if it has power, and animates if both happen.

Also, do you happen to know how TextureFX works with HD packs? I'd like to support customizing the animation for them, but right now, I'd be working blind.

Update: I've got the animation working!

• If it is using the check than it isn't pulling it from the texture pack folder, I'll try updating the image in the zip. Also the inventory slots aren't being used for whatever reason. Replacing the gui with mine that is in the mod's zip it uses the check, and my arrows (the import/export ones) but still doesn't show the item slots for seeds. The black mark is actually just the gui background stretched into the bars (I'm using a outdated version in my /texturepack folder). All I know about texturefx is that as long as you are using forge's methods, it should work. When sengir migrated forestry/buildcraft to forge's texture api he could finally fix the hd compass in forestry, but he couldn't get it working until then (and he tried a lot of things).

And I better get working on the textures for the new version :P
    Heres the blocks if anyone wants to see them so far, they are probably pretty much done.

• If it is using the check than it isn't pulling it from the texture pack folder, I'll try updating the image in the zip. [...] Replacing the gui with mine that is in the mod's zip it uses the check, and my arrows (the import/export ones)

Aha, I think I figured it out. The leading slash on most texture file names is missing from the calls that initialize that stuff. I'll compile up a test build and send it your way via PM shortly. (Edit: Sent!)

Also the inventory slots aren't being used for whatever reason

The inventory slots should just be drawn on the background image. The code doesn't care about their appearance at all.

The black mark is actually just the gui background stretched into the bars (I'm using a outdated version in my /texturepack folder).

Ah. Nothing to worry about on my end, then?

All I know about texturefx is that as long as you are using forge's methods, it should work. When sengir migrated forestry/buildcraft to forge's texture api he could finally fix the hd compass in forestry, but he couldn't get it working until then (and he tried a lot of things).

Okay, looks like FML added support for it. AFAICT, I should be able to just scale my array size to fit the input data. I'll try that for the build I send you; let me know if it works.

• ZexMaxwell001: Looks like it's gotten stuck in a loop when you tried to move items around. Best guess is that it's related to the phantom inventory slot used for setting the seed type. I'll keep an eye out for that when I do the official bukkit port.

I'm glad that my error log was able to help you debug it.

• How exactly does it cycle through the different patterns?
    Does it repeat a full cycle before switching?

Ok I got it, my question is can you make the animation scale similar to how optifine and mcpatcher does it with the size of the file (dimension wise)? You could make a different image for each variation (possibly make a unlimited number of variations unless its performance heavy to have more loaded w/ the way you do it) You can take the width of the image and use that to calculate how many frames there are in the image. at a very low res the animations look very good, at high res they feel jerky (it doesn't need to go faster, but just have more frames per variation).

Also I replied to your pm.

• Thanks, I can't wait yeah SMB done a good job but right now the seed storage one is throwing some server crashes when its used not sure how exactly.

ZexMaxwell001: Looks like it's gotten stuck in a loop when you tried to move items around. Best guess is that it's related to the phantom inventory slot used for setting the seed type. I'll keep an eye out for that when I do the official bukkit port.

This crash happens with you shift-click from your inventory into the Seed Library. Using smb's SeedManager-2.4-MCPC-r2.zip port, the server crashes immediately with an error:

Code
    2012-08-10 23:52:13 [SEVERE] java.lang.StackOverflowError
    2012-08-10 23:52:13 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.Container.a(Container.java:130)
    2012-08-10 23:52:13 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.Container.clickItem(Container.java:165)
    […]

Until this is fixed, here's a workaround to use in a Bukkit plugin to cancel the shift-click before Seed Manager gets to it:

• The Bukkit port of 2.4 has been updated to revision 3, resolving the issues of shift-clicking and the seed manager eating seeds in the filter slot.

• when i add this mod i get an id conflict with 29870 (seedbag) i guess this isn't intentional, right?

On the contrary, that is in fact expected behaviour, and is responsible for filling in the final line of the tooltip (the one Alblaka left out when he stole-with-permission my tooltip system). No action required, just let it stand.

• I am happy to report no problems launching with seed manager and .103, I do not know if it will work should i make a seed analyzer/library

• I am happy to report no problems launching with seed manager and .103, I do not know if it will work should i make a seed analyzer/library

I am back, and it would seem that while it works for the most part, there is something preventing the library and seed analyzer from working together to automatically process unknown seeds inside the library. I will do more testing and attempt to figure out if it is something i am doing wrong

• Do you connect the library to the analyzer and then it'll scan all the unidentified seeds from the library? I have yet to figure out how to add seeds to the library.

<edit> Sorry, I got it now! Put a lever on the library and had it placed next to the analyzer seems it automatically checks the seeds now :)

Great mod, should have been a part of IC2 by default.

• Is the dev going to update this for 1.3.2 and IC 1.106?

We love this add-on, and would really appreciate it being updated.

Thanks.

• Official Post

Warning: GregTech Intergalactical could integrate a Function into the GT-Computercube, which allows it to scan Seedbags automatically, especially if this isnt going to be updated.

P.S. It would take a while, as i also want to integrate a Nucleareactorplanner into it.