[Suggestion]: Electric Lighter/Fishing Rod

• These tools make a lot of sense to electrify, though the fishing rod is pushing it... But flint is an *entirely* nonrenewable resource as of version 1.81 without further mods.

And, surely a "lossless" mode on the mining laser is a reasonable request? Combat with it makes quite a few holes atm, unless you use the one-block setting, but at that point it is just better to use a stone sword! :P

• electric lighter: yes

electric fishing pole: no (think of a good story if you roleplay it well enough you can get away with any idea)

lossless laser: alblaka is already working on more weapons for industrial craft so this is unnecessary

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

E-Lighter: Good idea, so let Steve smoke a bit Tabacco.

E-Fishingpole: with a small motor to pull the Fish? Yes.

Lossless Mininglasermode: Maybe the already existing "low Focus"-Mode (extreme low range) for being lossless. Yes that too.

• OK, sounds reasonable, but a machine instead of a circuit in the crafting? Since it's apparently a motor in the crafting of the generator and quantum leggings.

But I have to ask... where is industrial conflict announced? I searched the forum and google, but can't find anywhere to to follow the development...

• Electric lighter sounds good.

as for the Electric Fishing Pole, there already is one in the Pending Addon's Forum, it allows you to catch like 4 fish at once and uses electricity. the recipie is a teslacoil, a magnatizer, a cicuit, and 2 string.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• if it is mentioned any where predictable it will be on the front page

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

as for the Electric Fishing Pole, there already is one in the Pending Addon's Forum, it allows you to catch like 4 fish at once and uses electricity. the recipie is a teslacoil, a magnatizer, a cicuit, and 2 string.

That must be the "Idiot kills himself with electric shocks causing Mosquitokillerlamp"-Method, announced by H. Simpson.

• That must be the "Idiot kills himself with electric shocks causing Mosquitokillerlamp"-Method, announced by H. Simpson.

lol, back before it was illegal in the USA me and my dad would take an old Telephone hand crank and electricute a pond, this would stun the fish or kill the ones really close to the electrical leads, we would then go in and use a net to scoop the fish off the surface.... we were to impatient to actually fish back then :D now we use that generator to softly electricute worms in the ground in a flowerbed to draw them to the surface, and then take those earthworms to go fishing :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• electric lighter? maybe.. butn no. more logical would be bio fuel lighter :D how you would imagine electricity to creat fire without gas or fuel source like lighters do? :D thats what i think what it should be. Lighter with fuels :) enough of electricity. its chance for fuels to come up for a while :D Whose with me?

• There is no really green tech in IC2, all use tin. IC2 is so inDUSTrial.
    All, we can make from biomass without metals is ... dirt :D
    P.S. RP2 adds a nice igniter.

• electric lighter? maybe.. butn no. more logical would be bio fuel lighter :D how you would imagine electricity to creat fire without gas or fuel source like lighters do? :D thats what i think what it should be. Lighter with fuels :) enough of electricity. its chance for fuels to come up for a while :D Whose with me?

Maybe a flamer kind of deal would use fuel, yeah, but flint/steel just makes a spark anyway! To make an electrical spark out of electricity is trivial, hehe. But crafting it with flint might not even be the best idea; since it uses a spark gap instead of friction, maybe something like this:

:Cable: ... :Cable:
    :Refined Iron: :RE Battery: :Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:

But then that is stupid expensive... oh well, this is INDUSTRIAL CRAFT, expensive stuff is what we do! 8) Maybe the part could be used in the construction of other stuff? Maybe a rifle, use the spark gap to ignite the powder... but no, that's going into weapons again :pinch:

• I agree that filling that lighter in the Canning machine with some Biofuel/CoalFuel/Coal Dust would make more sense... But then again you only need to make a "Spark" to ignite nearby things, not mantain the fire like a Flamethrower...

My point exactly! ^^

And... Suggestion accepted! YEAAAAAAHHH :thumbup:

Thanks, Alblaka, your commitment to listening to the fanbase is admirable :thumbup:

well they have Electrical ignition lighters where you push down on a button really hard and it shoots a tiny bolt of lightning to the gas outlet and that lights the flame. but why not use a battery to amplify that effect and just light some leaves with a tiny lightning bolt. OR you could have a tiny copper coil around a small battery similar to a car's Cigerette lighter. i have done this before once in real life with a small copper wire and a 9volt battery, it deffinately starts fires... or the battery explodes if you use to thick of a copper wire because it just drains the battery to quickly and it heats up, lol. but electirc lighters are very possible in real life :) Butane Lighters are just alot cheaper and are alittle more enviromental friendly.