[Suggestion] industrial pollution

• Or just make a brand new Biome for it, common remember that anvil patch making biome modifications feasible? Also Mycellium (Which allows Mushrooms to grow in daylight) != Pollution.

im thinking how much extra work do we want to put the devs threw. i still think a biome where the only form of life is mutated mushrooms = pollution(it also makes mooshrooms less magical) but if there was a new biome lets see how it could be done with out adding blocks
    im going to list off some posibilities nvm forgot what i was going to say
    1.nothing would grow naturally and no friendly mobs would spawn thats a given.
    (part where roommate starts oil fire be right back)crisis over before it started carry on

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• (Oil fire? Da fu)

Anyway, if you want real pollution you need to add some blocks of some sort, let the devs decide how much work they decide to do IF they even bothering doing it, this is the suggestion forum after all, not the "Ideas we will totally follow from the a to z without caring how much time we lose in this shit of idea or how much effort we have to apply to make it happen". (Point in case, i remember alblaka talking about how he simply ignores the recipes that people throw around like it was candy in most suggestion threads)

• so basically the only part of an idea a dev gives a damn about is where one says "a biome where if one enters they become temporally polluted and the blocks they stand on while polluted run a chance of becoming polluted as well"

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• You can create a three post tesis on the idea if you like, the devs may read it all, but that doesnt mean they will implement it EXACTLY how you described it.

well i get that the problem is usually with out details people seem more willing to swat down an idea

• well hold on, while that may seem logical, but maybe some variations of breeder reactor take advantage of the heat still being given off by the rods?

• well hold on, while that may seem logical, but maybe some variations of breeder reactor take advantage of the heat still being given off by the rods?

Quote from Wikipedia

If a material were still "Wanted or Useful" it would not be called a "waste" dont you think so?

• you obviously have never dealt with NUCLEAR waste before have you?

this stuff is called waste because it does not give off enough heat to efficiently create the steam that drives turbine generators
    actual nuclear waste is pretty hot, hot enough that it glows from heat, and if you were to touch it then you can say farewell to your hand there

• Ergo why its called WASTE, something useless and that nobody actually wants. You people get hung up on the weirdest things O.o

Probably because of the fact that people can see the resourcefulness of such things, and find uncommon applications for them...

See the slightly related topic of how waste can become fuel for power ...

But I doubt the devs will lean toward implementing a biome altering feature just yet. Would like to point out, though, that the new Thaumcraft 2 has a similar feature with "Taint " as a form of 'magical pollution', which proves that such features can be integrated into the mod if it were decided to do so...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Probably because of the fact that people can see the resourcefulness of such things, and find uncommon applications for them...

See the slightly related topic of how waste can become fuel for power ...

But I doubt the devs will lean toward implementing a biome altering feature just yet. Would like to point out, though, that the new Thaumcraft 2 has a similar feature with "Taint " as a form of 'magical pollution', which proves that such features can be integrated into the mod if it were decided to do so...

A lot of things can be implemented in minecraft, its just a matter of creativity, time and the right hooks in forge. (Maybe im missing a few things but thats the important ones)

• ok so reading all of this gave me an interesting idea that might be accetable in my opinion. i'll summarize it first

effects of implimentation:
    remove Mushroom Terraformer and cause High Output Reactors (1,000eu/t) to cause Radiation type Polution.

Reasoning:
    Mooshrooms are a mutation and abomination of nature, have the "radiation" in the area cause mushrooms to overgrow and be like a parasite to cows, since once you shear the mooshroom of the mushrooms it turns into a normal cow anyway, makes sence that way too. also have the effected area turn all Grass Blocks into Mycellium, this would simulate "dead" hazardous grass that grows regular mushrooms into giant mushrooms as though they are saplings. also have the effected area turn water a shade of green as Uranium Enriched water. this water could be used in compressers to create a Uranium Nugget, 9 uranium nuggets = 1 uranium ore. since high output reactors typically require them to be CASUC reactors then a significant amount of energy is waisted on creating Ice from Water. this UE Water would be a way to reclaim alittle bit of that lost energy once the CASUC Reactor started mutating the enviroment around it. keep in mind this the would take a significant amount of time for the polution to randomly turn 9 blocks of source water in the area into UE Water. also mave Trees in the area slowing start turning into Red Musrhooms, so you could grow a huge jungle Sapling (4 saplings together) and then it's turn into a giant muchroom resembling the general shape of a ToadStool Mushroom.

i feel this is a reasonable balancing method for the implimentation of this mod. also placing 5 think of walls around the reactor would contain the polution, so you could put it deep underground or inside a mountain and have the radiation contained from the radioactive waste like they do IRL.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Seems laggy, but fun. A way for people to farm Uranium, but with great precautions. Alblaka will not allow it.

• Pretty much, reworking the poor mushroom biome was bad enough adding a way to "Farm" uranium killed the idea.

The idea its to only add drawbacks not beneficts of any kind.

well for the most part depenting on what you're looking for it is a drawback, but also making this the only way to create a mushroom biome would be a good modivation movement to get people to tamper in Nuclear Engineering, also the mushroom terraformer is still a bit wild and chaotic if you ask me, such as making mushrooms chage to dirt and mushrooms growing ontop of other mushrooms creating a sparactic growing of mycelium/dirt/mushroom jungles that get out of control. i'd say remove it or alter it to simply grow mushrooms that you place, change Logs to Mushroom Stalks, and leaves to Mushroom Caps, and Grass to Mycellium, Water to UE Water. while keeping in mind that causing UE Water is still not an indeffinate renewable resource since you have to use several Uranium Cells to start converting water to UE Water in the first place, it just gives a CASUC Reactor alittle more longevity since they are so hazardous to work with and operate in the first place. a plain reactor is safe, efficient and generally worry free. a CASUC Reactor is alot more hazardous, takes longer to set up, but produces alittle more UE's this is basically like creating a higher Tier is Nuclear Generation for the skilled and advanced Nuclear Technician such as Rich to get minor profits for spending so much fricken time working on and attempting to master the art of Nuclear Generation Methods.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• the problem with your machines causing pollution is it opens the door for a new form of greifing (pollution machine under victims micromanaged ic2 farm)

so here is an idea for a dedicated pollution biome. the main part of the idea is all stone is in a constant state of slow decay inside the biome smooth stone will eventually turn in to cobble and cobble will eventually turn in the gravel (stone bricks stop at the cracked stone bricks stage) gravel is also the biomes main soil block the only life that would could be found naturally occurring is vines, villages(the biome would be relatively flat like plains or desert)(the village also increases the zombie spawn rate), and hostile mobs. the biome would also generate structures in the form of industrial ruins made out of construction foam these ruins would have been picked clean for the most part you would be lucky to salvage a few luminators or some scraps of wire, a few blocks of reinforced stone from a blown out reactor housing, maybe a machine block or an iron furnace if alblaka smiles upon you. the biome would also have a unique danger when your in the biome with out a complete rubber suit(or quantum suit) you gain the polluted status effect(like regenerate or hunger) what this does is stone that you stand on will decay more rapidly and the effect lasts for some time after leaving the biome (or putting a suit on) causing you in a limited sense spread the pollution. also just for kicks pigs that wonder into the biome turn into zombie pigmen.
    downsides: more hostiles, less food, looks plain ugly, ground could give way at any time especially if your not wearing a suit, could damage surrounding biomes if you are careless
    upsides: salvage(but more effort to find than its worth), pre-built creeper proof home for you to fix up and live in, roleplaying, unlimited source of cracked stone bricks

EDIT:and how about cows and chickens drop rotten flesh in this biome as well

• The idea its a man made Biome as a consequence of using too many polluting machines (The more machines of these kind you use, the more pollution), pollution can be avoided by not building too many of these or simply placing these far away from your main base. Kinda like the Taint its working in thaumcraft, too much and it becomes a shithole, too little and you barely notice it.

• the problem with your machines causing pollution is it opens the door for a new form of greifing (pollution machine under victims micromanaged ic2 farm)

I'm not sure thats griefing as much as it is an act of war- a really brilliant act of war too. I would love to see that- invest some time and coal to dig beneath your foe's base and set up some engines to pollute and kill off their farms. Hardcore, if you ask me. Pollution is a good idea, but seems terribly difficult to implement. Not only would you need to set up biome code, but the ability to turn one biome into another. One cool aspect about this would be that the terraformer could reverse this, once you reach that level of tech.