Suggestion: Able to compress Redstone for storage and utility

• it would be nice to be able to Craft or Compress redstone into blocks. if you want it to be industrial then 8 redstone dust in a compressor could make 1 Redtstone Block. or you could make it simple in a crafting box so that 9 redstone dust = 1 redstone block that can be easily pulled apart as needed. if you require it to go through a compressor then make it only breakable by placing and breaking it apart for 5-8 Redstone dust or macerate it for a garunteed 8.

these Redstone Blocks should also be able to be placed resulting in a few functions, heres a list!

1: when stepped on causes the block to light up just like Redstone Ore blocks.
    2: can accept and redstone current from anyside and send restone signals out in every direction when powered by a restone current, this would work like an instant Repeater that can go in all directions, not just the outlet, the only way to turn if off is remove all On signals (this would basically become a temporary redstone torch since it would stay on at all times.
    3: this should be controlable using pistons. this could be used to bridge gaps in redstone wires to active specific signal wires along the same redstone network.
    4: would act as a very usefull storage block and would have the same texture as the Redstone Dust in your inventory. mainly red with occassional black dots.

edit: i would greatly appriciate this to be added since IC2 requires so much redstone dust and i'm sick of it taking up several chests in my house.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I agree with making it a block, and logics, but no need to use macerator/compressor.

RRR
    RER = Redstone block (it can be turned back into 8 dusts only by crafting)
    RRR

R = redstone dust
    E = Empty

very well, Simply Compression method of Everything else. now should we only use 8 in a circle or stick with the general "fill in the whole 3 by 3 grid" method? presonally i prefer 8 becuase you can make and break stacks evenly.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• 3*3 non holed storage block better. Craftable 9<->1.
    This block needed, but should it be in IC2?
    As to behavior, it seems it should be big RS wire:
    - take RS signal from RS dust and torch;
    - not sure should it be solid to hold RS torch;
    - conduct RS signal to adjacent RS dust (not blocks) in all directions;
    - become bright and emit light according to RS level 0-15;
    - become active if movement detected (hit, stepped, item dropped, liquid flow touch any side) if possible.

• apart from the 9<->1 and the last thing you said, were all the exact same stuff i did just in a different way. but yes, have the Redstone blocks activated when touched, not just stepped on. stepped on was just the most common. i've wanted "step on light up" block since MC Alpha. i wanted to make a floor out of Redstone Ores in my house just to run across.

• Official Post

apart from the 9<->1 and the last thing you said, were all the exact same stuff i did just in a different way. but yes, have the Redstone blocks activated when touched, not just stepped on. stepped on was just the most common. i've wanted "step on light up" block since MC Alpha. i wanted to make a floor out of Redstone Ores in my house just to run across.

Would be cool if redstone block permanently send a light level of 8 and when stepped a light level of 15. so your house wont spawn mobs (if your floor is made of it) and will light up when you get in

• Would be cool if redstone block permanently send a light level of 8 and when stepped a light level of 15. so your house wont spawn mobs (if your floor is made of it) and will light up when you get in

that indeed would be awesome and the best idea ever, and maybe have it so if a redstone current is directly applied to it then it also activates to light level 15?. you could use it like that as a "dimmer" for some rooms in the house :D and then apply current to turn the lights all the way up :D

• apart from the 9<->1 and the last thing you said, were all the exact same stuff i did just in a different way. but yes, have the Redstone blocks activated when touched, not just stepped on. stepped on was just the most common. i've wanted "step on light up" block since MC Alpha. i wanted to make a floor out of Redstone Ores in my house just to run across.

RS dust changes it's appearance from bright to dim in 16 steps iirc. So let this block. You can make it vary light level by changing length of RS dust before it.

Would be cool if redstone block permanently send a light level of 8 and when stepped a light level of 15. so your house wont spawn mobs (if your floor is made of it) and will light up when you get in

No. Make level 8 from another source, from the ceiling for example. Also Mobs should not be spawned on this block as on a Glass.

• Official Post

Redstone block shoud emit low light (4-5) and be solid, this will allow players to add some light into mobfarms without disturbing mobspawn.

redstone torches don't stop mob from spawning (light level 7)

So redblock emits light of 7 and it is glass (mobs won't spawn over it)

• IC might not have compact storage for many blocks, but forestry does.

i suggest you download / install forestry and use the carpenter to compres them (stores them in crates) which hold 9 of ea resource. and reclaimed by right clicking or crafting them..

i dont see the need.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Needs:
    1. There is no storage block for RS Dust if you do not install Forestry;
    2. There is no block, which lights under steps, except magically obtained RS roe block;
    3. There is no block to emit any light level, controllable by signal;
    4. There is no simple way to detect liquid flow.
    Not enough?

• Needs:
    1. There is no storage block for RS Dust if you do not install Forestry;
    2. There is no block, which lights under steps, except magically obtained RS roe block;
    3. There is no block to emit any light level, controllable by signal;
    4. There is no simple way to detect liquid flow.
    Not enough?

1. if one mod doesnt cut it for you, you dont need to alter the mod to make ik suitable for you. just get another that suplies your needs.
    2. true, but i realy dont see the need for this "magically enlightening block" which is similar to redstone ore.
    3. no block to emit any light level controlable by signal? luminater pops up...RP lamps...
    4. no simple way to detect liquid flow? come on... what does that have to do with industrial craft? (not the best argument ever trolol)

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• 1. if one mod doesnt cut it for you, you dont need to alter the mod to make ik suitable for you. just get another that suplies your needs.
    2. true, but i realy dont see the need for this "magically enlightening block" which is similar to redstone ore.
    3. no block to emit any light level controlable by signal? luminater pops up...RP lamps...
    4. no simple way to detect liquid flow? come on... what does that have to do with industrial craft? (not the best argument ever trolol)

1.&4. That's why I doubt IC2 will add it.
    2. People always wanted lighted floor, but to use RS ore for this is not good.
    3. Luminator and others has on/off states only. RS Dust has 16 states, let RS Block able to emit 16 levels of light according to it. It can always be downscaled for RP wires.

• What are you mean?

reading this results me with 2 posible answers.

What do you mean?
    or
    You are mean.

which one was it? :P