suggession - Advanced and large machines and generators.

• So, how is an idea? 6

1. It is great! I like it! (3) 50%
    2. Not bad. (2) 33%
    3. No, i don't like the idea. (1) 17%
    4. Don't waste time! (0) 0%

Hi everybody, i have an idea- why the nuclear reactor is the only machine which can be made with more than 1 block placed? When i had seen it for the 1st time i liked the idea of having 1 base block and some "optional" blocks. So, here is my idea- make some complex machines and generators, such as- geothermal 3x3x1 generator which is rather expensive to craft, but can be placed rigtht onto lava, and will need water (buscets/cells/BuildCraft water pipes) to produce energy, or such as hydroturbine 3x3x3 gen.

• I meant large mid-game machines, which will be more effective than single-block generators, working just as Railcraft's Coke Oven - 26 (just for example!) blocks unite into 1 machine.

• I meant large mid-game machines, which will be more effective than single-block generators, working just as Railcraft's Coke Oven - 26 (just for example!) blocks unite into 1 machine.

Then Nope. Mid game machines already have their role pretty well defined.

• To be completely honest, FenixR does have a valid point, but I don't see a reason why multi-block machines wouldn't be included, but only if we can find a reason to have them in the first place.

And the adding iridium "upgrades" to low tier machines to bring them up to end game does sound interesting.

• Let's add unneeded complexity to everything in the entire mod so that no one would ever want to play it!

OVER COMPLEXIFY THE EVERYTHING!

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Let's add unneeded complexity to everything in the entire mod so that no one would ever want to play it!

Thats why i didnt want these blocks to make a Low Tier machine into a Mid Tier machine.

I wanted something to make Low/Mid Tier machines Straight into ENDGAME tier potential (But with a lot of complexity).

Totally optional and doesn't require a moronic config file :D

I also play dwarf fortress so... I LIKE COMPLEX! WAHOOO! LETS DO IT!

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

Complex machines? You've never installed Redpower or BC together with IC².

With these Mods you can make extreme complex customized Machines which are producing stuff automatically, so its not needed to make GIANT-HUGE-MEGA-MACHINES like you described.

Oh and welcome to the Forum.

• Complex machines? You've never installed Redpower or BC together with IC².

With these Mods you can make extreme complex customized Machines which are producing stuff automatically, so its not needed to make GIANT-HUGE-MEGA-MACHINES like you described.

That may be true. But I find it kind of strange that most part of these machines are cables, redwires, tubes/pipes instead of the actual machines that do the work.

I would love some kind of huge generators or processing machines. How it is now it's ok for a workshop where you got your set of little helping blocks that grind up your ore or cook your beef ... but do you put 10 electric kitchen furnaces into a factory or one big one?

• someone had already suggested this about 2 weeks ago. they have anything from attachable Hoppers to input materials, to automated stoarge bins, and waste catchers that gave additional materials like macerating ores would also yield sand or cobble as waste, and geothermals would yield cobble and sometimes obsidian. personally i think that was a better idea, specially with the current upgrades. just think about having a Macerator with 10 overclockers in it with a Large chest attached for ores, another large check for finished materials, a waist bin collecting extra cobble and sand to put into a recycler, or even a recycler on the bottom of it to recycle the cobblestone you get from the ores. currently we could even have all this already set up. it would just require alittle extra coding. like having a personal chest on the left allows it to macerate good from that chest. when it completes a process it would spit items into a person chest to the right. and if you put a recycler under the macerater then it have a 50% chance of a cobble appearing in it once a macerator completes a process. and there you have it. :)

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG