suggestion/discussion - Improvement(s) to nuclear reactor components/geothermal Generator

• i think alblaka wont do any thing to nuclear reactor any more, its good as it is now. But in my oppinion one thing i dont like... ...is explosion. Its small :D i want bigger like give it +50 megatons more ;D oh yea :D

• The reactor is really difficult to build... making a 4 uranium setup is the most difficult thing that i have to project in Minecraft (i have to start a breeder soon >.>) and i made it only with some help from the forum with the reactor planner AND the examples...
    This "SHIT! is incredibly difficult! it blow up again! i'll never use this anymore!" thing is really common i think... so why make it a little user friendly adding some example?

IMHO we must add directly in the wiki some simple reactor example, like some "ready-to-use accettable-efficient kinda-secure setup"... in this way lazy people can use the reactor even if they don't want the ULTRA EFFICIENT AWESOME CASUC making a good amount of power for a reasonable cost... the personal experiments are anyway advised. :D

This should send away the "explosion" scary fog around the reactor, letting us hope to implements something better for this awesome machine...
    "is just too difficult to use as it is" is an excuse in my opinion...

• how much time takes to fully charge depleted isotop cell? Because in my test world i placed few depleted isotop cells and it didnt even tuck a minute to make them into those nearly full isotop cells.
    Btw i was using NEI and stuff like that.

• it takes 5000 pulses. every adjecent uranium cell pulse once per second. but only when is reactor have 9000+ heat. 0-3000 only 1/8 pulses enchrich cell, 3000-6000 every 1/4 and 6000-9000 1/2 pulses.

IMHO only one part of reactors need rebalance. and that is breeding as it is too much micro managment keep reactor heated at 9000+. i mean we need a way to just start reactor and leave it run full cycle. otherwise it is too much hasle.

• add turbine component into reactor and make
    uranium-coolant-turbine chain
    and everything fine, reactor 100% realistic.

uran heat coolant cells, coolant cells transfer steam to turbines, turbines generate EU

• While I don't have anything to add to the idea itself (personally I think reactors are fine as they are), I will thank you for inspiring my next crazy build - "safely" maintain a reactor at the lava generating stage to feed geo-gens!

Quick wiki-check, "85% Blocks within a 5x5x5 cube have a chance of burning or turning into lava ('moving' lava only, no source blocks)."

Bollocks.

• add turbine component into reactor and make
    uranium-coolant-turbine chain
    and everything fine, reactor 100% realistic.

uran heat coolant cells, coolant cells transfer steam to turbines, turbines generate EU

Everything is already fine in the current reactor setup, where the turbine is implied to be integrated into the reactor block itself. This in fact is more realistic than having a separate turbine component, because while uranium and coolant need to be cycled in reactors, the turbine effectively doesn't need replacing.

Bottom line, no need to add a new item to do something that we can already do without it. Reactors are already complicated enough without adding a (completely unnecessary) additional factor.

• The reactor is really difficult to build... making a 4 uranium setup is the most difficult thing that i have to project in Minecraft (i have to start a breeder soon >.>) and i made it only with some help from the forum with the reactor planner AND the examples...
    This "SHIT! is incredibly difficult! it blow up again! i'll never use this anymore!" thing is really common i think... so why make it a little user friendly adding some example?

IMHO we must add directly in the wiki some simple reactor example, like some "ready-to-use accettable-efficient kinda-secure setup"... in this way lazy people can use the reactor even if they don't want the ULTRA EFFICIENT AWESOME CASUC making a good amount of power for a reasonable cost... the personal experiments are anyway advised. :D

This should send away the "explosion" scary fog around the reactor, letting us hope to implements something better for this awesome machine...
    "is just too difficult to use as it is" is an excuse in my opinion...

Reactors are so easy to make i suggest you read this:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2963

Its just that nubs that just do something without thinking end up with a crater in their world. I think thats fair. In other games you pretty much get the same result.

• Reactors are so easy to make i suggest you read this:
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=2963

Its just that nubs that just do something without thinking end up with a crater in their world. I think thats fair. In other games you pretty much get the same result.

I know that thread... and this is exactly the reason that i can't explain myself why the people continuing to say that is impossible to change "that inasanely difficult machine"...
    Make a custom setup is really difficult, it's correct, nothing to argue, but following examples like that will make all the thing way so easy...
    So, this idea good or not apart, where is the problem to try to change the reactor system if it could be better than it actually is?
    The variety is a good thing i think... under a careful analisis of the developers, evolving the nuclear reactor isn't such a mess...

• just an small thought here, but isnt an reactor supposed to be dificult? its the end game for crying out loud.

if you want an 100% safe no boomer, set explosion strength to 0...

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Hmm, perfect for testing CASUC-Coolantsystems and other Setups. I totally forgot about that.

youre welcome ;) but since i like the high risk. i put explosion strength to 80, :D makes it more of an chalenge

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

youre welcome ;) but since i like the high risk. i put explosion strength to 80, :D makes it more of an chalenge

I ment if i play Creative (NEI) on Superflat to test my newer Coolantsystems, because i dont want to rebuild them or to build a Bedrockwall around the Reactor. I already blew up two Waterbucket-CASUCs because of a "chunkreload-causes-reactor-to-heat-up-even-if-redstone-shuts-it-OFF"-bug.

• just an small thought here, but isnt an reactor supposed to be dificult? its the end game for crying out loud.

if you want an 100% safe no boomer, set explosion strength to 0...

The nuclear reactors are not the "end game for crying out loud"!
    First, i see at it as a MID game mass energy productor (i use to craft it BEFORE MSFU), it's a good instrument, nothing more, nothing less.
    Second, if u are even a little smart constuctor, after a few tests, the difficult vanishes ad u start to rule good and secure MARK 2 (or even MARK 3) setup reactors as you want, with no difficult at all to manage and series production (CASUC are another story by the way)... so i don't need at all to set explosion stregth to 0
    Third, the main limitation of the nuclear reactor is that it have only 3 tipe of control block (1 nearly useless, :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: >> :Intergrated Plating: ) force us to make best reactors similar in configuration and components.

• Adding component with different behavior based on current heat would improve difficulty and planing. But not consumable like ice/lava/water.

• The nuclear reactors are not the "end game for crying out loud"!
    First, i see at it as a MID game mass energy productor (i use to craft it BEFORE MSFU), it's a good instrument, nothing more, nothing less.
    Second, if u are even a little smart constuctor, after a few tests, the difficult vanishes ad u start to rule good and secure MARK 2 (or even MARK 3) setup reactors as you want, with no difficult at all to manage and series production (CASUC are another story by the way)... so i don't need at all to set explosion stregth to 0
    Third, the main limitation of the nuclear reactor is that it have only 3 tipe of control block (1 nearly useless, :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: >> :Intergrated Plating: ) force us to make best reactors similar in configuration and components.

wel, dont start what you cant finish, what advanced way of energy production is there after an nuclear gen hmm?
    if you see it as "mid game" what do you see as end game? solar pannels? pffrt.

CASUCS are easy to make, mark 1 2 3 4 5 all easy to manage if you know redpower. or just babysit it if u dont know. even breeders, hell i go for CASUC all the way. neutral CASUC breeders are also easy to make. just do your homework and you wont end up with an crater.

• Nuclear reactor its the end game actually for the fact that its the last generator one is able to be made. Also the fact that you can produce EV+ with it, its the only generator that can do it.

Ergo, the best of the best for power generation.

thx for backing me up on this ;) 8)

• Nuclear reactor its the end game actually for the fact that its the last generator one is able to be made. Also the fact that you can produce EV+ with it, its the only generator that can do it.

Ergo, the best of the best for power generation.

and if its not enough. imagine to have 2 EV reactors :D