[Suggestion] Ceramics

• Yup, a new material. Made with clay or clay and sand then baked in a kiln (or electrofurnace) to produce ceramic wafers. Perhaps it could also be cut to shape with a diamond tool of some sort, but useful in building specialized breeder reactors and components within them since ceramics are known to withstand immense amounts of heat. Ceramics are also nice for decorations, making mugs for drinking, etc. Stone mugs are nice, but ceramics can be painted with kittens and crap like that. And dyed, so your favorite coffee concoction can be enjoyed in a blue mug. Ceramics also make excellent tools for cutting, not so much for mining, but can be employed as a medium to hold cutting or grinding implements.
    Ceramics are also excellent insulators for electrical purposes and are irreplacable in high powered circuits and switches as well as capacitor housings.

Ah yes, capacitors. Batteries from hell. That was the other suggestion. Still working on implementation of that, but ceramics would help regardless.

• u oh.... help!!
    "grabs sunglasses"

"some sounds of almighty crashes on the background followed by cry's of extreme frustration"
    "followed up by an almighty bang and the sounds of an raging fire"
    "drops to the floor with his heart raging"

nothing to see here... please proceed.

wel, time to get serious. but no, dont like it, im sure most wil agree. but maybe an addon. MAYBE.
    i dont see it getting implemented to IC2 core... for obvious reasoning.

its an technical mod, not an decoration mod xd, and realy... Battery's from hell? im sure as hell that new battery's have been denied before.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Decoration
    Electric circuits
    Tools (like drills and cutting tools possibly faster than diamond tools or more efficient?)
    Armor
    High resistance against high temparatures (maybe tier 2 nuclear reactor components?)
    Superconducting
    Heat exchanger

There prolly more uses than the ones i listed above.

• Official Post

Hmm i have only:

- replacing Stonemug
    - Compositearmor
    - Usage in Circuits
    - Decoration?

Thats all i'm thinking of

The Mug should be created using Clay and then smelt it in the Furnace to get a Cup to fill Coffee/Booze in. and booze shoulf be filled in Glassbottles or Glasses

Edit: Ricks Ideas are good too (dont want to risk nuclear War with him)

• Funny how my ides sort of got promoted to someone else's ideas, but here's a list that I had in mind:

Ceramic or ceramic/composite housing for specialized breeder-only reactors. The heat resistance is a must.
    The mugs (dyeable)
    Capacitors for perimeter defense and perhaps other uses. Not a viable battery solution.
    tool medium, mixed with diamons or obsidian for grinding/mining heads usable with miner to perhaps expand the area of effect (3x3 with head, lowers friction and wear)
    Armor plating for a low-cost armor solution for those who aren't up to building nano or quantum armors
    False teeth for people with too much radiation exposure
    Heat buffer for those who like to run Mk V reactors and don't care to run the risk of lavafying the area
    Hull reinforcement plating to mitigate heat damage and to offset ambient radiation in the case of high reactor output
    A paintable building material
    Etching tools to allow "personalization" of tools and belongings, such as chests and armors
    A medium for specialized switches and circuits to enhance the power grid already in place
    A medium for detectors and/or monitors to read outputs of generator power and reactor heat
    Plant "containers" that would help reduce corruption from weeds and any other destructive problems with the plant breeding system
    Insulation for wiring to make bundling or cables possible
    Flechettes in a crowd-control explosive or tripmine for those damned creepers
    Thin sheets as a medium for "photography" or etching of circuit paths

I'm sure there are many more applications. I'm very sleepy right now but I'll ponder further when lucidity allows.

• Give me a valid set of useful reasons for implementing Ceramics and I will consider it.

the stuff everyone else said that i like
    ceramic coffee mug (seems to be popular)(stone mug can stay but add a way to chill it to give booze an additional boost cold rocks is where the term "on the rocks" came from after all)
    electronics (didn't you say at one point you were going to replace something in the circuit recipe with silicon?)
    armor (im thinking an armor with low durability but massive damage reduction)
    potted plants (drain their water and nutrients fast and they get no bonus from biomes but they do not spread weeds and can be picked up and carried in a inventory)
    more reactor components
    capacitors (but not like RL they store large amounts of power but the power dissipates if it goes unused)
    superconductors (if the means was added to make it cold enough)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• most bullet resistant ceramic vests only stop a few bullets ("dragon scale" armor being the exception) cause while the armor stops the bullet it shatters in the process. how would ceramic tools be different from other earthen materials like stone or diamond tools?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• I agree with you, but I think clay dust should be smelt in a "High Temperature Furnace" , what make it harder to obtain Ceramic Ingot, and it could be an ingredient for Tier IV technology, like Supraconductor.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• alternate recipe for personal chest just like RL safes

• most bullet resistant ceramic vests only stop a few bullets ("dragon scale" armor being the exception) cause while the armor stops the bullet it shatters in the process. how would ceramic tools be different from other earthen materials like stone or diamond tools?

Well in minecraft we dont have bullets and i doubt arrows from a simple bow will penetrate it. We dont have to be that realistic anyway its minecraft the current composite vest protects you from creepers. Also this would just replace some components of the composite vest which seems realistic to me.

Ceramic materials can be very strong but they tend to be brittle (meaning that if you apply more force than it can handle it will break pretty much instant). But brittle has nothing to do with the actual force it can handle. Its just that ceramics dont want to bend instead they break. So as long as you wont throw your ceramic knife on another hard object it wont break and it will actualy have a longer lifespan than normal knife's.

• Like i always said in thread that wants to add new materials (And Al says so, at least half of it), "If you want it to be valid suggestion, you must provide a clear list of applications to it that isn't 100% full of replacement for already existent recipes. Because why bother adding new materials if the one we have right now works just as well?"

• Consider the electro-furnace. We already had furnaces, but they were improved. Not everything in the lists is a replacement, when in fact few of them are. Additional choice is never a bad thing, and considering the applications that have been outlined, many of them couldn't feasibly work without a new material. Besides, ceramics have been around for centuries wholly due to the versatility and sheer utility of them. If you are so predisposed to dismiss this simply because the applications of the material are similar to what already exists, then 99% of all mods written are, for the sake of this argument, useless.
    Personally, I like variety and choice.

• Like i always said in thread that wants to add new materials (And Al says so, at least half of it), "If you want it to be valid suggestion, you must provide a clear list of applications to it that isn't 100% full of replacement for already existent recipes. Because why bother adding new materials if the one we have right now works just as well?"

1. potted plant takes up a 1x2 space like a door and needs more hydration cells and fertilizer to keep it going but it can be picked up and stored in an inventory and when that happens the plant enters suspended animation using the same tech that lets a wooden tree tap stop a wooden booze barrel from fermenting. also is completely biome neutral it will grow just as well in a desert as a swamp craft like a bucket
    2. ceramic coffee mug comes in a variety of colors and gives a boost to coffee buffs when you drink coffee out of it (its mental steve thinks its better cause he is using the right mug) craft like a mug
    3. capacitor cheap power storage block it will store a lot per cost but the power will dissipate if left unused. craft cables on top row ceramics in the middle row and more cables on the bottom row. also have a special version that can output all its power as one big packet(for capacitor bank/superconductor combo creations of awesomeness)
    4. MORE REACTOR COMPONENTS MORE!
    5. super conductors flank super conducting cable with ice blocks and the cable will gain unlimited packet size at 0 loss until the conductor melts the ice. discuss adding liquid nitrogen later
    how long does the list have to be?

• Honestly I was picturing the electromagnet coupled with a capacitor and an iron plate to act as a "piston" with a range of up to 32 blocks. Would certainly make for some amazing hidden stairways and critter traps.