2000 EU/t Reactor

• Official Post

what version of RP2/IC2 are u using? coz in my case, i can't seem to connect the pneumatic tubes to reactor chamber (using technic pack build 6.0.7) for minecraft 1.1. i can only do the 5-chamber version. is there any way to unlock the 6th chamber?

Just update to 1.2.5

All relevant Mods except Computercraft are out for it.

• what version of RP2/IC2 are u using? coz in my case, i can't seem to connect the pneumatic tubes to reactor chamber (using technic pack build 6.0.7) for minecraft 1.1. i can only do the 5-chamber version. is there any way to unlock the 6th chamber?

sure, step 1: get rid of technic
    2: install the 1.2.5 versions of the mods you want yourself
    3: use 6 chambers.

• thanks for the reply guys, i'll try it soon after I've finished installing mods on my 1.2.5 client.

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be more energy efficient to transmit the EV current directly and convert to HV/MV/LV closer to the compressors?

Also, how does the snow farm work?

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be more energy efficient to transmit the EV current directly and convert to HV/MV/LV closer to the compressors?

Also, how does the snow farm work?

nope. 4x cabling loses 1 EU/t for every block. Glass fiber loses 1 every 39 or 40 blocks (I forget the exact number, I usually stop at 38 to be sure)
    so if one wants no loses than you use 1 4x cable and then a HV transformer and glass fiber from there.

• I thought glass fiber could take high voltage though? Or is it just because its outputting so much EU its not even funny that it will explode the glass fiber?

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Quite a nice setup, personally I wouldn't rely on that mass cooling system, provide through compressors, pumps, and redpower pipes. However, I got a much smaller setup capable of infinite cycle also 2000Eu/t. Mines use buildcraft pipes, engines, auto craft table, and the beauty of equivalent exchange. Still i would really like to know how did you control the amount of ice generated by the cooling system, i hate redpower just because thats the really hard bit, always overflow or ka-boom. Mind sharing some ideas?

the entire setup

the proof

• Quite a nice setup, personally I wouldn't rely on that mass cooling system, provide through compressors, pumps, and redpower pipes. However, I got a much smaller setup capable of infinite cycle also 2000Eu/t. Mines use buildcraft pipes, engines, auto craft table, and the beauty of equivalent exchange. Still i would really like to know how did you control the amount of ice generated by the cooling system, i hate redpower just because thats the really hard bit, always overflow or ka-boom. Mind sharing some ideas?

Just put some recyclers to scrap the extra ice, your going to need the scrap anyway for the mass fabricator.
    With EE you can just place collector->condenser->filter(pulling out whole stacks of ice)->pneumatic tube->reactor. This way the condenser won't produce excess ice. The timer which runs the filter should be at 9,6 as that is quite precisely the amount of ice that the reactor consumes.

• Many say EE is cheating, i can relate to that, however it sometimes gives you just the feeling you were looking for, LIKE A BOSS!

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• Well, I would admit that using EE does seem to be cheating , however in a pinch this mod does have its advantage. For example: is it possible that someone could build a cooling system for such a monstrous reactor, purely on IC2 and RP on such a compat scale as my setup. That wouldn't really been possible except some advance moder messing with the mod Itself. So yeah as the guy on the previous post said this is BOSS. Plus I figure that using reactor thermal monitoring mod with wireless red stone, it is possible to control the cooling system so that it spew only the amount of coolant needed for the system, with no calculation on ice or heat per tick whatsoever!

• No.

Stop using Technic pack and use a newer version of IC2 and you'll be able to do a 6 chamber setup.

I'm currently building a 6 chamber design that does 2070 EU/T, ice cooled (7 ice a second). The ice is manufactured using a two snowman, 12 block breaker per snowman snow collection setup. It produces an absolutely insane amount of snowballs. I have those feeding into a large collection of singularity compressors to make ice. Total energy usage, with overclockers, is under 500 EU/T. The system makes close to 64 ice a second.

• Stop using Technic pack and use a newer version of IC2 and you'll be able to do a 6 chamber setup.

I'm currently building a 6 chamber design that does 2070 EU/T, ice cooled (7 ice a second). The ice is manufactured using a two snowman, 12 block breaker per snowman snow collection setup. It produces an absolutely insane amount of snowballs. I have those feeding into a large collection of singularity compressors to make ice. Total energy usage, with overclockers, is under 500 EU/T. The system makes close to 64 ice a second.

I've already dispatched technic pack long time ago :). I tried trial and error method when installing mods. Currently, there are 50 mods installed in my minecraft folder.

• Really, what is the point of using CASUC reactor when your overall efficiency is lower than 90%. I mean "total energy use is under 500eu/t", i used generous calculation, assuming the constant or average of Eu/t used by the cooling is 250 eu/t and your output 2070eu/t, you would be running on 88% efficient. Not very ideal, try bringing that up to 90% at least, my reactor uses buildcraft cooling method and the entire cooling system uses only 135 eu/t on average in a reactor cycle (10000s).