Problem: IC2 instructions completely unlinked. Wiki needs to die in a fire.

• Very helpful, spraying "he's a noob" all over the forum. I'm glad we have people like you to represent this community.

It is implied in that poorly written wiki that the mod is for 1.2.5. It needs to be corrected. The entire thing does.

It does?Becouse i can't find it...

• Hey, opinion is opinion. The reason I hate all the HAYOs isn't because it sounds dumb, but because instead of putting actual information about an item in the wiki, the author wrote an 'advertisement' for it which does not serve to help anyone. What the f*** is the point of that?

Well yes, it's called flavour text, and it's harmless. It'd make more sense if you've ever played 'Monday Night Combat', and is Alblakas' choice to use it. Generally, the actual useful description and info is further down the page, but in some cases it IS a bit confusing.

I'm considering spending a fair bit of time in the near future learning how to edit the wiki, and if Alblaka/RichardG and whoever else agrees, I'm more than happy to re-write the articles and info to be more up-to-date. As part of the updates, I'll condense the flavour bumf into an 'intro' section on each page.

GENERATION SIGMA-A44: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 4(N+3/2 - X) to the generation.

Anti-Social experiment.

• This is the page for the BatPack

http://wiki.industrial-craft.net/index.php?title=Batpack

Does anyone remember the old version of the page? With the picture of batman? I think the wiki could stand to -all- be raised to this new easy-to-understand format. Unlike this:

http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…itle=Chainsaw_(Uncharged)

Yes, I played MNC since it's XBL beta. I don't see how the theme has anything to do with a minecraft mod about machinery. Sorry.

Running my own server, people ask me all the time where to get things like specific parts and things mentioned in the "advertisements" and I am so sick of explaining: "no, those things don't actually exsist, the author just wanted to be funny and make s***t up."

• I agree. The whole purpose of a wiki is to disseminate information, and when the person writing it does so in a manner that confuses and potentially misinforms people new to the mod (or to MC mods altogether), they have failed completely.

That said, I don't mind the flavor text so much, so long as the actual content is easy to understand. Even though HAYO is the stupidest fucking word.

• I'll have a word with Al, and sort it out. Who knows, maybe I can get the alternate names for products and parts standardised across all the blurb, so it DOES make sense.

Personally, I think it adds a nice touch, as if the devices and items were from a product catalogue. It'll be better though if they were presented as excerpts as opposed to being blended in with the main article. I'll work on it.

GENERATION SIGMA-A44: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 4(N+3/2 - X) to the generation.

Anti-Social experiment.

• Not to be rude, but now I am curious. Who are you, Cabletwitch? You have 4 posts. Sounds like you know 'Al' more personally.

Also, If these are products from a catalogue, why am I building them with my bare hands?

• Heh, long-time player of IC and IC2. It's been an essential part of my MC experience since I found it (back before 0.5 something (I don't have any of the earlier jars/archives, sadly)). I've been here lurking, but I generally tend not to post anything unless it's useful or important.

As for Al, I've had contact with him in the past, but admittedly nothing major. However, I'm willing to give something back (aside from already donating) and help improve things where I can. I'm no coder, artist or sound engineer. I figured that the Wiki could be something I could work on, since people seem to think it needs work, and updates don't always happen regularly enough. I'll give it a shot, and see what happens.

So yes, you won't know me, but then... When someone offers to help sort something no-one else seems to want to do, would you refuse?

Oh, and as for the products? Consider them to be blueprints for construction. A 'How To' kit. I'm sure I can get them sounding a little more belivable. Or maybe not. After all, it IS Alblakas' mod :D

Anti-Social experiment.

• I'd love to help if MC weren't a shit storm right now. My thread on the official forums about making old versions of the client and server available are getting flamed by people who have never used mods, and are saying stupid shit like "why would you want to use an old server if people with 1.2.5 couldn't join it."

It makes me want to slam my ears in an oven.

• Some of us have been here a long time and have low post counts becasue we dont feel the need to comment on everything.

As for the wiki complaints, Al probably wrote it himself, since that is his general writing style.
    He likes to inject a bit of humor and he likes to see people figure out how stuff works through playing so he is vague.
    And no, I don't know Al, this is just general observation.

• Older versions... you can either ask others if they have a copy they can send you (assuming Al is ok with that, not sure on that front), or do as I do. Just grab a copy of both on each release. Two jarfiles isn't a lot to get, they're small, and you can make your own personal archive for retro-usage.

Anti-Social experiment.

• Some of us have been here a long time and have low post counts becasue we dont feel the need to comment on everything.

Exactly, we're not ALL clones of FenixR ;)

As for the wiki complaints, Al probably wrote it himself, since that is his general writing style.
    He likes to inject a bit of humor and he likes to see people figure out how stuff works through playing so he is vague.
    And no, I don't know Al, this is just general observation.

Given the style, I'm fairly certain Al did write the first iteration, as well as many of the updates. I'd not remove any of the original text, merely re-arrange it so that flavour and info are seperate, as well as any other info is added or defined clearly. Given that a lot of form entries (Not so much here, oddly) tend to be along the lines of 'y u no relees new vershun nao? lol', I'd make damned sure that the wiki never ends up like that. Given that I'm writing this on a mobile phone (albeit an N900 with a proper keyboard), I'm still never one for shortcuts when real language does the job properly.

So yes. Preservation of style and content, just refined with minor layout changes would suffice. Nothing drastic at all.

Anti-Social experiment.

• If flavor and info were separate, I'd have no complaint.

Also, try searching google for a download of old server.jar's. Impossible. MCNostalgia can do clients, but I can't find servers -anywhere-. It seems to be general consensus, that if you didn't back up your old server jar, you're "shit outta luck".

I am going from 1.1 to 1.2.3, so that's why I don't have one.

• Oh, you means the ACTUAL server jar, not the mod jar? Hmm, a bit out of luck there, yes. I've found a way to get old MC jar files from the Mojang repository, but I can't say I've seen the server ones, only the client. Unless I'm blind.

Anti-Social experiment.

• Official Post

Oh, you means the ACTUAL server jar, not the mod jar? Hmm, a bit out of luck there, yes. I've found a way to get old MC jar files from the Mojang repository, but I can't say I've seen the server ones, only the client. Unless I'm blind.

In the Mojangrepository is only the 1.2.0 one (and of course the 1.2.5 one), but for the others, you need to contact someone, who has the minecraftserver.jar for 1.2.3 or 1.2.4.

Good, that i make backup's of every modable Version.

• Anyone who is willing to break the rules feel like sending me an interesting PM about it? Won't lie, I don't have jack diddly shit to compensate you for it,though, besides my mod suite when it's done =P

• wiki style is complete BS, users visit wiki to get some usefull info, not "HAYOs" and some noobs add additional OMG INFINITE ENERGY HAYO and other BS to pages just becouse they saw this on other pages.

• wiki style is complete BS, users visit wiki to get some usefull info, not "HAYOs" and some noobs add additional OMG INFINITE ENERGY HAYO and other BS to pages just becouse they saw this on other pages.

Instead of complaining, why you people don't join the wiki team and do the changes yourself?

Like it has been repeated a crapton in this thread, the wiki its a community effort, devs are barely involved with the wiki besides hosting the site and mantain it to keep it online.

• To make it work, you should downgrade to 1.2.4. BUT if you can't do that, you may be able to make it work by installing 1.2.4 Forge, 1.2.4 MLMP and 1.2.4 IC2, as 1.2.5 and 1.2.4 are similar enough internally.
    What will definitely not work is using 1.2.5 Forge with 1.2.4 IC2, since Forge changed a lot of things in 1.2.5 to make them no longer require MLMP.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• asked for wiki permissions multiple times, ever without permissions updated many pages, gave up after HAYO griefers and smartasses that got permissions to rewrite anything as they like, just look at EU page with links to IRL electricity as reference and chainsaw page with HAYOs...
    Wont ever try to rollback to my version, let it be as devs like.

for TS* - never press random buttons this may save your life IRL, read manual before doing anythig, not after something broken. (you may ignore both rules IRL but try to follow in internet)

TS = Topic Starter

with wiki access i planed to group wiki pages by classfiles of mod, this will allow clear and simple structure without unnessesary repeating of same data on every page, every electic machine have tier, but there is no page for electric machine or tier and no permission to create it - plan failed.

• Even when registered, not just anyone can edit. Please climb out from the rock you are under.

OH WELL. If it's no concern to Alblaka, then it won't be fixed and it'll just have to stay.