[Suggestion]: Undo food system overkill

• Long long time ago in far away galaxy someone allowed quanum helmet to provide creative mode for anyone who wear it.
    After this any type of farming food (ever with crops) gone useless, also canning machine gone obsolete (mostly) (in SMP completely).

As some of reading this post know about foodsystem change (food now stackable) ability to convert any type of food into melon slices with canning machine at cost of energy and tin cans not a gameplay option anymore.
    Stack of meat will provide 8 times more food then stack of tin cans, instant healing of 2 hps cant offset this.

Suggestion is to use potion effects and change foodcans calculation:
    canning machine consume food items, as soon as internal buffer greater or equal to 10 food units, food can is created.
    every foodcan restore 10 food and 20 saturation instantly, provide regeneration similar to golden apple and restore additional 10 food units over 60 seconds.
    Such changed will make canned food superior to anything else, since it allow to stack food futher.

Quanum helmet shoud not restore food, and quanum-nano suit shoud not protect from hunger damage, this will disable creative mode on quantum and make it much more balanced on SSP.

• Official Post

Hey i'm still using Tincans in Endgame, because i don't waste my resources for Quantumstuff, i use it to create even MORE Energy/UUM.

20 FOODPOINTS! WHAT? Thats much too Overpowered AND it would be harder to fill EXACTLY 20 Points into ONE can, aside from that Steve would explode if he eats that much at once.

Sorry but an unneeded nerf -1.

• I like this idea because :

1. Magical Feeding by quantum helmet feels against the spirit of the mod
    2. There's a lot of food types in the game, and the quantum helmet, which you can obtain on day 2 in a multiplayer world, makes all of that food useless. It basically just deletes a big chunk of the gameplay. It also makes all of the IC2 crops that make food useless, as well as the beers.
    3. And yes, it makes the tin can useless as well. It doesn't have to be as good as a golden apple : tin cans let you create consumable food from zombie meat : but it needs to be better than the current 2 food/consume.
    4. An interesting mechanic would be to create a way to "mix" foods for a special kind of canned food that has differing effects depending on which foods you add in what order. Like it works with fuels.

There would be a new kind of can, made with gold ingots, that would only stack to 16/stack because the can is bigger. Maybe not call it a can, call it a TV dinner tray and make the icon proportional.

If you include both protein and a carbohydrate in your tv dinner, you get a bonus. Protein, carb, and a fruit, and you get a bigger bonus. Etc.

Adding beer multiplies the bonus.

In some cases the food is so good that you gain a status effect from it, similar to have potions work.

• Official Post

there is no applications for UUM expect quantum.

What are you talking about? I use it mostly for other things than Iridium.
    The Foodsystem is good as it is now, we don't need to buff the canned Food.
    I'm still thinking that it's a bad Idea.

Sidenote: Again was a Noob asking for Releasedates in the Supportsection with a complete Thread about it, how could they be so stupid.

• 2. There's a lot of food types in the game, and the quantum helmet, which you can obtain on day 2 in a multiplayer world, makes all of that food useless. It basically just deletes a big chunk of the gameplay. It also makes all of the IC2 crops that make food useless, as well as the beers.

I wanna see someone who gets quantum suit on day 2. That is without cheating. I guess its impossible even if you are lucky enough to find 10 diamonds under your spawn location.

• i guess canned food doesn't need a hard buff... just like a chance for a random buff (and a lower chance for a random debuff maybe?)
    but nerfing the quantum helmet would be nice
    breathing underwater is enough in my opinion... and if not Al could add block braking normally underwater and/or better vision underwater
    or maybe even a helm-lamp if thats not too hard to code

but food regeneration is just plain boring and makes to much items useless

List of People I know who didn't blew up a machine from Advanced Machines addon by wiring them to MV: { }

Yay math exam is soon... lots of fun... "you love taylor approximation with parameters" *beat head with stick*

• The two differences between the Quantum Suit and Canned Food is that the Quantum Suit is THE endgame, and Canned Food is early-midgame
    However, making the Canned Food more like fuels is a good idea. Just don't nerf Quantum. There are enough people who want to nerf it, mainly because they don't have one :p

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• I wanna see someone who gets quantum suit on day 2. That is without cheating. I guess its impossible even if you are lucky enough to find 10 diamonds under your spawn location.

I meant on day 2 of real life play. As in, after about 16 hours of playing the game. This is with the help of cobblestone generators from redpower, as well.

• The two differences between the Quantum Suit and Canned Food is that the Quantum Suit is THE endgame, and Canned Food is early-midgame
    However, making the Canned Food more like fuels is a good idea. Just don't nerf Quantum. There are enough people who want to nerf it, mainly because they don't have one :p

Yeah, some of us are annoyed at the food system and the constant need to carry food around. I for one love the q-suit's feeding ability.

• To nerf Quantum Helmet and buff Food Cans you can make Helmet to use Canned food to feed player instead of EU. It would make Canned Food useful, but not forced. O2 generated from EU as always.
    Also remembering Hazmat Rubber Suit, let it use Canned Food to keep food bar full and Canned Air to keep air bar not empty. We are miss it, Al ;)

• Official Post

you can make Helmet to use Canned food to feed player instead of EU.

That's a great Idea, this way the Suit not really gets nerfed and it makes canned Food useful. I ever wondered why it can generate Foodpoints out of EU and nothing else. That way the Quantumsuithelmet is a highly sophisticated Canopener.

Underwaterbreathing with EU is realistic enough, because it makes the Oxygen in the Water to breathable Air, via electrolysis.

• That's a great Idea, this way the Suit not really gets nerfed and it makes canned Food useful. I ever wondered why it can generate Foodpoints out of EU and nothing else. That way the Quantumsuithelmet is a highly sophisticated Canopener.

Underwaterbreathing with EU is realistic enough, because it makes the Oxygen in the Water to breathable Air, via electrolysis.

mass fab technology. but I'm for a lower tech non-quantum "nutrients smoothie"/soda drinking hat you know the ones with cans on the sides of your head

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• soo sad...

second viable option to charge quantum helmet with foodcans, with NBT metadata this can be used to separately track armor and food counters (and also display amount of food still inside helmet via enchantment nag)