[Addon 1.115]Transformers BETA-1 v2.0 - Convert IC2 & BC3 energy back & forth!

• Sorry about that, I've had my finals this week. Hadn't responded yet because I haven't figured out how I thought it should be yet.
    About your idea, you're supposed to put the regulator inside the engine? Like an ic2 upgrade?

• Sorry about that, I've had my finals this week. Hadn't responded yet because I haven't figured out how I thought it should be yet.
    About your idea, you're supposed to put the regulator inside the engine? Like an ic2 upgrade?

Uh, no. You place them beside the engine, because how are you going to power them inside an engine that doesn't accept power?

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

I made textures for the transformers mod.

• Uh, no. You place them beside the engine, because how are you going to power them inside an engine that doesn't accept power?

Ah okay. Only problem I have is with the changing efficiency. Main goal from this addon is to make sure the conversion is as efficient as possible.
    I could make it that it needs like a kickstart to get things going, and then once it's heated it'll convert as it's supposed to and will not cool down - unless it runs out of fuel.

Came up with another idea though, how about some kind of super furnace that takes the fuel, and uses it to convert stone into lava, which you can burn in geothermals.

• Ah okay. Only problem I have is with the changing efficiency. Main goal from this addon is to make sure the conversion is as efficient as possible.
    I could make it that it needs like a kickstart to get things going, and then once it's heated it'll convert as it's supposed to and will not cool down - unless it runs out of fuel.

Came up with another idea though, how about some kind of super furnace that takes the fuel, and uses it to convert stone into lava, which you can burn in geothermals.

Scratch what I said, make the heater and cooler a component of the engine, and the regulator says the heat, sets the heat, and uses power for what I stated. Sounds doable?

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

• With your Mod I rly want a bigger think as MFSU :D I had 2x60 Biomass Tanks into IC Energy converted and I have rly a too big MFSU Room :D Maybe you can add a Ultra MFSU with space x10 or maybe 100 but with 512 out? :D

• With your Mod I rly want a bigger think as MFSU :D I had 2x60 Biomass Tanks into IC Energy converted and I have rly a too big MFSU Room :D Maybe you can add a Ultra MFSU with space x10 or maybe 100 but with 512 out? :D

Is this really what you think he was intending? Because that doesn't really transform anything now does it?

Quote from Shadowrockus

• I get this error on start up:

• Another error, also with Forge 3.2.3.120. I should point out that this is the server side, running under a Linux server. I run a test server under Windows where I test updates before deploying them to the live environment and the test server, under Windows 7 64bit java 7, works fine. When I take those EXACT files and put them on the linux server, I also get the error the post before me is showing.

The server log is too long to post here, so here's a pastebin with it.
    http://pastebin.com/DsJUfHgt

--edit--

I thought I'd take a stab at figuring out what could be causing it. All I've discovered so far is it looks like the error is happening in the try/catch block inside "private static void fixIronEngineFuel()". This seems to be something related to Buildcraft specifically. All I can think of is that something with Forge 3.2.3.120 under Linux/MacOS behaves in a way that the reflection isn't working right with Buildcraft. Beyond that, I have no clue.

• Nice, I haven't tried this yet but it looks promising. The current crossover mods are a bit redundant and have extra things I wouldn't use or aren't that balanced.

• I updated to the latest recommended version of Forge, 3.2.5.121, (3.2.5.120 doesn't work either, same error) and am now getting this Null Pointer Exception error.

• For everybody having issues with the 3.2.3.120+ versions of Forge with this mod, rename the file to a lowercase t at the beginning and it will work around a bug that's preventing this from loading correctly.

Thanks to LexManos and cpw (of Forge fame) for helping track down this issue and coming up with a work around.

• I cant seem to find the configuration for 2:5 ratio, i wanna change it for my SSP mode.

http://pastebin.com/XLucdVGR

You're looking at the wrong config, that's BC-IC2 mod, not transformers.

Quote from Shadowrockus

• For everybody having issues with the 3.2.3.120+ versions of Forge with this mod, rename the file to a lowercase t at the beginning and it will work around a bug that's preventing this from loading correctly.

Thanks to LexManos and cpw (of Forge fame) for helping track down this issue and coming up with a work around.

I found out the problem was actually some weird incompatibility with Magic Launcher, Forge, and this mod. Using Magic Launcher and Forge 105 with this mod worked fine. But Magic Launcher and Forge 120 or 121 requires that this mod be installed as an External Mod. It seems to work fine with or without the changing the capitalization of T. I'll make it a lower case t just in case though.

• I found out the problem was actually some weird incompatibility with Magic Launcher, Forge, and this mod. Using Magic Launcher and Forge 105 with this mod worked fine. But Magic Launcher and Forge 120 or 121 requires that this mod be installed as an External Mod. It seems to work fine with or without the changing the capitalization of T. I'll make it a lower case t just in case though.

Well, I'm not using Magic Launcher, specifically because of the massive number of posts I keep seeing about people having problems that end up being directly caused by it. I was still having issues on the server side with it and it was due to a bug in forge. Changing the file name to the lowercase T fixed it.

• When regular electric engine gets too much power(512EU/t) it will keep blowing up and still working :D

• When regular electric engine gets too much power(512EU/t) it will keep blowing up and still working :D

Sounds like a anti-griefing mod messing up. I've had errors like that before, because I forgot to change a setting in one.
    Now I don't use one, since I have Explosives+, and turn on Nuclear Creepers. Bit more interesting when you have walking penises that explode with the force of a nuclear fusion bomb in the game.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Sounds like a anti-griefing mod messing up. I've had errors like that before, because I forgot to change a setting in one.
    Now I don't use one, since I have Explosives+, and turn on Nuclear Creepers. Bit more interesting when you have walking penises that explode with the force of a nuclear fusion bomb in the game.

I'm playing SSP :)

Also Slow Electric Engine will continuously explode (every cykle)

Mod List:

Dear Lord,
    please grant me the ability to punch people in the face over standard TCP/IP.