[Addon 1.115]Transformers BETA-1 v2.0 - Convert IC2 & BC3 energy back & forth!

• Ok, Bronze != Bronze Ignot.

the bronze needs to be crafted from dust. The forestry recipe for bronze doesnt work here. Perhaps you'll include this ?

• First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful mod. We've been using 1.4a on SMP and it has been working beautifully.

My question: If I have an electric engine and am not using all the MJ that it can produce, will it still consume EU at its maximum rate? Or will it consume just enough EU to make the MJ that is actually being consumed?

• Ok, Bronze != Bronze Ignot.

the bronze needs to be crafted from dust. The forestry recipe for bronze doesnt work here. Perhaps you'll include this ?

Will do.

Since I have not made that version of Transformers nor have the source of it I will not port that version to bukkit. You will have to ask Mo3pp3l, I have no problems with him porting that.

First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful mod. We've been using 1.4a on SMP and it has been working beautifully.

My question: If I have an electric engine and am not using all the MJ that it can produce, will it still consume EU at its maximum rate? Or will it consume just enough EU to make the MJ that is actually being consumed?

Nope, electric engines will always consume EU at its maximum rate.
    Unfortunately the BC energy flow doesn't allow for this, as there's no way for me to detect how much energy is being used effectively in the power pipes.

• I think I've found a bug..

If you have a electric engine (the white one that runs at the same rate as 1 combustion engine using fuel), and you use it to extract items say from chests and other machines, some of the items go into the engine and get deleted when more items go in. This may because the wooden doesn't detect that the face of the engine is pointing towards it. I still see the clear bit of the wooden pipe that allows items to go through is going into the engine.

Noticed that this also happens with your advanced wooden electric pipe, but it's not exactly an issue with that though.

http://i.imgur.com/OiAdE.png

• Not that I expected it to but Transformers doesn't work with the 1.107 beta. Just a heads up.

What's the problem you're having? I'm running IC2 v1.107.35 and BC v3.0.2pre8 and Transformers is working fine.

• FYI .. Got this spamming the console when a player has some engines running:

14.10 06:54:57 [Server] INFO [STDOUT] [IC2] WARNING: snyke7.Transformers.TileICEngine@78d9284e didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

not sure whats causing it.

• I host a server that offers a variety of technic mods including bc 3 and its plugins ( forestry , logistic pipes) . But unfortunately, Power Converters will not work with BC3 so i decided to use this, but i have a problem, i just cannot get the engines to run at all. even with a redstone signal and the correct pipes. im not sure if this is only me, but i really need help!

Pictures*

• I'm using BC3.1.6.25, with logistic pipes and forestry installed.

• I'm using BC3.1.6.25, with logistic pipes and forestry installed.

Are you certain you are are applying a redstone signal to the engine?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Isnt that an adjustable engine???? if so then it needs the HV wooden conductive pipe and not the standard wooden pipe...

that would explain why the engine is not connected directly to the wooden con. pipe in the pic.. cause it is the wrong one?

• Isnt that an adjustable engine???? if so then it needs the HV wooden conductive pipe and not the standard wooden pipe...

that would explain why the engine is not connected directly to the wooden con. pipe in the pic.. cause it is the wrong one?

Yeap... I tried with all the other engines... including using hv pipe din work... in fact, after i restart my test server, the normal pipe connected to the engine!

• So I've been cleaning up the code for a bit, had some new ideas so decided to ask for some creative input.

I want to add a new type of machine to the mod, a multiblock machine which will take a fuel, and use it to melt stone into lava.
    This allows easier conversion from for example fuel to EU.
    I've got 2 ideas to generate heat the stone either:
    - the machine just sets the gas coming from the liquid on fire (like gasoline)
    - the machine compresses the fuel until it lights itself on fire (like diesel)
    Have not decided about the exact size, thinking 4x5x5 or 5x5x5, made of new heat resistant blocks (some of em transparent?)
    There'll be a heat plate in the middle to separte the heated gas from the stone/lava part i think...

Give me some ideas, do you like this? Should this be a separate mod?

FYI .. Got this spamming the console when a player has some engines running:

14.10 06:54:57 [Server] INFO [STDOUT] [IC2] WARNING: snyke7.Transformers.TileICEngine@78d9284e didn't implement demandsEnergy() properly, no energy from injectEnergy accepted although demandsEnergy() returned true.

I'll look into it.

Hey Snyke Can i get permission to use this mod in my mod pack for my server?

~~Anders

Yes you can, go ahead.

I've honestly got no idea what's wrong. Try starting with just BC, IC2 & Transformers, testing it, and adding mods until you get this error, I can't reproduce this.

• Yeap... I tried with all the other engines... including using hv pipe din work... in fact, after i restart my test server, the normal pipe connected to the engine!

Any 1 can help me?
    Please!
    ;(

• Updated to v1.5! Enjoy :)

Ok, Bronze != Bronze Ignot.

Added :)

FYI .. Got this spamming the console when a player has some engines running:

Was caused by wires connecting to the engine output face. Should be fixed, and if it still occurs the engine should spam it's info to the console, so tell me what it says :).

Oh and please take a look at this ^

SchemingWeasels: I've honestly got no idea what's wrong. Try starting with just BC, IC2 & Transformres, testing it and adding mods until you get this error. I'm not able to reproduce your problem.

• Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Failed to start game
    This error has been saved to C:\Users\Joshua Burke\Desktop\Minecraft Profile Manager\profiles\Mods\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2012-10-21_18.57.06-client.txt for your convenience. Please include a copy of this file if you report this crash to anyone.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT f23f18a8 --------
    Generated 10/21/12 6:57 PM

- Minecraft Version: 1.3.2
    - Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
    - Java Version: 1.7.0_01, Oracle Corporation
    - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    - Memory: 402144248 bytes (383 MB) / 648740864 bytes (618 MB) up to 954466304 bytes (910 MB)
    - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
    - FML: FML v3.0.196.366 Minecraft Forge 4.1.1.251 Optifine OptiFine_1.3.2_HD_U_B3 18 mods loaded, 18 mods active
    FML [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    Forge [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    mod_CodeChickenCore [CodeChicken Core] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    mod_NotEnoughItems [Not Enough Items] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    BuildCraft|Core [BuildCraft] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    BuildCraft|Builders [BC Builders] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    BuildCraft|Energy [BC Energy] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    BuildCraft|Factory [BC Factory] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    BuildCraft|Transport [BC Transport] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    BuildCraft|Silicon [BC Silicon] (buildcraft-A-3.2.0pre7.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    ComputerCraft [ComputerCraft] (ComputerCraft1.42.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    CCTurtle [ComputerCraft Turtles] (ComputerCraft1.42.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    GP [Gems+] (GemsPlus Forge 1.3.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    IC2 [IndustrialCraft 2] (industrialcraft-2_1.106.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    AS_Minions [Minions] (Minions_1.3.2.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    Railcraft [Railcraft] (Railcraft_6.2.0.0.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    mod_Timber [Timber!] (Timber! (1.3.2).zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized
    snyke7_Transformers [Transformers] (Transformers v1.5.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Errored
    - LWJGL: 2.4.2
    - OpenGL: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family GL version 3.0.0 - Build 8.15.10.2342, Intel
    - Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'
    - Type: Client
    - Texture Pack: Sphax PureBDCraft 64x MC13.zip
    - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:102)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:643)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:177)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:450)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:737)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:371)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:124)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:69)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:317)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:300)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:268)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:81)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:642)
    ... 4 more
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraftforge.common.Configuration.get(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;I)Lnet/minecraftforge/common/Property;
    at snyke7.Transformers.Config.load(Config.java:36)
    at snyke7.Transformer.load(Transformer.java:31)
    ... 29 more
    --- END ERROR REPORT 15faebe1 ----------

I am not good at mods so if this is something obvious sorrry!