Redpower Frames

• Must... resist... temptation to build giant solar-panel producing&planting machine.

the holy grail of sloar spammers? DOOOOO IIIIIT! :D

my goal is a 6 directional flying fortress

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

the holy grail of solar spammers? DOOOOO IIIIIT! :D

my goal is a 6 directional flying fortress

My is an Omnidirectional (sounds better than sixdirectional) "Base"-Quarry (Quarries bases of other Players), which you may saw in the Background of my last Picturecontaining Posts. (but it stucks actually on some Blocks, D'OH)

• Eloraam totally needs to code something to ROTATE a contraption (or, even more awesome, PARTS of it).

to bad flower child pulled out that turntable would have been useful right now :( maybe a rp2/zeppelin mod hybrid? why don't you make a way to rotate structures? like some sort of teleporter or ic2 machine :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• I'd love to see rotation and zeppelins running on the frame engine, now we're talking about self-moving aircrafts. Would also love to see tube embedding, since inchworm tunnel boring machines are so slow.

• I'd love to see rotation and zeppelins running on the frame engine, now we're talking about self-moving aircrafts. Would also love to see tube embedding, since inchworm tunnel boring machines are so slow.

looking at some videos the frames move very smoothly if spammed with redstone pulses

• what am i doing wrong!! :P

i have frames, an motor, electricity. and yet i stil cant move one stupid frame "insert epic sigh"

DAMN I HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT! "sounds of mayham and destruction"

can someone help? as for now.. back to painting the hold of the ship..... "sigh"

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Did you saw Direwolfs Frametutorial? He recently made 3 Spotlights of Redpower, its the second one.

i wish i could, but the internet connection here on the ship is V-Sat, so its to slow to even load it...

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

i wish i could, but the internet connection here on the ship is V-Sat, so its to slow to even load it...

OK then:

Framemotor:
    The side with the Arrow is the Side where you place the Frame (NOWHERE ELSE), if you want to rotate this Arrow then simply use the Screwdriver, if you want to change the Side of the Arrow then use SHIFT+RIGHTCLICK with the Screwdriver.

The Framemotor needs Blutricity (a bit less than an Oven) to run. (The Lamps glow Blue if its ready)

Frames:
    if you place a Block adjacent to the Frame it gets moved with the Frame except you place a COVER (no matter which one) in the Frame, if you want to place things like Logic or Cables on the Frame then place a PANEL (no matter which one) on it.

Its very easy to let a Frame stuck, because if only one Block is not connected to the Construction, then it simply cant move, in case of undergroundconstructions it can also accidently stick to the Outerwall, use COVERS on the outter Hull to prevent that.

This is it basicly, i hope it helps.

• ok so the basic "inch worm" drive is 1 step forward and 1 step to reset right? well here is a frame "high speed inch worm" that goes 3 steps forward and 1 step to reset. perfect for running over creepers with :D

• So its basically three Forwarddrives at once or?

More Motors = More Speed

not at once but one after the other so you spend 1/4 of your time holding still instead of 1/2, and 3/4 of your time moving. it would win in a race if you put this up against a regular inchworm drive

• Can one of you guys help me with my tunnel bore?
    I don't want suggestions on how to improve it I just want to find out how to fix the body moving the head, but not the head moving the body.
    I made a video for my channel here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QzWN24POI
    I could really use some help :(

I can't help with your drill head problems because i haven't built one yet myself but i can help with the inch worm drive jamming. you see that designs big flaw is that the motor closest to the door is getting intermittent power cause the battery-box keeps moving away if you dedicate a battery-box to each motor that will move with the motor the power will be constant and the forward drive will jam less often.

• not at once but one after the other so you spend 1/4 of your time holding still instead of 1/2, and 3/4 of your time moving. it would win in a race if you put this up against a regular inchworm drive

I don't really get how this would actually move faster than a normal engine as motors still move frames and other stuff at the speed of 1 block/second, right? Otherwise I'll have to redo my boring machine MKII which moves forward every two seconds and mines in around 4/7(state cells ftw).

• I don't really get how this would actually move faster than a normal engine as motors still move frames and other stuff at the speed of 1 block/second, right? Otherwise I'll have to redo my boring machine MKII which moves forward every two seconds and mines in around 4/7(state cells ftw).

for a TBM where the bore head is working as the forward drive resets this will probably not make a faster digger, but if you have some sort of train or other transport this is faster than a standard inch worm drive over flat terrain

• I can't help with your drill head problems because i haven't built one yet myself but i can help with the inch worm drive jamming. you see that designs big flaw is that the motor closest to the door is getting intermittent power cause the battery-box keeps moving away if you dedicate a battery-box to each motor that will move with the motor the power will be constant and the forward drive will jam less often.

So thats why the engine was jamming! :D
    I thought it was because of lag...
    Thanks though! :D