IC2 [1.95] Miner does not recognize the new RedPower 2 Relay as a valid inventory

• It ignores small inventories to make sure it's most likely something similar to a chest.

*Resurrect*
    Can this be changed so that the Miner will work with the relay? Because this would be pretty neat actually.

• It ignores small inventories to make sure it's most likely something similar to a chest.

If it doesn't want to work with the relay, can't it then atleast output to tubes properly? Cause that's what the relay is for, an easier interface to allow things enter the tube system.

A chest + a ticked filter could work too but that's for one thing more laggy I guess as you constantly have to pulse it and for the other it's one block more you have to place, though I guess no one would care about that.

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD

• I would like to see the miner output to any face with an attached Tube/Pipe (RP/BC transport methods) if only one pipe is present; or out of the top if multiple pipes are present. If only side pipes are present it should favor the 'drill' sides for output.

• Official Post

The issue is, if we only browse for an inventory, the miner would as welll start filling other nearby machines... f.e. Pumps or MFEs.
    Limiting it's size is sort of the only way to prevent that, but if you got a machine with >= 9 slots, it would still consider those valid. Examples: Reactor, Cropmatron, Canner (I think).
    Of course these are special cases of sorts...

• Official Post

The issue is, if we only browse for an inventory, the miner would as welll start filling other nearby machines... f.e. Pumps or MFEs.
    Limiting it's size is sort of the only way to prevent that, but if you got a machine with >= 9 slots, it would still consider those valid. Examples: Reactor, Cropmatron, Canner (I think).

Whats about the Forgehook ISidedInventory? I thought it could make it possible to scan for "Universalslots", "Sideslots", "Inputslots" and "Fuelslots", so that you just put everything into the next possible "Universalslot".

• If you put your miner next to your reactor that's just... craziness; you deserve it messing up.

As for the sided inventory thing, this really makes me wonder. Why can't RP2 tubes just implement a single slot 'inventory' universal receiver to allow them to act as chest targets for anything that deposits generic items? This would also work for BC tubes. Suddenly the input to either routing system would be a basic Forge interface, as would the output. Mods would not need to care what they were interacting with it or how that operated. Though this doesn't solve fluids; some other system for moving that around would be needed too (but something similar just accepting cubic centimeters or cubic millimeters of fluid per 'deposit' sounds like a good start to me).

• The issue is, if we only browse for an inventory, the miner would as welll start filling other nearby machines... f.e. Pumps or MFEs.

Ok that's a point, but what about going for >= 9 slots except "IC ones which wouldn't be a target", like the ones you mentioned?
    I guess if it would be simply possible to make it optionally check if there's a relay available you would have done that already I guess.

Maybe forge should have a function that can check if a defined blocktype is present without breaking if it isn't, something like that, wouldn't that help for such optional mod combination checks?

On my install Mining Drill doesn't give off any sounds at all o.o
    Help! Somebody fix that please!
    Wait a sec... damnit.

no idea if he was serious but either way that was damn funny xD