[SUGGESTION] redpower liquid pipes and geo-gens

• I hope that this will be implemented in atleast the next update.

The ability to pump lava into geo-gens using the new redpower liquid pipes so people dont really require buildcraft for that use (unless of course it has already been implemented without me knowing about it).

Short and easy to understand.

• RP Pumps compatibility may not be possible since Eloraam has not released any kind of API for her features.

But the ability to make IC2 Pumps to suck the lava and place it directly into the Geothermal may solve that.

Just make a 1 block in space tank below the IC2pump and whenever the IC2pump suck a liquid it will be replaced by the RP2pump.

• Does any machine that accepts BC liquid pipes right now accept liquids directly from the RP liquid tubes? Cuz I tried a few machines that accept liquid and they wouldn't connect. 8|

╯( °□° ) ╯ ┻━┻

• Does any machine that accepts BC liquid pipes right now accept liquids directly from the RP liquid tubes? Cuz I tried a few machines that accept liquid and they wouldn't connect. 8|

None,thats why we are disscussing the possibility of adding that compatibility, get a clue and read a little please.

• Eloraam refuses to release an API until the full release of RedPower 2 sadly. As soon as she does though, it'll be very easy to implement it with our submodule system.

...except I found a big limitation with this: you'll have to choose whether your geothermals want BC or RP2 liquid - the way Java works doesn't let us implement both without having to depend on each other.

• Better solution is to allow Obsidian to melt back into flowing lava... Then you can Re-pump that lava after you have melted it into either an IC^2 or BC pump system...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Eloraam refuses to release an API until the full release of RedPower 2 sadly. As soon as she does though, it'll be very easy to implement it with our submodule system.

...except I found a big limitation with this: you'll have to choose whether your geothermals want BC or RP2 liquid - the way Java works doesn't let us implement both without having to depend on each other.

Let BC keep the integration with the Geothermal, but rework the IC2 pump a little so it can fill a geothermal directly without needing a empty cell as long as the ic2 pump is touching the geothermal generator. The way RP handle the liquid pipe/pump system is diferent with the BC system, since you can actually move and replace the liquids in the world instead of being forced to fill a Tank Block or Liquid storage like BC does.

• Eloraam refuses to release an API until the full release of RedPower

I've always been vaguely bothered by how she she uses the term "prerelease." I can understand if she has a certain goal for redpower 2, but I feel like that term implies something restricted to a small set (like IC's closed betas).

(I suppose it could be argued that stuff like "Prerelease 5" is less technical and easier to understand that stuff like "Version 1.3.5.etc," but it still bothers me.)

• I've always been vaguely bothered by how she she uses the term "prerelease." I can understand if she has a certain goal for redpower 2, but I feel like that term implies something restricted to a small set (like IC's closed betas).

(I suppose it could be argued that stuff like "Prerelease 5" is less technical and easier to understand that stuff like "Version 1.3.5.etc," but it still bothers me.)

I find it okay, she is in fact releasing a unfinished product or at least she finds it that way, otherwise she would not bother to map every single feature she wants to include into a development tree and start refering to each feature she wants to improve or implement with each prerelease number (PR5 was all about frame and iirc PR 6 or 7 will be about redoing the worldegeneration thing).

One of these days she will drop the Prerelease thing, but not until she is completely satisfied with how her mod turned out to be.

• I find it okay, she is in fact releasing a unfinished product or at least she finds it that way, otherwise she would not bother to map every single feature she wants to include into a development tree and start refering to each feature she wants to improve or implement with each prerelease number (PR5 was all about frame and iirc PR 6 or 7 will be about redoing the worldegeneration thing).

One of these days she will drop the Prerelease thing, but not until she is completely satisfied with how her mod turned out to be.

And then what will she do with it? Jus keep it like that and add nothing new? I mean, RP2 is already solid enough to be a mod, she could just release it and then add the stuff she wants, it's not like it's a PS2 videogame or something where she can't update.

• And then what will she do with it? Jus keep it like that and add nothing new? I mean, RP2 is already solid enough to be a mod, she could just release it and then add the stuff she wants, it's not like it's a PS2 videogame or something where she can't update.

Maybe yes, besides bugfixing and porting she may not add anything new thats usually what finished means. And its her own decision like always, she likes to keep developing this way and not me nor you nor anyone have really any saying on how she should develop her mod.

Besides i like how she have a clear objective of what she wants to do, instead of just deciding on the fly what she will d+o. (Ahem boozeception and agriculture are the most random added features i have seen made in IC2 XD)

And one last thing, if you pay close attention you will actually see some gaping holes that makes you see why its still on "Prerelease":

-Bluelectric cables using wool instead of rubber like she originally intended.
    -Rubber trees without any way of extracting the rubber so far.
    -Tungsten and 2 gems without any actual use.
    -Support Frames and Motors are barely the tip of the iceberg, she has yet to add the embedded frames (Frames with tubes inside).

And thats only a few of the things i remember.