Limiting mass fab to spare power

• This seems like a frequent question, so I thought I'd share my current solution. This system is designed so that can burst a section of storage to mass fabrication while always keeping a reserve so that power from always-on sources isn't wasted. It should be easily modifiable to any number of storage devices.

Power comes in to the MFSU on the left, and fills both. They're both set to "Emit when full." When they're both full at the same time, the AND gate triggers the RS latch to reverse it's outputs, which allows the mass fab to run, and cuts the right-hand MFSU off from additional power input. When it's empty the shutoff of the detector cable triggers the pulse former to reverse the RS latch again, disabling the MF, and allowing the second MFSU to charge again.

The cables going down through the floor supply power everything else, and allow the rest of the equipment to use power from either MFSU regardless of what the system is doing. They need to have separate MFTFs, so that power can't bypass the splitter cable.

If you have scrap available (I don't, here) you can connect the same redwire line that controls the MF to a RedPower timer that sends scrap while the MF is running.

Lol, I usually just do this X( - with the mfsu set to emit if full

HAHAHAHA!!! Wow... ahh simplicity, it is my friend :D

P.S. Is the simpler method actually any worse?

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Wouldn't the setting "Emit power if full" do the same?

Yes, but that makes you unable to power any other machines.

@Flameanatorx

I don't think so - can't see the original picture anymore, but there's a 1 tick delay before the mass fabricator gets triggered.
    So if you're pumping 512 EU/t in you might lose 512 EU once. But with solars/wind it's great.

• very nice solution, emit if full MFSU. just one issue with that i can see. That is the redstone pulse will be triggered and turned off at a very fast rate (obviously depends on the input power), not the best for running minecraft smoothly.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• very nice solution, emit if full MFSU. just one issue with that i can see. That is the redstone pulse will be triggered and turned off at a very fast rate (obviously depends on the input power), not the best for running minecraft smoothly.

I've got a similar system, though more spread out.

MFE emits redstone signal when "partially full" and that disables a batbox between it and the mass fab. Then there's a....state cell (red power) on the wire that delays the disabling of the batbox for 10 seconds (so the fab eats up a lot of power before turning off, about 150,000 EU). Should be using a splitter cable there, but I didn't see it in the wiki and/or know what it did when I built the system.

Yeah, it doesn't work so well when the MFE runs out of power, but as it's only hooked up to a couple of basic machines, it never does.

MFE is hooked up to a handfull of watermills (constantly applied buckets via redpower) and the mass fab has a handfull of dedicated ones as well. 16 total, IIRC.

• If you don't particularly care about the filled state of your storage units, you can hook up a Detector-Splitter setup - put a Detector Cable after the MassFab but before all other machines, and redstone the cable either to the MassFab itself or to a Splitter Cable hooked up to the MassFab. In this case, as long as you aren't using the other machines in any capacity (including Induction Furnace warming), the Mass Fabricator will take the power instead. The second you start to draw power to machines, the MassFab will stop functioning until the other machines stop drawing.

If you absolutely need burst energy, you can always stick a storage unit between the Detector and the MassFab.

• This is a very awesome solution of Limiting mass fab to spare power. This is a very useful for mechanical student and also machinery business. But I am not a student or businessman of this sector so I cant understand in detail but therefor my brother is mechanical engineer so he explain me all things. he want know that how to create power consumption plant. If you any related information about this so please give me answer. He really want to help from you guys. So thanks in advanced from my brother and also from me..

• Official Post

This is a very awesome solution of Limiting mass fab to spare power. This is a very useful for mechanical student and also machinery business. But I am not a student or businessman of this sector so I cant understand in detail but therefor my brother is mechanical engineer so he explain me all things. he want know that how to create power consumption plant. If you any related information about this so please give me answer. He really want to help from you guys. So thanks in advanced from my brother and also from me..

Warning thats a Spam-bot. And no Engineeringstudent (what is basically mechanical student) would say something like that.

I must detect his third Post and then PM Alblaka.