[suggestion] GhastBuster!

• ok before you all do the knee jerk "no weapons" reaction please note that most weapons are for pvp this is for pve it can only hurt ghasts some hostile mobs so its more a tool than a weapon

Name: GhastBuster

Description: a special built gun for conquering the nether and containing ghasts the ghast buster fires a long range non-block-breaking beam that only hurts ghasts 10 seconds of exposure will kill a ghast(is that to long?). also when you equip the ghast buster and a batpak/lappak at the same time for the first time you get the achievement "who ya gonna call?"

EDIT: do to popular demand the ghastbuster also harms undead (zombies, skeletons, pigmen), also when you cross the beams in smp you get a "don't cross the streams achievement" and you may spontaneously explode

Recipe:
    :Tesla Coil: :Mining Pipe:Mining Pipe
    :Mining Pipe:Mining Laser::Mining Pipe
    :Mining Pipe:Mining Pipe:Uranium Cell: ?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

I'd rather have a rail gun that fires projectiles in the speed of light [Laser also should because it is light (with lots of energy) , but for some reason it doesnt]
    So mobs would be insta-hit instead of calculating projectile speed and mob movement.

• I'd rather have a rail gun that fires projectiles in the speed of light [Laser also should because it is light (with lots of energy) , but for some reason it doesnt]
    So mobs would be insta-hit instead of calculating projectile speed and mob movement.

the ghostbusters movies aren't big in brazil are they? I was expecting more of a "lol +1" or a "still a weapon wait for industrium conflict -1" but i wasn't expecting a "i want a real gun" response

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

the ghostbusters movies aren't big in brazil are they? I was expecting more of a "lol +1" or a "still a weapon wait for industrium conflict -1" but i wasn't expecting a "i want a real gun" response

"Who ya gonna watch, Mythbusters"-Achievement for busting a Myth with that Gun. :D

You expected "lol +1" from me? Nope, i wont do that.

Muahahahahaha +2

• stupid suggestion, implement item just for single useless operation.
    if you not able to predict ghast movement - dont play minecraft.

much more better to suggest tractor beam, that will kill target and transfer loot directly into your inventory, much more usefull.

much more better to suggest tractor beam, that will kill target and transfer loot directly into your inventory, much more usefull.

excuse me? rude much? clearly you have no sense of humor the norm is no single use machines cause they take up block i'ds but single use items are fair game cause we can have as many of those as we want. you have a point with the tractor beam thing the ghastbuster should attract the mob drops to you cause usually the ghast is over a lava lake and maybe this thing can be used on undead to but remember i walking a thin line between tool and weapon here

• The proper term for this would be a "Proton Pack." (Sorry, nerd moment there XP)

Why stop at Ghasts, though? It could fire a solid stream of energy that deals extra damage to undead, but pitiful damage against everything else. And would take a LOT of energy to operate, as well...

Though one wonders if there should be an effect if people decide to cross the streams in SMP... XD

• The proper term for this would be a "Proton Pack." (Sorry, nerd moment there XP)

Why stop at Ghasts, though? It could fire a solid stream of energy that deals extra damage to undead, but pitiful damage against everything else. And would take a LOT of energy to operate, as well...

Though one wonders if there should be an effect if people decide to cross the streams in SMP... XD

i was thinking proton pack but then you wouldn't be holding the gun in your hand cause its a pack(that and all the copyright mumbojombo) i stopped at ghasts because i thought i would get flamed for making a weapon but since thats apparently not the case I will edit the top post accordingly

yes there should be a effect for crossing the streams like the users blowing up or shutting off a portal

any thoughts on how traps could be implemented? or would that be to much

PREDICT GHAST MOVEMENT?

They change directions every two seconds. By the time my mining laser gets to where it should have been if it continued to go forward, it had already moved in another direction. Plus, the mining laser has a terrible range. After several blocks it already can't 1-hit the ghast.
    PLUS, WHY THE HECK ARE LASER SLOWER THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME? THEY'RE MADE OF LIGHT FOR "insert generic deity here"'S SAKE! Arrows are faster, snowballs are faster, fireballs are faster. EVEN THE PLAYER IS FASTER WITH QUANTUM DAMMIT.

• Official Post

PREDICT GHAST MOVEMENT?

They change directions every two seconds. By the time my mining laser gets to where it should have been if it continued to go forward, it had already moved in another direction. Plus, the mining laser has a terrible range. After several blocks it already can't 1-hit the ghast.
    PLUS, WHY THE HECK ARE LASER SLOWER THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE GAME? THEY'RE MADE OF LIGHT FOR "insert generic deity here"'S SAKE! Arrows are faster, snowballs are faster, fireballs are faster. EVEN THE PLAYER IS FASTER WITH QUANTUM DAMMIT.

I can predict Ghastmovement, its not so hard to do that.

I can also hit myself, with the Mininglaser if i turbosprint, while shooting. And IRL i must be Chuck Norris to do that.

• You can actually predict ghast movement? How? They change directions before the laser can even get to them...

As for the second sentence, you can see that I complain how the player is faster than the laser ^^.

• Official Post

You can actually predict ghast movement? How? They change directions before the laser can even get to them...

As for the second sentence, you can see that I complain how the player is faster than the laser ^^.

You already know that they change their direction every few seconds, so why dont you shoot directly after the Ghast turned or better while the Ghast turns?

• NEXT! This is basically a mining laser with faster and constant beam, with less functions.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• NEXT! This is basically a mining laser with faster and constant beam, with less functions.

gee you say it like its a bad thing :P

• Nanosabre + electric jetpack = dead ghast. That's my method of extermination.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Even if I wait until right after they turn, I still can't really hit them. The laser is simply far slower than a bow and arrow. Either that, or the range is terrible.