Lovebot?

• Official Post

We'll we have another spam bot, but it would seem this is specialized for love....

This is the email I got today.

Dear alexthesax,

binue22 has sent the following message from IC/MeC/M4D Forum (http://forum.industrial-craft.net:(
    Hi,Good Day!!!!!!
    My name is Binue, I saw your profile today at ( forum.industrial-craft.net) and was moved and become interested in you, I will like you to send me an email to my address (bbinue50@yahoo.com) so that i can give you my pictures for you to know whom i am.

I believed we can move from here? Remember colour or distance does not matter but LOVE matters allot in life). Reply me back with my email address (bbinue50@yahoo.com) hope to hear from you soon
    yours Binue!!

----
    cheers,
    your Support-Team

We'll all I can say is, Digital A Love Story Much?

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• I was this !..! close to emailing the bot lul.

good call not responding usually when these get a bite they flip in to spam mode (not that seeing you get spam bombed wouldn't be fun ^^ )

P.S. who ever designs these bots must have failed in marketing college(I'm not sure if marketing college is a real place)

EDIT: has any one told alblaka yet?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Guess I shouldn't have responded with several revealing pictures, my phone number, email address and availability. Gosh darn it, it seemed so legit!

:whistling:

• I got that shit too and looked at the Profile of that Bot.

I saw FenixR was there (And passinglurker), even if that Bot didn't posted anything (From where did they knew that it exists, if they weren't PM-ed too), so it was obviously a Spambot.

I say I got lucky I found the first posted complaint about it before it had gotten to me, and recognized what it was doing. after disabling forum email I simply looked up the profile in the member search to see if was spamming in any other ways

as we wait for alblaka to incinerate this bot we should make a forum game out of this or something :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

I say I got lucky I found the first posted complaint about it before it had gotten to me, and recognized what it was doing. after disabling forum email I simply looked up the profile in the member search to see if was spamming in any other ways

as we wait for alblaka to incinerate this bot we should make a forum game out of this or something :D

I have disabled E-mailing from other People then Friends or Admins directly after registering, so it had to PM me.

I think it was Spambot number 6 or did i forgot something. (that Modpackguy is not a Bot)

• Official Post

Rofl guys, we should figure out some sort of game for it :P

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• I got one and a report from someone who got one.

One of the spambots that hit us (the ice machine one) was quite hilarious, it harvested phrases from blogs to put before the link. Some lines were even from old posts on the BuildCraft blog.

• Rofl guys, we should figure out some sort of game for it :P

we'll do the "lets make up a game game" where we take turns making up rules and details I'll start.

RULE #1: EVERY ONE WHO GOT A MESSAGE FROM THE BOT IS CONSIDERED A ZOMBIE OR INFECTED OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT

• I see the lack of forum games in here. :P

your very observant. i guess since the bot got banned the game is over

• And how would you spread the virus?

And just had the craziest thought: How strong do you think the spam filter is on the spambot's email?

Not very...
    Idea: Set up fake email account, then set up bots to spam the bot. Counterspambot.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Not very...
    Idea: Set up fake email account, then set up bots to spam the bot. Counterspambot.

I used to use abuse -at- localhost.usps.gov for places I know never had a verification step and knew would spam the hell out of you.