[Suggestion] Torchgun, to enlight Caves with style

• Cave Johnson here, ever try to throw a torch? me neither. You know why? it lights things on fire. Things we don't want on fire, like expensive lab equipment instead of test subjects. That's why the boys down at the lab came up with this, the brand new Aperture Science Flameless Light And Radiation Emission Gun, or F.L.A.R.E. GUN. Just give it a steady supply of adhesive(Sticky Resin), then fire harmless light emitting devices at any range. Of course, they fall apart if you try to remove them, but who needs renewable light sources with technology like this at your fingertips? Use it to light caverns from afar, prevent monsters from falling on you, or make glowing graffiti of your favorite company logo! Cave Johnson, we're done here.

you sir are a genius, seriously your rank should be "awesome aperture science rep". UUM to you :Matter::Matter::Matter::Matter::D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• @Above: NO

Also, the sticky resin should be mixed with Glowdust to be able to glow in the first place (Without causing massive fires and shit), Range should totally not be infinite like i said before, And decay of these F.L.A.R.E. could probably motivate people to put a decent light source if they are planning to stay more time around those caverns.

• Official Post

@Above: NO

Also, the sticky resin should be mixed with Glowdust to be able to glow in the first place (Without causing massive fires and shit), Range should totally not be infinite like i said before, And decay of these F.L.A.R.E. could probably motivate people to put a decent light source if they are planning to stay more time around those caverns.

How about balistic range like the Bow.

And i wanted to shoot Torches, because of the fact that this Glowdustresin would occupy a BlockID.

• 4k block ids soonish, stop being so fucking cheap greg.

I think he is right. There's no sense implementing new IDs just to make "more realistic", to make new sprites etc ...
    Torch are already the good item for that.
    Maybe it will launch the stick too, and this one, covered with sticky resin/rubber will be planted in the rock ? (Okay, it's a very resistant stick)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• FenixR: party pooper :P

i say when you shoot the gun it will pull any light emitting block (torches, charged luminators, jack-o-lanterns, glowstone blocks) and a piece of sticky resin from your inventory (so if your saving those glowstone blocks leave them at home) its simple and it lets me pretend i'm hobgoblin :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

FenixR: party pooper :P

i say when you shoot the gun it will pull any light emitting block (torches, charged luminators, jack-o-lanterns, glowstone blocks) and a piece of sticky resin from your inventory (so if your saving those glowstone blocks leave them at home) its simple and it lets me pretend i'm hobgoblin :D

Sticky Resin + Any Lightemitter (Torch, Glowstone, Luminator?, Jack-Sparrow-O-Lantern, Mushroom (yes it glows), RP-Lamp, Glowstonelamp) as Ammo? Good Idea, now we can let Alblaka decide about it, because we got so many Solutions for the Gun. :D

• To clarify the F.L.A.R.E. GUN idea a little more:

1. Shooting torches is silly. They're not industrial, the fire could go out in mid-launch, and they would light things on fire if it didn't.

2. It would run off of just pure resin, or possibly a mixture of resin and glowstone dust if balance seems necessary. To balance this, you don't gain the light goop it shoots back when you break it off the wall.

Possible Recipe:

[Glowstone][Glowstone][E-Crystal]
    [Ref--Iron][Ref--Iron][-Circuit-]
    [-Nothing-][Ref--Iron][Ref--Iron]

• Maybe Al could add a function to the mining laser that takes up half the power of the mining laser and makes the block that it hit's glow for a minecraft day.

• Official Post

Maybe Al could add a function to the mining laser that takes up half the power of the mining laser and makes the block that it hit's glow for a minecraft day.

Heat-mode which partially melts the block making it glow forever, like lava, and when cooled by water turns into cobblestone.

• We already have a heat-mode on the mining laser. It smelts on contact or silk touches things like glass or smoothstone.

• shoot jack-o-lanterns :D their cheep, they protect the flame, and you don't need another block id

• or if the gun is electric it can shoot charged luminators