Balance The Miner [Suggestion]

• I think the Miner is a bit to "useful", and I think I found a way to balance it.

Maybe instead of getting you the whole ore. It would get you 2-6 nuggets (Always Random).
    9 nuggets = 1 ore.

Now that being said. Nuggets should be added. They are already added with RP2, I figure IC2 can also use RP2 nuggets or IC2 can make there own for those who don't want to play with RP2.

There should be 4 nuggets, Iron, Tin, Copper and gold although gold nuggets are already added in the vanilla.

Anything that is not an ore will be mined normally. So Diamonds, coal, uranium and redstone should not be affected.

What do you think?

• ITS WAFFLE TIME!
    i mean
    WHO DISTURBS MY SLUMBER!!!
    balance requires something to compare it against in ic2 the closest we have is mining by hand. Simply put its a well establish fact that the fastest and most economical way to get the ore you want is to grab a drill and mine it yourself the miner is just a convenience you pay through the nose for.

no useless nerfs :thumbdown:

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• -1 for what you suggest. I thougt to make a thread to allow player creating bigger miner for they have a larger area of mining and dure more time, because I think the miner is a bit useless as it is, because of the time you use to set the miner/pump/energy sources is very long compared too what you could mine during this time (I count the time for dismantling and I think the miner should be longer too work but should give youmore stuff when it's ended)

+ "nuggets" ? And no ore, so no macerator, no *2 ingot ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

NO!

It will make the Miner much more useless! The Thaumcraftbore and Redpowerframe-TBM's are already much better than the Miner! Nuggets? We are not going to copy Redpower, and making it mining them instead of maceratable Ore is stupid.

And why the hack are all Noobs wanting to nerf the most useless Stuff and to buff the most usefull Stuff?!?!?
    Here a few examples:
    - "Solar is OP you must nerf it": Its already the worst Generator of all.
    - "QuantumLapJetCF-Pack": Quantumchestplate is already a bit OP.
    - "Nerfz ze Wantumzuit": Quantumsuit is not that OP and USE PROPER SPELLING!
    - "Miner is OP": I already pointed it out.
    - "When does frikkn updat moddafuck'n Industcraft? cuz the iz anotha fuckn updat frm MC": And finally they are wanting to nerf down the Releasedates.

Colortroll trololololol

• don't forget "nerf windmills cause building above layer 200 is to easy",
    "buff watermills cause i misread my meter",
    "nukes give you to much eu nerf them",
    the generic "this isn't realistic do it like this[insert ridiculous turn ic2 into terrafimacraft nerf here]",
    and of course the classic "ADDZ A LIGHTNING ROD!" that is either super OP or has a 1in999999999 chance of ever generating eu.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

don't forget "nerf windmills cause building above layer 200 is to easy",
    "buff watermills cause i misread my meter",
    "nukes give you to much eu nerf them",
    the generic "this isn't realistic do it like this[insert ridiculous turn ic2 into terrafimacraft nerf here]",
    and of course the classic "ADDZ A LIGHTNING ROD!" that is either super OP or has a 1in999999999 chance of ever generating eu.

Trolled.

• Trolled.

don't care :P

• This just goes to show that you shouldn't take lessons in game balance from places like LoL or WoW... because it's obvious at how truly dysfunctional their styles of gameplay are when you apply them in 'better' games and game enviroments...

(no, that's not a troll comment, but a well placed jab... Go look at the Mist of Pandora talent tree bs to see an example of what I mean...)

The Miner is fine. Hell, I'm about to trade mine out for an Arcane bore, despite the fact that I can set it up off of only 6~7 blocks per site operation...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• This just goes to show that you shouldn't take lessons in game balance from places like LoL or WoW... because it's obvious at how truly dysfunctional their styles of gameplay are when you apply them in 'better' games and game enviroments...

(no, that's not a troll comment, but a well placed jab... Go look at the Mist of Pandora talent tree bs to see an example of what I mean...)

The Miner is fine. Hell, I'm about to trade mine out for an Arcane bore, despite the fact that I can set it up off of only 6~7 blocks per site operation...

I don't find anything wrong in trying to "Balance" a game that includes some sort of Player vs Player interaction, but trying to balance minecraft following the same methods and philosophies that LoL and WoW uses to do so its wrong on so many levels. Mostly because those 2 games are pretty defined in their Player Vs Player interactions, while minecraft its a clusterfuck of things you could do with another player that its not fun.

All in all any change to the miner is retarded so keep it like that.

P.S: Minecraft isn't exactly a "Better" game as you say it, nor is LoL and WoW the "Worst" games, Its just really different type of genres and Play styles that comparing one with the other its moronic.

Minecraft isn't exactly a "Better" game as you say it, nor is LoL and WoW the "Worst" games, Its just really different type of genres and Play styles that comparing one with the other its moronic.

God... you are so dense...

My point is that people you make ill-informed suggestions on the site are using other, less balanced games, as their justification for such suggestions in similar styles to the games that they are involved in. Thus, people who want to cry 'OP' are doing it from what they've experienced game balance to be from other games previous (which, needless to say, is quite shitty)...

Course you don't care to read in context so long as you can fire off an insult freely... ofc :evil:

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• In all my server wanderings, I have yet to see an Ic2 miner. If anything, BUFF the miner. Make it use less eu. Especially for the d-drill and ov scanner.

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• eh, my only complaint about the miner is that it never really fills in it's holes, leaving the underground area a royal mess.
    It's sorta why I prefer buildcraft quarries or thaumcraft bores.

• Yeah, I had a little problem with the bore and my underground minecart system, so I like miners, they only dig what you want, not everything else! :)

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.