Suggestion: Pneumatic Tubes for Personal Transport (PTPT)

• Name: Pneumatic Tubes for Personal Transport (PTPT)

Description: Remember going on those slides at playgrounds that were big tubes? Imagine that we could move people through such tubes, propelled by compressed air! At one end of the tube is an air compressor that pushes air through the tube, propelling anyone in it along at a fairly good speed (somewhere around minecart speed, perhaps faster). At certain points there are hatches that allow you to get in with a simple right click. You travel through the tube and come out at the open end of the tube. There's even the possibility of multiple compressors required for certain lengths of tubes.

Recipes:

Tube:
    :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:
    (G) ( ) (G)
    where (G) = Glass; makes more than one tube, perhaps two

Hatch:
    :Refined Iron: (H) :Refined Iron:
    (G) ( ) (G)
    where (H) is a trapdoor and (G) is glass. Makes one (?).

Air Compressor:
    Not sure what recipe it should be other than requiring a Compressor (obviously enough). Maybe a Wind Mill as well, for blowing.

• first i saw tubes and went "oh no, not again", then i saw personal transport, which is awesome!, 2 thumbs up :D. I like this, A lot. But i think the recipes would be better more like this maybe. Take a look.

i would suggest the recipe be something like this for the blower

:Refined Iron: :Cable: :Refined Iron:

:Cable: :Wind Mill: :Cable:

:Refined Iron: :MFE-Transmitter: :Refined Iron:

:MFE-Transmitter: =mv trans, not mfe

and an advanced one (faster?)
    :Refined Iron: :Coolant Cell: :Refined Iron:

:Coolant Cell: :Wind Mill: :Coolant Cell:

:Refined Iron: :Advanced Machine: :Refined Iron:

:Wind Mill: =blower, not mill

and maybe

:Uranium Ore: :Uranium Ore: :Uranium Ore:
    :Cable: MinecraftCow :Cable:
    :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT:

:Uranium Ore: = reinforced glass, :Nuke TNT: = reinforced stone, :Cable: = alloy plate, :Compressed Coal Ball: =carbon plate, MinecraftCow =open space :P

makes eight transport tubes

and

:Uranium Ore: :Compressed Coal Ball: :Uranium Ore:
    :Cable: MinecraftCow :Cable:
    :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT:

makes 4 hatches
    I would also suggest a "sled" for it.

:Uranium Ore: :Uranium Ore: :Uranium Ore:
    MinecraftNotch MinecraftNotch :Uranium Ore:
    where MinecraftNotch = minecart, :Uranium Ore: =reinforced glass

well, those are my thoughts, do with them what you will :D

• As far as the sled, I think perhaps not, since then it wouldn't be nearly that much better than a minecart rail system. This is designed so you don't have to carry minecarts around to go places; you just hop in and off you shoot. Another advantage of this system is that you can go straight up and down without pesky slopes and such. Otherwise, your recipes sound quite good - I'm generally not very good at coming up with machine recipes, only features.

Also, I would argue that the tube NOT be able to branch; since the tube will have to carry air pressure and a direction, branching might be difficult/laggy to code. Then again, cables are actually quite similar in some respects, where air pressure = EU/tick and direction depends on sources and sinks. For now, I'd suggest that tubes connect to other tubes only in a straight line or a bend, so you can run lines adjacent to one another.

• Who knows, i remember reading some kind of suggestion in the RedPower thread in the MCF, of a child who asked why steve could not be miniaturized and sended over the RP Tubes, and eloraam kinda loved the idea.

I have to admit, that's adorable!

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• I luv it!! :thumbup: Bt, as seen with boats, even 5 pages of +1s didn't get it added...

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• As far as the sled, I think perhaps not, since then it wouldn't be nearly that much better than a minecart rail system. This is designed so you don't have to carry minecarts around to go places; you just hop in and off you shoot. Another advantage of this system is that you can go straight up and down without pesky slopes and such. Otherwise, your recipes sound quite good - I'm generally not very good at coming up with machine recipes, only features.

Also, I would argue that the tube NOT be able to branch; since the tube will have to carry air pressure and a direction, branching might be difficult/laggy to code. Then again, cables are actually quite similar in some respects, where air pressure = EU/tick and direction depends on sources and sinks. For now, I'd suggest that tubes connect to other tubes only in a straight line or a bend, so you can run lines adjacent to one another.

well, the sled was just an idea, but what do you think of my recipes? << wow i need to read closer :P

• kinda sounds like a low tech wired teleporter

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I don't care if this were to be implemented in Vanilla IC² or added as an addon. I WANT THIS.

Full support. +infinity

I like the recipes.

• HMASUDS HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA- The insanity of me when I get stuck in eternity because it ran out of power half-way through.
    /on topic I believe that teleporters are enough for transportation needs.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• *imagines steve flying through a tube*

Hmm kinda like a Railway Mk2...

+1 But I just use railcraft lol

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5