VOTE: Tekkit servers on the server section

• and maybe the MCforums should ban all ic2 servers we have our own forum after all right? also last i checked no major ic2 server ran vanilla or even bukkit vanilla ic2 and ic2 is usually paired with at lest 2 other MAJOR mods

i think measures to separate them better should at least be tried before we kick them out

Maybe if MC forums would not be dedicated to the entirety of minecraft they would. Besides this is the IC2 forum not the MCforum, this forum don't need the same rules or be the same like that one if the administrators doesn't want to.

• I changed my vote to No mods at all. I do agree with GregoriusT that mod packs would be better serviced by the relevant modpack forums, as long as people are properly informed of this policy and provided with the necessary information.
    Singling out tekkit for this is both rude and counterproductive.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

• so it sounds like its going to be compromise #4

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• We aren't trying to get rid of the tekkit users (Yet), we just want the server section to be fully devoted to IC2 Servers (Standalone or with a few extras mods) and not to Tekkit Servers which from what i gather are usually filled with way too many useless mods.

They also have their own forum where they can post the clusterfuckness they call tekkit servers so they should post them there, you don't see IC2 people posting their servers there right?

I 100% agree with Greg and Fenix on this issue. Technic/Tekkit has it's own forum, and things should be discussed there. Also, any other "Modpacks" should also be banned, unless they are designed for use on that server and include IC2 as a major part. So, IC2, Redpower and Tubestuff is fine, but Technic, (Again, because it has it's OWN forum and has many mods) shouldn't be allowed. The same logic could also apply to a server running: Portal Gun, SDK's Mods, Buildcraft, Redpower, Equivalent Exchange, Recipe Book, Shelves, Armor Stand, a custom world generator, and oh, yeah, IC2 as well.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• so what harm does listing modpack servers here do again?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• yes but what damage is done by letting tekkit servers list here? its not like we are swamped by a sea of tekkit servers that make it impossible to find a non-tekkit one

• Well you can see the "good" any thread with the word "Tekkit/tecnic" in the title gives to this forum. Just accept it, we have a bunch of "tekkit/tecnic" haters (Including me) around here and limiting the usage of that word will save ourselves from some future flaming/flame wars.

Afaik this is a forum made by IC2 Devs, for IC2 Fans to talk about IC2 Related stuff.

• so the harm is that their presence turns you into a flame happy rant-demon? if you ask me that sounds like a personal problem

• Official Post

I 100% agree with Greg and Fenix on this issue. Technic/Tekkit has it's own forum, and things should be discussed there. Also, any other "Modpacks" should also be banned, unless they are designed for use on that server and include IC2 as a major part. So, IC2, Redpower and Tubestuff is fine, but Technic, (Again, because it has it's OWN forum and has many mods) shouldn't be allowed. The same logic could also apply to a server running: Portal Gun, SDK's Mods, Buildcraft, Redpower, Equivalent Exchange, Recipe Book, Shelves, Armor Stand, a custom world generator, and oh, yeah, IC2 as well.

Whats so bad about a custom Worldgenerator, Shelfes or an Armorstand? These are just minor Tweaks, to make the Server a bit diffrent/nicer looking from other ones.

Mods are like Symbols in a Mystcraftbook, if you have too many of them, then they will lead into "corruption", like EE-abuse or other massive Disbalancement, and that destroys the Fun and therefor the Quality of a Server.

Oh and if you combine any Mod with Redpower, then its already not the major mod (especially when its fully released), but fact is, IC² is the only reason for automation, without it you would just autosmelt everything and that is.

So we should make a Rule against Servers with too many Mods, an example for these rules could be:

IC² of course
    3 other Mainmods (RP, BC, EE, Portalgun and Thaumcraft (when it updates to the Mod-API-Version of MC) are Mainmods for example) ~Tekkit will fail right here~
    a few usefull Addons to these 3 Mods (like NuclearControl, Tubestuff or LogisticPipes) ~also definetly here~
    1 Terrainmodifiing Mod (Mystcraft or BetterVeigns for example)
    Simple DecorationMods (Shelfes or Armorstand, but no massive overhauls, because then you can use RP-Microblocks for that)
    No must for ClientsideOnly Mods to join a Server (The TekkitLauncher makes it impossible to remove ConvenientInventory for example) ~and especially here~

• All other servers which have had a modpack that didn't have permissions for the mods they have contained have gotten deleted expect for the tekkit servers. I see no reason to handle tekkit differently than the other modpacks, so that's a "no, they belong in their own forums" vote from me.

• Sorry, the only mods I use are IC2 and Redpower (So, I don't know many others), but your criteria works much better.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• This forum's main problem is assholes, focusing moderator efforts into removing them would make a lot more good than removing tekkit servers.

And for the record i don't even play SMP.

• Since Tekkit is a vial pack I would see it highly inappropriate to be allowed to be even posted here under servers. Now if you had a section for general mods and stuff that is kind of cool I mean most here use more then just IC but tekkit to me is just vial :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• This forum's main problem is assholes, focusing moderator efforts into removing them would make a lot more good than removing tekkit servers.

And for the record i don't even play SMP.

B-b-b-b-b-b-but i follow the rules D:

No really i do, and last time i checked being an asshole wasn't against the rules.

• Official Post

This forum's main problem is assholes, focusing moderator efforts into removing them would make a lot more good than removing tekkit servers.

We need those stuttering "Assholes" (people, who are smashing some things down for a GOOD/LOGICAL reason), to keep this Forum clean from people, who cant even read the Rules.

At least we have no "Douchebags" (people, who are smashing anything down for NO reason), like the Technicforummoderators, in our Forum.

• for his safety i hope he means more than just FenixR cause no noob goes directly up against FenixR and lives wins (users like MagusUnion can take FenixR on but they are not noobs)

also the social norm is if your going to be rude and blunt you better be sure you know what you are talking about(but hey no one is perfect even fenixr screws up sometimes(at which point we stab him in the back... repeatedly... with a chainsaw :Chainsaw::D ))