Weather/Lightning and Implementation

• I use the Quickreplyfunction the First time and i see actually FOUR (of FIVE) Threads, which are about LIGHTNINGRODS in the "Similar-Threads-Box".

This is my Favorite one Link, it explains why that Suggestion is so bad.

Could i point out something that you ALL seem to be forgetting... This is NOT ONLY about lightning rods, this modifies the lightning algorithms, adds realism to grounding currents and insulation, surge protectors to protect machinery, etc. You all flock to the little phrase "lightning rod" and attack it blindly without even reading anything else. So dont post if your not even going to read. Oh and again, thanks for another bump

• We all know that the lightning rod is place and win, but I would like an Add-On that can make epic storms, just for teh lulz.

• Lightning rod threads are very successful around here, always full of posts. Let me include my pointless post.
    OP's title translation is "I end foot. Is a computer programmer.". Thanks for your time.

• Lightning rod threads are very successful around here, always full of posts. Let me include my pointless post.
    OP's title translation is "I end foot. Is a computer programmer.". Thanks for your time.

1. Let me laugh at your failed attempt at google translate. Its a name not "i end foot." Google translate doesnt know anything about casual speech in japanese. 2. None of you ever read. Its not "Place and win" considering the EU generated is quite small and the point of the lightning rod and lightning lines would be to stop the current from destroying the machines on the lines. 3. It wouldnt be epic storms, they would occur just as infrequently as they do now, however lightning would actually not strike randomly. 4. This is actually rather amusing, seeing how many people will blindly flame a thread based on 2 words and not actually read anything other than those two. Thanks again for the bumps

• 1. Let me laugh at your failed attempt at google translate. Its a name not "i end foot." Google translate doesnt know anything about casual speech in japanese. 2. None of you ever read. Its not "Place and win" considering the EU generated is quite small and the point of the lightning rod and lightning lines would be to stop the current from destroying the machines on the lines. 3. It wouldnt be epic storms, they would occur just as infrequently as they do now, however lightning would actually not strike randomly. 4. This is actually rather amusing, seeing how many people will blindly flame a thread based on 2 words and not actually read anything other than those two. Thanks again for the bumps

I was not actually attacking your post. As you say, I was "bumping" and I'm really like to know the meaning of your title btw.

• Dont know if i necessarily believe that your that interested in what it means but in the chances you are it translates as 私は (I am) 足期末 (ashitsuki) and the second half is just a very casual way of saying that im a programmer. Ill give you 2 cookies at least for even reading something that wasnt the words "lightning rod"

• Dont know if i necessarily believe that your that interested in what it means but in the chances you are it translates as 私は (I am) 足期末 (ashitsuki) and the second half is just a very casual way of saying that im a programmer. Ill give you 2 cookies at least for even reading something that wasnt the words "lightning rod"

You're getting a little defensive... Most of us here are willing to offer you support, and would use this Addon/Mod if you made it...

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• forgot to mention that you have to add the word [suggestion] to your title to keep the archive organized should this thread be moved there

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• here are your freaking lightning rods!

[Addon][SMP][IC² 1.106 & 1.107][V1.38a] GregTech-Addons: Taking Industry to a whole new Level!

- industrial alarm howls -
    - incoming dragon lord!! -
    - facility destroyed -
    - " dragon lord " good ridden lightning rod suggestion -

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Did we seriously just revive a four month old thread just to say that?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• looks like it yes.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

Oh cmon... i've read that this post were revived, and want to give my word about it :
    I only agree with uninsulated cables -> water power loss (it is too unrealistic [even in MC] to power cables run directly underwater and lose no energy due it.)

• looks like it yes.

Good enough reason for me!

/GregTech advertisement

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I'd make the lightning lines/lightning rods 100% superconducting, and lightning producing 1,337,000,000,000,000 EU/p, to prevent lightning capture.