Suggestion: Miner improvement.

• I like the new miner, but there are some problems with it.
    1) Sometimes it is difficult to find out pipe depth and so on. Old miner had an information bar, which was very useful (fo example, you can determine when the pipe has reached the lava)
    2) Can you let miner take the items from the chest? For example, if there are some pipes in the chest, first, miner will use that pipes, and after that - pipes from pipe slot. Same with the cobblestone and so on. It may be useful when you mine from the elevation about 80-90.

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Well, may be it isn't a smart idea, but I'm too lazy to dig special caves for the miners.
    About cobblestone, I'm usually using it to extract pipes, because I don't like leaving the loooong wells in the ground.

By the way, thank you for the response ~_^

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• I actually prefer withdrawing pipes, then digging 1 block down next to the miner, put 2 cobble into the big hole and then move the miner as usual :P

How does the miner compare/differ from the quarry in BC? Is it just like the BC mining well?

• How does the miner compare/differ from the quarry in BC? Is it just like the BC mining well?

I think, it is better than quarry, unless you need a lot of cobblestone... Miner can mine (lol) all goods from the 9x9 area, and it does it much faster than quarry. It is energy-hungry, but it doesn't require 11 diamonds...

I actually prefer withdrawing pipes, then digging 1 block down next to the miner, put 2 cobble into the big hole and then move the miner as usual :P

Yes, but now i have TONS of cobblestone, and i have no idea, what i should do with it... So, filling those wells is the usage ^__^

• It depends on the scanner. With the OD scanner miner mines 5x5 area, and with the OV scanner - 9x9. It is SO AWESOME! Yaaay!

• 2) Can you let miner take the items from the chest? For example, if there are some pipes in the chest, first, miner will use that pipes, and after that - pipes from pipe slot. It may be useful when you mine from the elevation about 80-90.

Yep, +1
    It would take only one slot of the chest. And it isn't hard to code? O-Mats in IC1 have same system.

Yep, I am from Russia, and yep, my english isn't good enough...
    So if.. if you dare to laugh of me, I.. I will find you and destroy with all our Soviet nuclear bombs, bwahahaha!
    Naah, I'm just kidding ^^ ... not. :|

• Yep, +1
    It would take only one slot of the chest. And it isn't hard to code? O-Mats in IC1 have same system.

If I'm not mistaken, it would be difficult as the code would tell the miner to look adjacent to itself, and then IF it finds a chest, scan it's contents for the pipes.

But, on the same token, if a system like the Magic Chest mod were to be used, the miner could look for a specific slot in the chest and if pipes are there, use the extra pipes.

I could be wrong though...

• Excess resources you say?
    Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you: The Recycler.
    Turns anything and everything into useful scrap.
    But ya, I've always loved BC Quarries for all the cobblestone it gives you.
    It's great for my recycler factory :D

• Now there are no scrapboxes, and you can't craft Mass Fabricator, so, that scrap is useless.
    And yes. Miner is for the resources, quarry is for the cobblestone/sand and so on.

• Alblaka: It could be fairly useful with cubic chunks – imagine mining down more than 2000 (or with the extended Version: down to y = -2^16 :D)

There would just have to be a way for keeping all these chunks loaded – this could also come in handy for normal worlds, so the base 1000 blocks apart from yours keeps generating energy, for example. :)

• Now there are no scrapboxes, and you can't craft Mass Fabricator, so, that scrap is useless.
    And yes. Miner is for the resources, quarry is for the cobblestone/sand and so on.

I suppose you hold a point.
    Though even with the loss of scrap boxes, I would still bank all that cobblestone for I finally gets a mass fab.
    Mass fabs eat through scrap, but it's worth it for the ridiculous energy savings.

• I actually prefer withdrawing pipes, then digging 1 block down next to the miner, put 2 cobble into the big hole and then move the miner as usual :P

I prefer to do things properly XD but that's just my preference

And BTW I LOVE cobblestone! it is just so useful for everything I Hesitate in recycling it even i rather use sticks as 1 wood essentially = 1 scrap