[Suggestion] Need for a metering system for IC2 energy

• I run a small humble server and need an add-on of some sort to meter power consumption of the players of said server. One of my Co-Admins has tried using various mods to somehow meter the EU's, but to no avail, Due to the way all of the other mods work, there is no way currently to monitor real-time usage of power. if someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it a lot.
    Thanks from the Humble Pimp

• set out a trade-o-mat and 1:1 trade electrolized watercells for regular watercells then count how many regular watercells you get back and multiply that number by how much eu it cost you to electrolyze one cell

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• set out a trade-o-mat and 1:1 trade electrolized watercells for regular watercells then count how many regular watercells you get back and multiply that number by how much eu it cost you to electrolyze one cell

Yes it's a good way too, but it's a handable way of selling energy, it's not working with cable ...

But Electric Meter has already been suggested, one more last week ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I agree. You can create a way of sending power if an operator is online, through use of some timer system to send the ammount of power conatained in one energy unit stored in a central facility. And you could possibly set it up to just sell off a full storage unit (MFE probably) worth of power to a single person. It would still require operators though, which is a bit annoying. Maybe adding some form of system that uses a similar thing to the trade-o-mat to sell power off to a single home based on an item used to pay for it, such as uranium, diamond, iron dust, etc.

• How are the users consuming power? Are you looking for an overall statistic of how much power is produced and used across the server? Or are the users using power from a public power plant or something similar and you need to know how much they use?

• Would just work with Redstone-O-Mat (I already suggested it) + Timer (or Vanilla equivalents, if you do not have RP2) + Splitter Cable + Detector Cable (Assuming you know about EU/t).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• The only issue is that with that idea, you would need to rig up an extremely complicated delayer to be able to know that exactly the right ammount has been sent, and it wouldn't be dynamic, so you would be losing money because it can't stop the timer when power isn't in use, unless you use the RP one. However, not all people like to run it, and it does have some added things to learn how to do that may become annoying.

• ok here is an idea you will need the following
    1) 2 batbox's
    2) 3 batpaks
    3) 2 filters
    4) some tubes
    5) a counter
    6) red allow wire

you'll have to work out assembly but the concept is you use tubes to pass a charged batpak from a batbox on generator side to a bat box on the machine side and back and then count the number of times the batbox runs out

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• How are the users consuming power? Are you looking for an overall statistic of how much power is produced and used across the server? Or are the users using power from a public power plant or something similar and you need to know how much they use?

I want a single block that measures the power rating and the power consumption of a user. I have a big nuclear power facility and people need to get power from that. And a gui to read all of this info

Owner:
    EU/T rate: i.e. 32 eu/t
    EU/T usage:
    and a reset button for the owner

• I haven't looked into it much yet, but doesn't the new version of nuclear control add energy storage meters? Not sure if they're usable to actually charge for power but it'd be worth looking into.

• Use either a computercraft or RP2 computer to monitor the time in ticks that the redstone current from a detector cable is active (check for redstone each tick, then add one to a variable) and then multiply the variable by your eu/t on the cable, then it's a simple matter of calling that multiplied variable to the screen.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Use either a computercraft or RP2 computer to monitor the time in ticks that the redstone current from a detector cable is active (check for redstone each tick, then add one to a variable) and then multiply the variable by your eu/t on the cable, then it's a simple matter of calling that multiplied variable to the screen.

I have a RP2 Computercraft ace on my server and he has tried that so many time and it does not work....

• Energy-O-Mat re-added in the latest update

That should cover what you need i think.

• Does the Energy-O-Mat have the same function as back in IC1?
    If so, it's not really useful, as you'll probably have to buy energy in bulk as you only get 4000 EU per purchase.
    Maybe an interface for you to set the Energy-O-Mat output will be useful, or just have multiple versions of the Energy-O-Mat, 10 000 EU, 100 000 EU, 1 million EU and 10 million EU.

• Does the Energy-O-Mat have the same function as back in IC1?
    If so, it's not really useful, as you'll probably have to buy energy in bulk as you only get 4000 EU per purchase.
    Maybe an interface for you to set the Energy-O-Mat output will be useful, or just have multiple versions of the Energy-O-Mat, 10 000 EU, 100 000 EU, 1 million EU and 10 million EU.

An interface to set the amount would be lovely. Being only able to sell 4000 EU in one trade is very limiting (Like, I'd like to sell a couple million EU to someone for a single uranium ore/ingot, since I can easily turn that uranium into about 28M EU)