[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Greg, I found what you mean about bronze doubling with centrifuge, but honestly, instead of disabling that recipe why not nerf / remove your centrifuge recipe?
    Early bronze is extremely useful for tools and easy to make, this nerf doesnt make much sense.

Change your centrifuge recipe to 3 tiny piles of copper and 1 tiny pile of tin and whola, everything adds up even no loss no gain.

• Minecraft crashes whenever I try to load up the recipe of the Plutonium Cell in NEI, could it be that I'm using a faulty version of NEI/Chicken Core?

Log is added as an attachment:

Files

Sadly as soon as 1.5 happens, all Thorium/Plutonium Reactors will be obsolete, as I will switch to another System regarding produced EU (to remove the hack into the IC²-Config). Also I will then nerf Thorium by 50%, and make it less useful for Breeders (as that change reduces Pulse Count). Plutonium however, will be twice as good for Breeders after that change.

What could this mean?

• Official Post

Greg, I found what you mean about bronze doubling with centrifuge, but honestly, instead of disabling that recipe why not nerf / remove your centrifuge recipe?
    Early bronze is extremely useful for tools and easy to make, this nerf doesnt make much sense.

Change your centrifuge recipe to 3 tiny piles of copper and 1 tiny pile of tin and whola, everything adds up even no loss no gain.

Try to use the Mortar to create Bronze. Its as early as Forestry available, but produces half the Bronze.

Minecraft crashes whenever I try to load up the recipe of the Plutonium Cell in NEI, could it be that I'm using a faulty version of NEI/Chicken Core?

Log is added as an attachment:

Rendering Errors like that, are almost always CB's fault. Updating/Downgrading NEI will most likely solve it.

• found out that the reason the forestry bronze recipie does not work is because of this mod. i love your attentional content but really this messing with other peoples mods has got to stop! make it an option disabled by default by all means but not on by default!

tried to build a macerator ...you had changed the recipie, closed game went to config found where you changed it and disabled it and other changes to ic2 recipies

later on needed an ironblock... i need a compressor!? closed game went to config found where you changed it and disabled it and other changes to vanila recipies

after searching for an hour before work to find out why i cant make bronze with my prefered method with no luck and planed to file bug report with forestry dev i find out you have changed that too! means when i get home i have to hunt for that change too!

here is my suggestion if you have to mess with other mods stuff A tell us in big bold what mods you have changed and b make it optional with default to NO, a big easy to use option at the start of the config "allow my mod to change otherpeoples mods and vanila recipies = true/false"

it is starting to be that the bad of the mod is outweighing the good which is a shame as your stuff adds great end game content

• YOU did not read ANTHING about this thread/mod/main post?? that's what the mod about! (and use NEI for the recipies instead of "research" for hours...)

• Official Post

here is my suggestion if you have to mess with other mods stuff A tell us in big bold what mods you have changed and b make it optional with default to NO, a big easy to use option at the start of the config "allow my mod to change otherpeoples mods and vanila recipies = true/false"

Lol, 80% of the Stuff is changing other Stuff. If there is any exploit, then I remove it if its relevant. The Foretry Bronze is not only exploitable with IC², its also exploitable with Thermal Expansion. I had to remove it as I dont like getting infinite valuable Stuff from exploits.

@Argument A: YOU OBVIOUSLY CANT READ BIG RED LETTERS, WHICH ARE EXPLAINING THAT I CHANGED RECIPES, BY LETTING YOU READ THE Q/A, BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING HERE!!!
    I know about the Irony that you cant read the text over this sentence.

@Argument B: That would autodisable 90% of my Addon => No. All Features are enabled per Default, unless they make things too OP.

• Lol, 80% of the Stuff is changing other Stuff. If there is any exploit, then I remove it if its relevant. The Foretry Bronze is not only exploitable with IC², its also exploitable with Thermal Expansion. I had to remove it as I dont like getting infinite valuable Stuff from exploits.

@Argument A: YOU OBVIOUSLY CANT READ BIG RED LETTERS, WHICH ARE EXPLAINING THAT I CHANGED RECIPES, BY LETTING YOU READ THE Q/A, BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING HERE!!!
    I know about the Irony that you cant read the text over this sentence.

@Argument B: That would autodisable 90% of my Addon => No. All Features are enabled per Default, unless they make things too OP.

i added greg tech for the end game content, the fusion reactor the lightning rod etc, it is getting annoying to keep having to disable the changes you make to other mods. I have not exploited forestry bronze, i use its recipie...i like its recipie! when i get home i will now have to go through you config again find that change and disable it, which ill be honest is getting annoying, i understand changing recipies in your own mod for ballance but in other peoples ? you have now doubled the expensive of all forestry bronze needing recipies from what they should be.

thats not fixing an exploit thats changing another mod.

• thats not fixing an exploit thats changing another mod.

Except for the whole part where it is fixing an exploit.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Greg, I have an idea to satisfy the people who dislike some of the features of Gregtech. I am not included in this pool, but that is not relevant. Would it be reasonable for you to make a version of Gregtech with just the new content, and none of the recipe modifying?

• Greg, I have an idea to satisfy the people who dislike some of the features of Gregtech. I am not included in this pool, but that is not relevant. Would it be reasonable for you to make a version of Gregtech with just the new content, and none of the recipe modifying?

Or much more simply, add a config option to turn every recipe modification off at once

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

That could give Gregtech a bad reputation (lots of exploits, for example), and require a LOT of refactorization and maintenance (two branchs). Maybe turning off the recipes in the config?

• Jeezz alot of whiners here lately. If you so dislike how Gregorious is doing things, uninstall and go away.

Gregorious, you are doing a great job, just ignore these <Bleep>'s :thumbup:

• Jeezz alot of whiners here lately. If you so dislike how Gregorious is doing things, uninstall and go away.

Gregorious, you are doing a great job, just ignore these <Bleep>'s :thumbup:

this is the thing, the stuff he adds is awsome, the fact he is modifying existing recipies of other mods is not awsome

untill i found out the forestry change CAN NOT be turned off in the config i felt the awsome out weighed the bad.... im now giving it more thought as enforced changes of other mods is majorly not cool.

i get you like the mod, i get you dont like people saying bad things about your favorite mod but it doesnt mean i dont have a valid point or that i should just delete it (though thats the thought going through my mind right now)

if he just had an option in the config as otheres have said "my new items etc = true/ false" and "changes to vanila and other mods recipies = true/false" then it wouldnt be an issue
    i did not add gregtech mod for the creator to police all the other mods, i added it for the cool end game stuff.

in short additions he adds = awsome
    messing with other recipies = bad
    ,essing with other mods and making it enforced ie no way to change = bad x 1000

• Official Post

That could give Gregtech a bad reputation (lots of exploits, for example)

This.

I add Endgame Content to make Endgame more exiting, but I also make it harder and still more realistic to achieve (what is a very good thing, if you know about the sense of Life and that Stuff). I honestly wont make things easier, just because of some irrational complaints. Is it really soooo hard to take twice as much Copper/Tin, just to get Bronze? I have absolutely no Problems with that, as Tin and Copper Ore are way too abundant anyways. I actually use the Bronze Pickaxe (In combination with the Jackhammer) very often earlygame, so I know what I'm talking about.

and require a LOT of refactorization.

Not really. I have just two Functions, which add Recipes. 1st is the postload-Function, and 2nd being the OreDictionary-Handler (And that thing is a HUGE Block of Code). Oh moment, I forgot the automatic handling of Dust->TinyPileOfDust and backwards Crafting, but that doesnt really count.

I know about complaining people, but most of them are irrelevant for me, as their complaints are just not justified.

untill i found out the forestry change CAN NOT be turned off in the config i felt the awsome out weighed the bad.... im now giving it more thought as enforced changes of other mods is majorly not cool.

What do you not get about EXPLOIT? If the forestry recipe was left in, with the centrifuge in as well, it would become a source of INFINITE copper and tin.

• messing with other recipies = bad
    ,essing with other mods and making it enforced ie no way to change = bad x 1000

I do not see how changing existing recipes is a bad thing. Rebalancing/Increasing difficulty is THE major part of what Gregtech is all about.
    Gregorious did you a favor of allowing you to disable certain aspects of his mod through configuration, but he was certainly not required to give you that option, be glad
    that you can tweak how the mod functions. Note that some changes without configurable enable/disable switches may yet get those in later versions, whining about it will make Gregorius ignore you even further.

• What do you not get about EXPLOIT? If the forestry recipe was left in, with the centrifuge in as well, it would become a source of INFINITE copper and tin.

then that is an issue with his centrifuge not forestry and thats where the fix needs to be, ok fair enough easyer just to nerf some one elses mod, but atleast make it optional.

• then that is an issue with his centrifuge not forestry and thats where the fix needs to be, ok fair enough easyer just to nerf some one elses mod, but atleast make it optional.

Do you want options to make infinite materials????? what kind of gameplay is that? "creative mode" may suit that requirements...

• Actually that's an issue related to different amount of bronze you can get from IC2 recipe and Forestry recipe..and GregTech is only adapting by using reverse IC2 recipe... If you see the wiki, IC2 also have recipes of bronze which is used for things like the wrench and mixed metal ingots.

The original recipe of IC2 only give 2 bronzes instead of 4 (from forestry recipe).. now the problem comes... which one should we disable.. Because if you enable both no one in their correct mind will use the IC2 one..Is there any better solution for this? Forestry is pretty balance with the 4 Bronzes per 3 Coppers+1 Tin.. and I honestly never use IC2 recipe for bronze, since I have to save the copper/tin dust to make bronze dust and then smelt it again which is pretty annoying..but I still have to say that disabling the forestry bronze won't change much of gameplay, since I turned on world gen of copper and tin for both Forestry and IC2....