[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• After updating my server to the latest version, the computercube works fine but if I right click on it with anything in my hand the server crashes with a (recoverable) NPE and I get kicked.

• Maybe you saw Cinnabar (from Thaumcraft 3), it's pretty similar to Bauxite..

Yep, ore pattern is the exact same but if you look closely, TC3 cinnabar ore is indented. It's the same thing with vis-infused ores.

• Official Post

The cloaking device is a a great addition to the game, but not only for players but for ops. Is there any chance you might be able to include an duplicate item (OP CLoaking Device) that will not use energy if you are the server op. Currently there are no mods that give good invis and this is a great alternative that does work. It just runs out way to quickly for an op when I have to do my rounds. I usually fill my inv and swap constantly.

Just a suggestion but would be quite useful. Much like the qauntum generator from advanced solars which gives ops unlimited EU for demonstration needs or what have you, or the Item duplicator in MineFactory I believe it is.

Good Idea. I think I will add a cheaty Version of it.

- Energy Flow Circuit for just 1 Plat vs 4 iridium ore seems a bit cheap. The recipe is just to elementary at this point I could make tons and tons of stacks.

Its 1 Platinum vs 1 Iridium. they are both useful in Circuits. Btw, did you know that Thermal Expansion now adds Nickel and Platinum too?

- Titanium is a tad rare not the worst thing ever like Chrome and not sure what you consider it vs chrome but its still pretty rare depending on the users biomes to get bux.

50% of the Biomes I know of have Bauxite. I usually have craptons of it, before I start making a Factory.

- Once again Lithium you have made it a LV source but it's used in a MV component for literally every recipe from MFE's to Mining Lasers. It stores more energy then the MV Lap Pack. But yet you keep using it as an LV Pack. I think it's time to switch her into a MV.

Its LV, because otherwise you cant use it to power the Miner and other LV-Machines. There is no other Way around.

After updating my server to the latest version, the computercube works fine but if I right click on it with anything in my hand the server crashes with a (recoverable) NPE and I get kicked.

Moment, with anything in your Hand!?! But it doesnt Crash if you have nothing? Did that happen multiple times? I have no Idea what happened there.

• Then i'm going to see if dire will try gregtech in his world (not in the pack though, that will anger many people) is there a way to proceed in gregtech without any of the spawned ores?

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Official Post

Then i'm going to see if dire will try gregtech in his world (not in the pack though, that will anger many people) is there a way to proceed in gregtech without any of the spawned ores?

Titanium could make Problems, if you dont make a Massfab before the update, but otherwise all should be fine. Also he has Mystcraft, so he can mine the Stuff there too.

• Titanium could make Problems, if you dont make a Massfab before the update, but otherwise all should be fine. Also he has Mystcraft, so he can mine the Stuff there too.

He would have the most up-to-date version if does not add it to the pack, no?

• Official Post

Titanium could make Problems, if you dont make a Massfab before the update, but otherwise all should be fine. Also he has Mystcraft, so he can mine the Stuff there too.

Get a scrapmachine running and you have titanium, chrome and everything else but iridium. Iridium can be mined in the nether anyway

• @ the antimatter suggestion.

Antimatter is useless for power generation, as it costs more energy to make than you will get out of it. This is due to the fact that the energy you get out is mainly due to the rest mass energy, which was supplied by your production facility in the first place. Then your generator is not going to be 100% efficient, so the antimatter ends up losing more energy than it creates.

The only energy related use for antimatter is a portable, very high energy density device, such as a bomb. Note that fusion is actually a better power supply for spacecraft propulsion, as the fuel is more easily stored (i.e. Highly compressed tanks of D and T), as opposed to the extreme difficulty in storing the needed large amounts of antimatter.

• Can you remove the Metallurgy Electrum recipe? It is added before GregTech's and only gives 1 dust.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Good Idea. I think I will add a cheaty Version of it.

Its 1 Platinum vs 1 Iridium. they are both useful in Circuits. Btw, did you know that Thermal Expansion now adds Nickel and Platinum too?

50% of the Biomes I know of have Bauxite. I usually have craptons of it, before I start making a Factory.

Its LV, because otherwise you cant use it to power the Miner and other LV-Machines. There is no other Way around.

Moment, with anything in your Hand!?! But it doesnt Crash if you have nothing? Did that happen multiple times? I have no Idea what happened there.

I don't know how to do fancy quotes ;) But Platinum I have 40 stacks and about 4 stacks of iridium ore. All other ores in other mods are disabled including Thermal Expansion.

Yeah the Bauxite was not to bad just wanted to state how it was going.

The Lithium is used for powering Miners? Odd I use Lap Crystals myself its an option in the IC Config.

I still think the end stuff is very op.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Moment, with anything in your Hand!?! But it doesnt Crash if you have nothing? Did that happen multiple times? I have no Idea what happened there.

It was definitely a repeatable thing at the time, although it isn't happening now. The computer cube was the only thing it was happening too, and it was only when I had something in my hand. I'll let you know if I can get it to happen again.

• It was definitely a repeatable thing at the time, although it isn't happening now. The computer cube was the only thing it was happening too, and it was only when I had something in my hand. I'll let you know if I can get it to happen again.

I had a similar problem with redpower timers. I wonder if they are related?

• Official Post

Can you remove the Metallurgy Electrum recipe? It is added before GregTech's and only gives 1 dust.

Metallurgy adds way too much Stuff to Worldgen, I think the unintended nerf is good for that sake. :P

I would give you a release right now, but I changed tons of Stuff in regards to OreDictionary-Unification, so I don't know If I accidently broke Recipes. But I added now a Config to determine into which Mods Ingots/Dusts/Gems, the Stuff gets converted. Options for that Feature are Forestry, Railcraft, Redpower and Thermal Expansion inside the Config, you could enable all at once with no Problem (this is very handy, when you update your World to a newer MC).

Oh and the ULTIMATE CHEAT ARMOR will also be Part of said Update, and ofcourse only be obtainable via Cheats.

• The Problem with RP2-Gems is that I do not want to disable them. I would rather like to see them being seperate objects. So that I can't use Gregs Gems for RP2-Gemtools or RP2-Gems for the Fusion-Reactor and such. There spawn-rate is just too different to make them interchangeable. And the problem is I have no clue if I might need that much Gems later.

Me too, also for silver (Factorization vs GregTech/TE), lead (ditto) and bronze (Forestry vs IC/everything else).
    Perhaps when I'm back home I should see if it would be possible to make a config that lets you remove certain items from the ore dictionary.

For those of you arguing about gems, use the custom ore generation mod.

I used that mod to make ore generation more realistic, you can use that mod to make the gems rarer or whatever so it's not unfair.

I've tried that on a private server, but it looked way too complex to configure with custom ores, so I didn't use it.

Few things I wanted to share with you Greg now that I have had a lot of time to dig into the mod:
    - Chrome seems to be a bit rare more rare then say iridium and for sure platinum. Redstone takes to much and Ruby requires a special biome and it seems the ruby has seems slightly nerf since the first time using the mod.

It takes 6 stacks for a HAMB, which is a lot but isn't that much when you have automated miners. (Although I've mined about a solid 100x100x12 chunk down near bedrock by now)
    With RP2 rubies it's suddenly a LOT cheaper.

- Platinum seems pretty special resource, Downside is I'm getting it way to often to the point I would say 10 to 1 iridium. Not sure if you wanted it that high but I feel like processing Sheldonite with merc cells really make to much for what it can do.

Haven't tried mining it since the rarity changed, and our server admin doesn't want to reset the end again, but 4 ore:1 iridium still seems like too much. If it was my choice I'd make it not give iridium at all, just make it replace iridium in some of the crafting recipes (like circuits already are)

- Energy Flow Circuit for just 1 Plat vs 4 iridium ore seems a bit cheap. The recipe is just to elementary at this point I could make tons and tons of stacks.

Energy Flow Circuit is probably too expensive anyway.

- Sheldonite in the end... Most overpowered resource in the game. Nerfing it would make life shitty since you don't get much but iridium and 12 plat per 4 ore. That is pretty frigan insane... But rather then nerf the ore I think we should change game world mechanics in the end... I don't think you should be able to in anyway fly with a normal jetpack... I think you need a special upgraded one that might work a bit better in the main world and that works like a normal one in the end.. I think we need something very end gameish to make this pack... So the only way to get around in the end is to make long long cobble structures or work on this new jetpack.

Turtles, that is all. Platinum shouldn't be that valuable IMO anyway, since it shouldn't give you iridium directly from the ore.

- Titanium is a tad rare not the worst thing ever like Chrome and not sure what you consider it vs chrome but its still pretty rare depending on the users biomes to get bux.

Titanium is easy-ish, if you're in a Plains or Forest biome. I don't like how several ores are biome-specific, it makes it even harder to choose a location for your base and doesn't really give you a choice of biome (you MUST settle near Plains or Forest, or you can't get aluminium). It also makes it really really hard to get rubies, since then you need to find Plains/Forest near Desert. Consider beekeeping biomes as well and it's almost impossible.

- Once again Lithium you have made it a LV source but it's used in a MV component for literally every recipe from MFE's to Mining Lasers. It stores more energy then the MV Lap Pack. But yet you keep using it as an LV Pack. I think it's time to switch her into a MV.

Yep, that makes no sense.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().

• Greg, i hope your taking a break on christmas, if you dont want to take a day off then make a halographic christmas tree and presents.