[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I don't know how well it would work server wide, but you could find GregTech items, write them down, destroy them, then spawn them back in when the world updates.

Unfortunately the server I play on the server admin is a "legit-nazi". He'd rather we/he lose the resources that spawn them (inb4 you ask: I play on there because of the community and stability of the server.)

• Unfortunately the server I play on the server admin is a "legit-nazi". He'd rather we/he lose the resources that spawn them (inb4 you ask: I play on there because of the community and stability of the server.)

I like the sounds of this Admin. Something I really stand by myself. Glad there is other sensible admins out there. I doubt there is that much of a loss anyways. Better then saying wipe the server like most do on a major update or a promise when Dec 1st comes up :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I came here because that a lot of users is doing a discussion about if the FTB modpack should keep GregTech. A lot of the users are complaining about how it changes the IC2 recipes, IC2 balance and IC2 gameplay. I try mention that a lot of this can be changed in the configs.

I recommend checking this thread out. Just wanted to let you know.

BTW oh hi Kane and and Electro, i see you are working on updating the server to 1.4.2.

• Couple suggestions.

Use for Rotten Flesh (aside from eating it in a pinch that is), these seem to be piling up even though I don't go out killing that much.

Additional use for slime ball, since 1.4.2 I have a lot of slimes in the swamp near my base. (I though they were supposed to spawn closer to bedrock....)

And maybe an electric item collector for mob traps. Basically translocator but with one side sucking items in from the world. (for those of us that don't have build-craft installed)

• Additional use for slime ball, since 1.4.2 I have a lot of slimes in the swamp near my base. (I though they were supposed to spawn closer to bedrock....)

I assume there is already one --> Slimeball to resin or something like that.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I assume there is already one --> Slimeball to resin or something like that.

Slimeball --> to 2 rubber in an extractor

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

I came here because that a lot of users is doing a discussion about if the FTB modpack should keep GregTech. A lot of the users are complaining about how it changes the IC2 recipes, IC2 balance and IC2 gameplay. I try mention that a lot of this can be changed in the configs.

I recommend checking this thread out. Just wanted to let you know.

I read most of it. I suggest the use of an "Easy" Config and a "Normal" Config, to let newcomers not stumble into too much difficulty (which i have set to default). And disabling my Mod Serverside is easy, just remove it out of the Server-Modsfolder and you are finished. And to all those Statements about being unfinished: Yes, I am not finished with this, i just dont label it as "Prerelease" like Eloraam. I'm currently working on a better Low-Tech-Tier with Bronze, after i made the "Electric Itemsucker", which just got suggested.

And to that Guy who doesnt know about IDSU and Chunkloading: The IDSU doesnt save its stored Electricity in the Chunkdata, it saves it in a seperate File, in your Savegame.

• Hey there Greg. :)

Good call on the electrum - just one request for you - please register as "dustElectrum" so that we can maintain compatibility - I have no idea why IC2 registers dusts with non-standard names.

Also, just a heads up for you, since I understand that your tweaks to the Macerator make it quite a bit more expensive, I'm adding an option in my config file to do the same to the Pulverizer. Obviously, it will be incumbent on the user / server admin to enable it, but if they're adding GregTech, they should know what they're getting into.

Nice work btw, I'm a fan.

-KL

• Official Post

Dont worry about Dustregistration. Every Mod (including IC²) which is registering Dust as "itemDust", will get a re-registration with the "dust"-prefix, as long as my Addon is installed. Also i register my Dusts as "itemDust" too, BUT guess what happens if i do (it re-registers as "dust"). That way my Dusts are compatible with both conventions even though the itemDust-Naming is stupid.

Also i got the Electrum-Idea from your Mod, so you can guess that i've already made mine compatible with Thermal Expansion (and Metallurgy).

I even add Xycraft-Crystals to my Dusts (as thats not released now, i have to wait, but i have all the other Recipes i wanted for them).

• Greg, what is the box with the dust shadow in the rock breaker for?

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech