[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• One thing that can be done for crossover receipe :

- Do the receipes anyway.
    - Put a config part :
    "Crossover settings :"
    "(Do not enable theese receipes until mod author officialy aggreed so)
    "RailCraft_crossover_receipes_enabled=false"
    "AnotherMod_crossover_receipes_enabled=false"... and son on

Then you tell people to ask the agreement before using this receipes.

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• I used Google translate, but I think you are asking how to reserve input slots for specific items?

Try using an Advanced Translocator with the item you want in the filter slots. Or use an Electric Sorter which will also filter specific items into an inventory.

• I am having issues with the new reactor items that gregtech adds, does anyone have a list I can use to design a reactor using the new items??

There is a reactor planner mode in the GregTech-Computercube. It lets you design and simulate reactor cycles at high speed. It includes all the new reactor components and fuels.

FYI you must power the Computercube to get the simulator to work(Use LV or it will explode). Plus you can save reactor designs to Dataorbs.

• Kinda late on this whole Soaryn discussion thing, but I agree with the dude. While many mods strive to make a completely new game out of Minecraft, they can usually be installed together for better or worse gameplay experience. There is some competition between some mods (like tubes in RP and pipes in BC, electricity in IC2 and RP), but mostly that doesn't change the way each mod plays by itself. There are even some mods that allow other mods to work together (Transformers to link BC and IC2) or expand on other mods (like many smaller mods made with IC2 or BC in mind). But what Greg does is entirely different.

Because Greg RAPES the original IC2 recipes by default. There is a config for that, of course, so it's not that big of a problem (for most of us, at least), but I wonder who or what gave Greg the right to decide what is the best way to play IC2. It's actually very kind of him that in his infinite benevolence Greg gave us the mighty config to disable raping IC2 recipes. [See the sarcasm? It's right there... :thumbup: ]

The UnregisteredGuy brought a very valid point for this discussion before, so I'm not gonna repeat his words. Suffice it to say that I agree with Soaryn and the UnregisteredGuy.

Hey, Soaryn. Do you, perchance, like apple pies? And I mean much? 8)

• I dont really understand why so much hate... If you dont like the mod you dont need to install it, if you dont like parts of gregtech in particular then change them in the config.

And as far as interfacing with other mods, the only uses so far has been the ability to use other mod items for gregtech recepies.
    Generally speaking if mods dont have a good way to become interoperable with other mods I end up not playing them, and i think gregtech and plugins for forestry really make a good addition and makes everything feel a whole lot more connected and enjoyable.

And as far as anyone giving him the right? No one because he doesn't need it, he made his mod so he could play it how he wanted to and isnt forcing his style of play on anyone. If he was on the IC2 team and just started implementing stuff that would be a different matter but as it is a 100% optional addon I feel the argument is moot.

• I am unable to craft the nuke. And I can't look it up in NEI(I think this part is intended).

I'm using the dropbox image for reference but I can't be 100% certain on the required items:
    4 x Re-Enriched Uranium Cell
    2 x Uranium Block
    2 x Advanced Circuit
    1 x Advanced Machine Block
    Is that right?

I have tried swapping the Re-Enriched Uranium Cells for Plutonium, Uranium Cells, and Near-Depleted Uranium Cells. I know a previous recipe used Plutonium cells. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Official Post

Found a bug. If you break any of the center Casings on a completed casing structure it of course turns the light red on any attached Grinder. When I put the block back the Grinders do not turn green. I have to break another block(any casing besides a center) and replace it before the light will turn green. I have tested every side of the Casing Structure and it's repeatable.

I originally discovered this while getting screen shots of the water source block in the middle. I had to break the top center and made a mess trying to figure out why the Grinders were not updating when I put it back. Does this have to do with how the Grinders attach to the Casing structure only on those center blocks?

Hrrm, no Idea what is happening there.

The only importantish one i see here is the manganese, as the ore will not grind in the industrial grinder (works in normal macerator fine)
    2012-11-17 23:06:30 [INFO] [STDOUT] Dust Name: dustManganese
    2012-11-17 23:06:30 [INFO] [STDOUT] Dust Name: dustHepatizon
    2012-11-17 23:06:30 [INFO] [STDOUT] Dust Name: dustDamascus Steel
    2012-11-17 23:06:30 [INFO] [STDOUT] Dust Name: dustAngmallen

Thanks, but why is that Manganese, ooooh, i forgot to add the Dusts but not the Ores. And Steel is already added.

This is really lame that now I have to show ID. If I really have to I will.... but again incredibly lame

Sorry, but it wasnt me, who said that you are maybe not Soaryn.

I remove ("//" it away) anything what is having to do with your Crystals, as you are really doing a Way of "en-dusting" them yourself.

Hi!, what kind of lang file codification do you use? because I try all the common ones and the game change the character ñ to a little box...

Not a really good one obviously.

I'm not sure if this is intentional. Machine casings are completely immune to explosions(almost, explained below)

I changed a few Resistances in the regular Blocks. Obviously there is somewhere a *5 in the Minecraft-Code, which I've overlooked.

I used Google translate, but I think you are asking how to reserve input slots for specific items?

Try using an Advanced Translocator with the item you want in the filter slots. Or use an Electric Sorter which will also filter specific items into an inventory.

Advanced Buffer would be better in that Case.

I wonder who or what gave Greg the right to decide what is the best way to play IC2.

Nobody, thats why you can play IC² without needing GregTech, so its 100% your Decision.

I have tried swapping the Re-Enriched Uranium Cells for Plutonium, Uranium Cells, and Near-Depleted Uranium Cells. I know a previous recipe used Plutonium cells. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, there is another Recipe with Plutonium Cells. (if these are enabled)

• I dont really understand why so much hate... If you dont like the mod you dont need to install it.

"Don't like it, don't use it" is not always a good reason to not complain.
    Would you rather have a good mod that you use, or a bad mod that you don't use?

And as far as interfacing with other mods, the only uses so far has been the ability to use other mod items for gregtech recepies.
    Generally speaking if mods dont have a good way to become interoperable with other mods I end up not playing them, and i think gregtech and plugins for forestry really make a good addition and makes everything feel a whole lot more connected and enjoyable.

Sure, but adding most-likely-unbalanced recipes for a not-yet-released mod is a waste of development time and user confusion ("How can I get these dusts?")

And as far as anyone giving him the right? No one because he doesn't need it, he made his mod so he could play it how he wanted to and isnt forcing his style of play on anyone. If he was on the IC2 team and just started implementing stuff that would be a different matter but as it is a 100% optional addon I feel the argument is moot.

I don't see why it's a problem if the IC2 team adds stuff like this to IC2, but not if the Gregtech "team" adds stuff like this to Gregtech.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• "Don't like it, don't use it" is not always a good reason to not complain.
    Would you rather have a good mod that you use, or a bad mod that you don't use?

I understand what you are saying, personally I like the extra challenge that gregtech adds with the default settings and yes i would rather use a good mod. But in the same breath its almost impossible to please everyone.

Sure, but adding most-likely-unbalanced recipes for a not-yet-released mod is a waste of development time and user confusion ("How can I get these dusts?")

I do sort of agree here as well, I guess i felt that the response from what was as yet a not used addition was slightly over the top is all.

I don't see why it's a problem if the IC2 team adds stuff like this to IC2, but not if the Gregtech "team" adds stuff like this to Gregtech.

I dont think i explained myself here too well, if the IC2 team decides to change the mod however they like is fine, but their should always be a bit of back and forth between team members, if 1 person started to just change things because they thought it would be a bit of fun things could get out of hand. As greg is his own team on his own project it seems fine that he is able to add new things or mod original IC2 as the original IC2 files are not changed.

In my last post i may have been a bit broad and sweeping in my strokes, I am a bit tired of seeing "Solarpanels are too hard" or "Macerator is too hard" considering it takes all of 5 minutes more to get a few diamonds or setup some Silicone cell production. You already hit diamond level when looking for redstone.

• Did you alter the mechanics for Nuclear Reactors? Using the builds from the forum for "Vanilla" IC2, results in them blowing up when run in the ReactorPlanner. Also, as someone else suggested, changing the GUI so you don't have to click through all the different components, would make the Planner a lot easier to navigate and use.

• Did you alter the mechanics for Nuclear Reactors? Using the builds from the forum for "Vanilla" IC2, results in them blowing up when run in the ReactorPlanner. Also, as someone else suggested, changing the GUI so you don't have to click through all the different components, would make the Planner a lot easier to navigate and use.

What type of fuel are you using?
    What is the plan you are using, does it contain condensers?

• Official Post

Lol, Team. If the Community decides to "randomly" help one Person, then its not really a "Team", as I usually work alone at the Addon.

Btw. I got contacted by the Author of ID-Resolver, and I decided to remove the "Anti-ID-Resolver-Code" in Version 2.08b, at the risk of everyone else, even if it SHOULD now work completly safely since 2.06a.

• What type of fuel are you using?
    What is the plan you are using, does it contain condensers?

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…bgl6w1ji05xfatmk8eg04cmbk
    Was trying a few different ones, all of them seemed to go nuclear on me after a short while. Though, just downloaded the new version (No clue what version number it is, since the file has no indication of such) and tried to re-create it, seems to have corrected itself, so I can't recreate it after updating.

• So just got another small problem and it is again the mining-drill.

I figured out recently that the mining-drill is very far back in the tech-tree. I Actually mine in Full Nano (well + Lappack) with a Mining-Laser because I have no drill. I just haven't found a Netherfortress. So I decided to go the alternate route towards a Blast-Furnace. I put 16 Stacks of Redstone-Dust inside the Centrifuge which gets me 16 Endereye-Dust, which then creates 8 Blazepowder.

Unfortunatly you need 9 Blazepowder for 34 Blastfurnace-Bricks, so I would have to waste another 16 Stacks of Redstone. Would you mind changing the production of centrifuging 16 Endereye-Dust to 9 Blazepowder and 7 Enderpearl-Dust if you don't want to remove the Steel requierement of the Drill or introduce another method of getting Blaze-Powder/Rods?

It just feels incredible strange to being able to build almost anything but not the mining-drill, since only the electric tools really require Steel as a ressource.