[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I talk about quantimchest. And i ask add config option to use alternative recipe for it.

From what I understand we started talking about storing liquids. Greg said you use a quantumchest to create that infinite liquid "chest" and some people said it's too cheap and should be more expensive. You said using UU to create iridium for the chest is too easy and mining would be harder and more balanced. I disagreed and told mining is both faster and cheaper than using UU.

Did I misunderstand anything there?

• I'm still think that Quantum Tank should be expensive that Quantum Chest, but if Quantum Chest recipe will be changed, i'm admit with simply craft Quantun Tank from Quantum Chest.

Mining maybe cheaper that UU, but it prevent creating quantum chest from air (sun or another infinity source of energy).

Why i want made quantum tank expensive? You can run single pump and drain lot of chunks of water from ocean or lava in Nether. Before you limited by maximum capacity of tanks.

• @SphaxTextures: Now that I have changed the Textures of Machine Casings, I wait until you finished that.

they are done.
    Everything is done but guis (which are being worked on). Also something maybe you could look into, the nei guis (or at least the fusion reactor one) don't pull from the texture pack folder.

Also a heads up, you can make an electric crafting table using an electric crafting table in 1 recipe lol.

I agree with mistaqur that the quantum tank should be more expensive than the quantum chest, and by a lot too. The thing that balances the quantum chest is that theres so many blocks you could put in there, over 100 with just vanilla. With liquids there aren't many at all in comparison. Using tons of mods that add liquids theres about 30 or so which is nothing compared to blocks. I'd like to see with the quantumchest and quantumtank maybe not allowing items to be deposited or taken out unless there is power (or maybe just requiring some power for each item deposited or taken out).

• Mining maybe cheaper that UU, but it prevent creating quantum chest from air (sun or another infinity source of energy).

Now that I can understand and this is exactly why I've been playing with infinite water removed since 1.2 and have never used either solars or EE for making things out of nothing. I also think that GT fusion plant is waaay-OP but I haven't got anywhere near getting enough resources to build one.

Though I'd still say that creating UU-matter is not quite taking it from thin air as you'll need a lot of energy and scrap. To get that scrap you'll generally either build some kind of a farm or stripmine junk to burn into scrap. Having the mining operation take place in a different dimension with a chunkloader + portals + railcraft (or underground/over ocean if you don't like mystcraft) is pretty close to the same as "out of thin air" to me. I'd even dare to say that actually mining the stuff for a chest would be cheaper + faser than using UU to make it.

Why i want made quantum tank expensive? You can run single pump and drain lot of chunks of water from ocean or lava in Nether. Before you limited by maximum capacity of tanks.

I actually have built a full 9x9x8 RC tank without cheating anything in relatively short amount of time. It can store a little over 10k buckets worth of water. For pratical purposes this is pretty close to same as infinite assuming you have a way to automatially fill it and actually use it for something.

Did you know you can already disable individual UU recipes from Gregtech config? Iridium is one of them. Disable that and magially everything is much more balanced :)

[edit]
    Then again the point pcmaster160 made about there being far fewer liquids (for now) than blocks is quite valid. On the other hand building a diamond chest is relatively cheap as well and each holds 108 stacks. That is close to 7000 items assuming stacks of 64. Similarly size railcraft tank for liquids costs a LOT more and also takes signifiantly more space in world. It does look much better, though. That's for sure :)

So perhaps making the liquid "chest" more expensive is a good idea but I don't think it should be that much more expensive. For one thing there is a quite limited amount of pipes you'd be able to connect to it compared to railcraft meaning you won't be able to input/output all that much liquid.

• Official Post

@Electrolyzer-Issue: READ THE Q/A!!!

@Quantum-Tank: Okay, i will make it more expensive. Btw. I plan to add a special type of (very rare End-located) Platinum into the World, to use it for the highly advanced Circuitry (as Iridiumplate-Replacement).

Did you know you can already disable individual UU recipes from Gregtech config? Iridium is one of them. Disable that and magially everything is much more balanced

Or just this.

@Texturepack: Oh I forgot the NEI-Textures.

• Btw. I plan to add a special type of (very rare End-located) Platinum into the World, to use it for the highly advanced Circuitry (as Iridiumplate-Replacement).

(very rare End-located)

End-located

8| NOOOOOOOOOO! Why did I have to kill the enderdragon!?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• If you want use chest as storage for liquid, you need liquid container first. For water you can use water, but for lava you need tin cells\refractory capsule. You can get capsules back only in few recipes (squeezer have 5% to return tin ingot).

Btw, you can't get Platinum from quarries\turtle, because it require "Iridium Ore" which can be obtained only with Silk Touch.
    UPD: just read message before, it will be fine.

GregoriusT
    So, can you change Quantum Chest recipe to require something from Platinum? And leave quantim tank recipe as is.
    Also, can you add grinder recipes for "MonazitOre" to craft "ForciciumItem" and something else? And please add Ender Pearl to Scrapbox Drop (i always disable crafing recipe from UU-matter, because i want obtain it from Ender Bee, but it will be fine if i get some chance to get it from Scrapbox).

UPD: don't forget update NEI, because this. (It is not NEI repository, it is my mirror, i use it to look changes between version).

• Btw, you can't get Platinum from quarries\turtle, because it require "Iridium Ore" which can be obtained only with Silk Touch.

You can if you use some other mod that adds it to the world. E.g metallurgy allows you to turn on and off individual ores that it adds and it does add platinum that seems to have roughly similar rarity to iridium.

• Hey, i started a new server and near the spawn point is a big plains biome (i play with large biomes) but i can't find any bauxide.
    Im usin the latest forge version, latest gregtech, ic2 1.109, compact solars 3.1.2.17 and tf2 teleporters 1.4.5a.
    I tried the same level seed in ssp with the same result. In the config files all worldgen options are true.

The only thing i found in the console was this: "CONFLICT @ -17 item slot already occupied by ic2.common.ItemBlockrare..." but only there and not in any log file.

Am i doing something wrong?

• Hey, i started a new server and near the spawn point is a big plains biome (i play with large biomes) but i can't find any bauxide.
    Im usin the latest forge version, ic2 1.109, compact solars 3.1.2.17 and tf2 teleporters 1.4.5a.
    I tried the same level seed in ssp with the same result. In the config files all worldgen options are true.

The only thing i found in the console was this: "CONFLICT @ -17 item slot already occupied by ic2.common.ItemBlockrare..." but only there and not in any log file.

Am i doing something wrong?

Did you delete the original world? Mod ores don't spawn in the chunks that are initially loaded when Forge is loaded.

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

you already had to, to get the mining laser it requires end stone dust.

You could do it with glowstone, and I don't have a mining laser yet. ;(

• The only thing I'm really pissed off about is chrome, it's such an arseache to get, it's ridiculous. I think Greg should add another way of obtaining chrome.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• The only thing I'm really pissed off about is chrome, it's such an arseache to get, it's ridiculous. I think Greg should add another way of obtaining chrome.

Sphalerite ore and an Industrial Grinder, it takes a crapload of garnet, but you can get 2 chrome dust from 448 Sphalerite ore... Upon further inspection, that's actually quite a lot.

• Why is this glitch(?) happening?

I logged out for a moment because my memory was getting a bit high and upon logging back into the server, all the progress is gone from my centrifuge. I know it's still there, but it's rather annoying not knowing how much longer the process is going to be.

• now that the grinder can take liquids, any chance of making mercury a liquid? then i can stick the stacks and stacks of it i have into a RC or quantum tank

Forge plans to make anything that is considered a liquid able to be put in the world, like coolant or honey.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech