[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Quote from Elessar_Elanesse

1. it's his mod and he doesn't have to add anything if he doesn't want to. You can request and beg all you want and it's very unlikely to change the mod makers mind. It's also entirely up to the mod maker to decide if he wants to add the ideas or implement them to the mod. In this case he's refused so stop trying to beat that dead body with a stick.

Aluminum lol... well it's a very common metal in the world so... it has so many applications many of which noskk covered. Really if you got crap tons of aluminum make use of it instead of wasting all that refined iron to craft stuff :p at most you should only be using it to construct certain blocks now. Also if you got so many... well... smelt it and then turn it into storage blocks especially if it's taking up too much space

I DIDN'T say he MUST implement something. His behavior tells that he didn't even read the suggestions and ignored them.
    Also I have like 16 stacks of Al dust, can't really bother to smelt all of that due to electrolysing so much ruby dust.

I'm so close to Making Fusion(TM):
    Can't wait 8o

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

Edited once, last by SteveofDoom ().

• V2.53b:
    Changed the Way Iridium Plates are produced. Now needs implosion Compressor.
    Fixed java.lang.NullPointerException at gregtechmod.common.tileentities.GT_MetaTileEntity_Quantumtank.saveNBTData(GT_MetaTileEntity_Quantumtank.java:39)

New crash somewhere else same setup (pumping all liquid out of a quantum tank with BC pipe ) :

http://pastebin.com/wrJF5s6m

and yes this happened with version 2.53b, I checked mcmod.info in the zip. Also put down a totally new quantum tank for the test.

• Official Post

I DIDN'T say he MUST implement something. His behavior tells that he didn't even read the suggestions and ignored them.
    Also I have like 16 stacks of Al dust, can't really bother to smelt all of that due to electrolysing so much ruby dust.

I read all Suggestions and Posts. But If I think there is nothing good at them, then I very likely forget to reply.

I'm so close to Making Fusion(TM):
    Can't wait 8o

It would be a Dickmove to apply the new larger Fusion Reactor Design right now. XD

/jk its planned for MC 1.5 or a week before that.

http://pastebin.com/wrJF5s6m

and yes this happened with version 2.53b, I checked mcmod.info in the zip. Also put down a totally new quantum tank for the test.

Oh yes, then I forgot the Container of the GUI. You actually got two bugs at once. Congratulations.

• It would be a Dickmove to apply the new larger Fusion Reactor Design right now. XD

*Insert "You don't say" face here* No shit, Sherlock.
    I don't know why would you make it larger because getting the chrome and tungsten was a complete arseache and I wouldn't like to do more.
    I macerated and electrolyzed 54 stacks of rubies and used up so much power that it's impossibru to even measure it.

Anyways, I don't know what's the point in Making Fusion(TM) because you already have much more energy than you'll ever need, I assume that the Fusion Reactor is right now all about "Because I can". Hope to see some extremely power hungry machines soon :D

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

• Official Post

I meanted: what's the byproducts we get with ?

Slag of Thermocraft, uhhm I mean Thermal Expansion.

*Insert "You don't say" face here* No shit, Sherlock.
    I don't know why would you make it larger because getting the chrome and tungsten was a complete arseache and I wouldn't like to do more.
    I macerated and electrolyzed 54 stacks of rubies and used up so much power that it's impossibru to even measure it.

The Coils would be cheaper then. But the Coils you already crafted would have been a waste of Chrome.

Anyways, I don't know what's the point in Making Fusion(TM) because you already have much more energy than you'll ever need, I assume that the Fusion Reactor is right now all about "Because I can". Hope to see some extremely power hungry machines soon

Yeah sure, soon (TM).

• Clarke's Three Laws are three "laws" of prediction formulated by the British writer Arthur C. Clarke. They are:
    When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

TC3 is out, just curious to see what you might have planned in relation to it.

• Did you mean stoichiometry? Even from vanilla mc, the game is not that realistic.. For example who IRL can make a diamond block just using a table and 9 diamonds lol..

Of course, I just thought that English translation in that case was simple ;). It is a little bit embarrassing that I made this mistake, considering number of chemical papers I read in English. About realism, there are many unrealistic things in Minecraft (torches from coal, diamond tools, floating blocks, etc.), but it is usually good for game mechanics, however if only tech mods work well with TFcraft...

What game mechanics does producing of compressed air cells in electrolyzer add? Why add hydrogen cells when there are already electrolyzed water cells? Why would anyone produce methane, but if you really want that, why don't simulate Fischer-Tropsch process (with possibilities to make BC fuel and many other simple hydrocarbon materials). I'm not even sure that burning of coal in hydrogen atmosphere would work. Bauxite processing could for example require heating to get Al2O3 and then subsequent electrolysis in molten phase (two modes of electrolysis, water based and liquid phase could be a good addition). You wouldn't ever make K2CO3 from raw potassium, but from KOH, making metallic potassium for this purpose would be terrible waste of energy.

Edit: I'm not saying that separation of compound to elements is impossible, but it is very expensive and impractical. Chemistry is mainly about reaction of compounds in specific conditions having thermodynamics in mind, not just combining of elements.

• What game mechanics does producing of compressed air cells in electrolyzer add? Why add hydrogen cells when there are already electrolyzed water cells? Why would anyone produce methane, but if you really want that, why don't simulate Fischer-Tropsch process (with possibilities to make BC fuel and many other simple hydrocarbon materials). I'm not even sure that burning of coal in hydrogen atmosphere would work. Bauxite processing could for example require heating to get Al2O3 and then subsequent electrolysis in molten phase (two modes of electrolysis, water based and liquid phase could be a good addition). You wouldn't ever make K2CO3 from raw potassium, but from KOH, making metallic potassium for this purpose would be terrible waste of energy.

Edit: I'm not saying that separation of compound to elements is impossible, but it is very expensive and impractical. Chemistry is mainly about reaction of compounds in specific conditions having thermodynamics in mind, not just combining of elements.

We know. But that's fun. I like the way Gregs machines works, because they give you a lot of byproducts, so you can enjoy your industrialization even more.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• One thing that I would really like is that Greg makes an Electric Disassembler, a machine that will disassemble given items into their crafting components. Disassembling wouldn't be cheap for some super expensive items as their crafting recipe is really complex and it takes time to tear something that's complex apart. I would personally make the disassembly of a Fusion Coil cost 10-20kk EU and for something simple like a Circuit about 10k EU.

• One thing that I would really like is that Greg makes an Electric Disassembler, a machine that will disassemble given items into their crafting components. Disassembling wouldn't be cheap for some super expensive items as their crafting recipe is really complex and it takes time to tear something that's complex apart. I would personally make the disassembly of a Fusion Coil cost 10-20kk EU and for something simple like a Circuit about 10k EU.

Useless. And it would break components while processing I guess.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I know it seems unrealistic, just imagine that these Industrial Centrifuge and Electrolyzer are Magic Boxes;

offtopic:
    It will be cool if there's a mod that specifically implements these RL reactions like using different chemical reactors(continuous or plug), T/P sensors, T/P requirements with heat exchangers/compressor, real coolant, gas/liquid inlet+outlets, different catalysts, processing the waste of the reaction, quality control, post and pre treatment of products and sources.... of course first you need to design the reactor and stuff...and then you have different simulators for different reactions..

• Official Post

And it's nothing when you didn't installed TE ?

As of now its nothing. But I will add some kind of dark Ashes, which can be used to create Slag and regular Ashes (Forestry).

Clarke's Three Laws are three "laws" of prediction formulated by the British writer Arthur C. Clarke. They are:
    When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

TC3 is out, just curious to see what you might have planned in relation to it.

To be honest. I dont want to tinker too much with Thaumcraft. The Mod is awesome, but its waaay too Magic for my Addon.

however if only tech mods work well with TFcraft...

I tried to add compatiblity with it, but the installation alone ended in a massive Chaos.

What game mechanics does producing of compressed air cells in electrolyzer add? Why add hydrogen cells when there are already electrolyzed water cells? Why would anyone produce methane, but if you really want that, why don't simulate Fischer-Tropsch process (with possibilities to make BC fuel and many other simple hydrocarbon materials). I'm not even sure that burning of coal in hydrogen atmosphere would work. Bauxite processing could for example require heating to get Al2O3 and then subsequent electrolysis in molten phase (two modes of electrolysis, water based and liquid phase could be a good addition). You wouldn't ever make K2CO3 from raw potassium, but from KOH, making metallic potassium for this purpose would be terrible waste of energy.

Thats the Magic of TECHNOLOGY.

I plan to add many Machines to the Game, but as of now, splitting things in Centrifuges and Electrolyzers is the best Way.

It will be cool if there's a mod that specifically implements these RL reactions like using different chemical reactors(continuous or plug), T/P sensors, T/P requirements with heat exchangers/compressor, real coolant, gas/liquid inlet+outlets, different catalysts, processing the waste of the reaction, quality control, post and pre treatment of products and sources.... of course first you need to design the reactor and stuff...and then you have different simulators for different reactions..

So a Reactor-System for Chemical Reactions? Something for the FUTURE.

• another random idea: making carbon plates IRL requires mesh AND some form of epoxy or plastic resin, in your "make everything a littlel(lot) harder. i suggest that making a raw mesh to require 2 raw fibres and 1 resin. ( or 3 rubber). probably keep it shapeless,