[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Edit : GregoriusT : losing tin in the process? why not making 6 Methane cells yield 4 H cell , 1 carbon cell and one empty cell instead of losing one cell when crafting C and H together?

Use autocrafting table, and you don't lose tin.

• I'm pretty certain that's in the config

What I meant was to use aluminum to craft cells and get twice as many from using it as opposed to tin. In hindsight, I wasn't clear that both of my suggestions were for aluminum usage. But yes I'm aware of the setting in the config.

• you can get chrome from redstone if i'm not wrong, but it takes enormous amounts of redstone.

Your a bit wrong, you get ruby dust from redstone but again as you said you need enormous amounts of redstone in order to make a difference.

Granted once you get a quarry or two running getting redstone is easy though sure not as effective as silktouch mining... (gee makes me want a quarry that had a silk touch upgrade)
    same goes for all other materials you need.

• Does the implosion compressor require any casings below it? I think it does, but in what shape? And where does the compressor go?

Thanks in advance for any answers! :)

• Does the implosion compressor require any casings below it? I think it does, but in what shape? And where does the compressor go?

Thanks in advance for any answers! :)

Yes it requires standard and reinforced casings, I believe it's explained in the left side schematic in the GUI of Implosion Compressors so better check it out :) ..

• LOL my entire supply of platinum ores disappear after mining because of stuff. Heck use a little redstone to make mercury cells and throw them into a industrial crusher and put those ores in gives me 3 dusts instead of 2 turned 5 stacks of platinum ore into 15 stacks platinum dust. That's a lot of iridium which most of went into making the reactor room I made in my house. Entire lapis supply disappeared cause I've been making blocks for the LESU and I think most of the lapis I get will be going into making a set up for the 1 billion storage, that's a lot of lapis... lol

• Official Post

LOL my entire supply of platinum ores disappear after mining because of stuff. Heck use a little redstone to make mercury cells and throw them into a industrial crusher and put those ores in gives me 3 dusts instead of 2 turned 5 stacks of platinum ore into 15 stacks platinum dust. That's a lot of iridium which most of went into making the reactor room I made in my house. Entire lapis supply disappeared cause I've been making blocks for the LESU and I think most of the lapis I get will be going into making a set up for the 1 billion storage, that's a lot of lapis... lol

Did you use Lapis Blocks or Lazurite Chunks for the LESU? If you process Lapis into Lazurite, then you get many byproducts, which could be useful. So you make out of a Stack of Lapis (7 Blocks) 48 Lazurite (6 Chunks).

• That's what I've been doing, lazurite dust, you save 1 lapis by using the lazurite dust into compressed form, 8 lazurite dust into 1 chunk as opposed to 9 lapis in a block. I'm all about efficeny of how I use my resources :D major OCD on that, gotta make most use out of a resource.

• Official Post

Yes and no!

The world loads normally, but NEI doesn't show any items or blocks, and if you try to search items on Creative, Minecraft crashes!

Which "latest" Version do you have? Chickenbones updates nearly as fast as me.

V2.53e:
    Fixed Nuclear Fuels and their 5x Output of EU.
    Fixed some minor Bugs.
    Made Autocrafting Table more intelligent.
    TWEAKS!!!

• Looking at some items I have that currently seem important but have very few current uses... can you think of a use for nether stars? Either in terms of macerating or use?

• It's too magic ... but maybe its magical properties are revealing something on its composition ?
    --Start Thinking--
    It comes from ... a creature made of Soulsand and Coal [Black Skelettons loot Coal]
    It can ... create a huge ray of light and while used with some blocks, it has properties than can be explained by ... Wave transmission. A sort of positive Radioactivity ?
    --End Thinking--
    I get an Idea: the Nether star is surely a Radioactive Isotope, wich could be, while "refueled" in a Breeder, should give something rare ...

Strange Ideas here ... but now are some more understandable.

You've killed mobs, got heads and you don't know what to do with, because you think it's an uggly decoration element ? You should put it into a centrifuge!
    Here are some example of what you could get:
    Creeper Head: 3 Gunpowder, 1 Mercury cells
    Zombie Head: 1 Biofuel Cells + 1 Resin + 1 Fertilizer (yes, zombie aren't brainy one ...)
    Skelleton: 1 CaCO3 + 12 Bonemeal

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Looking at some items I have that currently seem important but have very few current uses... can you think of a use for nether stars? Either in terms of macerating or use?

My idea! :D

I thought that it could be used for particle accelerators and other planned features.
    Let's face it, now that we have our quantum armor and nano sabers, the hardest part of killing the wither is getting the skulls from the nether.

• Official Post

My idea! :D

I thought that it could be used for particle accelerators and other planned features.
    Let's face it, now that we have our quantum armor and nano sabers, the hardest part of killing the wither is getting the skulls from the nether.

CORRECTION!!! I did say, while 1.3.2, that I will use them for Energy Generation and similar things. So its MY Idea. :P