[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• NEI plugins got merged into a single download quite a while ago. If you have them separate you are probably using some rather old version:
    https://bitbucket.org/mistaqur/nei_plugins/wiki/Home

I think this will solve my problem as well. When I installed NEI and read "All plugins for NEI now together." I made the wrong assumption that I didn't need to install anything additional. But after reading that page again, I see that I still need to install the combined plug-in. So the error was completely my fault.

• Thank you so much for the reply Greg :D Darn your addon is one that feels more like a mod by itself, rather than an addon. Just for trucking awesome :thumbup:

• Can you craft aluminum foil? If not, perhaps wrapping a standard machine block in that stuff could create electric fencing/cactus. You apply redstone current and 0.5 eu/t per piece of attached fence. For completions sake, how about also adding an electric gate?

You wondering why, when tesla coils, cactus, and bare cables already do this? Well, because its awesome, and because wearing any type of metal or electric armor negates the shocking effect completely.

• I see this is also the thread to bombard Greg with suggestions and the crazy thing is it seems he actually reads and responds to them!

Can you craft aluminum foil?

YES! And you should be able to craft it into a hat which keeps Notch MinecraftNotch from reading your thoughts! (fun fact: tin foil is almost always made from aluminum)

My (serious) suggestions:

aluminum boat which doesn't get destroyed on lily pads or anything (except when punching to make it an item again). Though I don't find myself in much of need for one when I have an electric jetpack...

Maybe alternate recipe for :Empty Cell: giving twice the normal amount?

• Maybe alternate recipe for :Empty Cell: giving twice the normal amount?

I'm pretty certain that's in the config

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Can you craft aluminum foil? If not, perhaps wrapping a standard machine block in that stuff could create electric fencing/cactus. You apply redstone current and 0.5 eu/t per piece of attached fence. For completions sake, how about also adding an electric gate?

You wondering why, when tesla coils, cactus, and bare cables already do this? Well, because its awesome, and because wearing any type of metal or electric armor negates the shocking effect completely.

I see one problem with the" negates the shocking effect completely" part, for one, electric flows through metal, thus making the shock worse instead of helping. If anything, plastic or rubber armor would be better for that. Btw, it would be interesting to have Eu going through water, perhaps as a trap to shock players swiming in a pool with exposed wire, having a range of 16 blocks

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• I see one problem with the" negates the shocking effect completely" part, for one, electric flows through metal, thus making the shock worse instead of helping. If anything, plastic or rubber armor would be better for that. Btw, it would be interesting to have Eu going through water, perhaps as a trap to shock players swiming in a pool with exposed wire, having a range of 16 blocks

someone obviously does not know much about how electrical properties of materials effect electrocution risks...

The metal armour blocking electric shocks was a very good idea

The safest place to be to protect oneself from an electrical discharge is inside a highly conducting shell. the charge will all flow to the out side of the shell, thereby protecting anything inside.

This would mean that the perfect armour against electrical shock would be one made of superconductor.

plastic or rubber armour is a very very bad choice once the energy gets high enough, as they will breakdown rather than conducting, which would result in a very large production of heat, which would cause severe burns.

Suggested reading:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

edit: note in the reading where it mentions that the faraday suit used by linemen has been tested up to 1.15 MV, the theoretical limit would be based on the power that tries to flow thru the suit, not the voltage applied

edit: for the magnetic equivalent see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu-metal

• Hmm CrafterofMany you do realize that nano armor and quantum armor are composite type armors? 1 of them is made out of carbon fiber the other is made out of the other armor + some other materials. Granted some of the material (iridium) is electrically conductive but this is completely negated me thinks due to the lapotron crystal sucking up that energy being feed into the armor around it from the environment. It would need an extreme charge of energy in order to hurt the person inside the armor... like say getting struck by lightning or some other source.

• Official Post

Edit : GregoriusT : losing tin in the process? why not making 6 Methane cells yield 4 H cell , 1 carbon cell and one empty cell instead of losing one cell when crafting C and H together?

Suggestion : Quantum buffer (Qchest + Buffer) which has infinite buffer (Items could be stored in a way similar to factorization barrel), so it will never jam a system due overfill. Giving player time to change system and/or prevent item leaks (BC users) [FTB]

• Official Post

Suggestion: Tungsten tools!

Question: Does your mod have a use for tungsten? I have a ton of it from the red power ore :D

Tungsten use (Wolframium cell) : W-Cell + Li-cell = Iridium ore (in fusion reactor)
    I'd like if fusion reactor weren't so expensive, as we need 6 stacks of chrome and titanium.
    Titanium is easy to get (i got scrapboxinator), now chrome... is a real pain. [How about adding chrome to scrapbox? with same percentage or slightly lower than titanium]

• Official Post

yeah... chrome has 2 sources... Ruby dust and Uvarovite dust. Both the gems they come from are rather rare to mine for. Not so much as Iridium but still quite rare.

you can get chrome from redstone if i'm not wrong, but it takes enormous amounts of redstone.

• you can get chrome from redstone if i'm not wrong, but it takes enormous amounts of redstone.

my turtles should be bringing me enough redstone to build a reactor some time in the next month or so lol, currently they are being run off the spare hydrogen cells i get from bauxite :D