1.3 Out.

• Probably a dumb question, but who's FC?

Better Than Wolves creator known for making his mod incompatible with literally every other mod out there except for buildcraft with his Better Than Buildcraft mod

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Specifically speaking, better than wolves (BTW) was a Forge-mod until *I Think* winter of 2011, when he left forge over a dispute with eloraam. There's an interview on youtube where he explains his rationale for leaving. Nowadays BTW is a base-class modifying mod, incompatible with literally every mod out there, except buildcraft.

(Why he would go out of his way to provide buildcraft compatibility is anyone's guess.)

• There was compatibility patch which Flower Child said was perfectly legal even if he didn't like it. Seems to have vanished into the net though.

• Specifically speaking, better than wolves (BTW) was a Forge-mod until *I Think* winter of 2011, when he left forge over a dispute with eloraam. There's an interview on youtube where he explains his rationale for leaving. Nowadays BTW is a base-class modifying mod, incompatible with literally every mod out there, except buildcraft.

(Why he would go out of his way to provide buildcraft compatibility is anyone's guess.)

He liked the mod (BC), ergo he made a patch (Better than Buildcraft) so BC players could also play with BTW (Although not with the rest of the other mods). It was pretty much explained in the BtB thread.

There was compatibility patch which Flower Child said was perfectly legal even if he didn't like it. Seems to have vanished into the net though.

Yeah but FC didn't make that patch ergo its not what we are talking about here. We are talking about what FC will do since all mods MUST be MP to work now and the only standalone MLMP its apparently dead and FC doesn't want to be anywhere near anything forge related.

On that note, Risugami will finally retire from updating the regular modloader isn't it? unless its still needed for MP modding? (Not that it matters since forge finally includes its own ModLoader and MLMP.)

• Better Than Wolves creator known for making his mod incompatible with literally every other mod out there except for buildcraft with his Better Than Buildcraft mod

Not quite what I meant, but I was a little vague, so not your fault - I was curious as to what "FC" stood for (Flower Child, upon reading further down the page).

• Anyways it is nice to see FC squirm and where he goes with this will be interesting. I actually liked BTW, but I like my forge mods more, in fact I was very happy to see Aether take forge as it is another of my favorites.

• On that note, Risugami will finally retire from updating the regular modloader isn't it? unless its still needed for MP modding? (Not that it matters since forge finally includes its own ModLoader and MLMP.)

Sadly it looks like Modloader and ModloaderMP are both still being updated, just checked and both are out for 1.3.1
    As to captain ego pants doesn't work well with others due to his inflated sense of self-importance.. I won't get into that.

• He liked the mod (BC), ergo he made a patch (Better than Buildcraft) so BC players could also play with BTW (Although not with the rest of the other mods). It was pretty much explained in the BtB thread.

Yeah, that would be a good reason to provide compatiblity. . .

I suppose what I meant was that buildcraft seems to provide a view of minecraft that fundamentally different from BTW's -- while the latter has a medieval-feel to the technology, with windmills, anvils, etc. The former is quite a bit more technological -- see logic gates, quarries, etc. Can you point me to FC's post where he explains his love of buildcraft? All of the minecraft forum topics on BtB I've found say that they are outdated, and go look for the new one :thumbdown:
    And, I just noticed that all of flowerchild's videos on his youtube channel are gone. . . I wonder why they were deleted.

• BTB is actually a set of hacks to make BC work with BTW's partial implementation of Forge (source in the BTW zip).

Also, kinda mad at the Forge guys because of the substantial changes to Forge matching up with the substantial changes to Minecraft - double the work.
    Can't we have a situation like 1.2.4 -> 1.2.5 where they noticed there were minor changes to MC and did the FML transition?

• I'll let this update madness cook for a few weeks
    that way I know that my stuff is clean.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Anyways it is nice to see FC squirm and where he goes with this will be interesting. I actually liked BTW, but I like my forge mods more, in fact I was very happy to see Aether take forge as it is another of my favorites.

FC already has a working version of BtW for 1.3.1 (since 5th of august)... so I guess this does not seem to trouble him much, actually he hasn't used Modloader much, and was not much dependend on it.

I kinda like the LAN-Mode. Makes playing with only a few people more easy and I guess this could be easily updated to a direct-IP Connection (so there is no need for Tools like Hamachi). But I guess the core of minecraft is still the same... so while most of the bugs only affected SMP they will no affect the whole game :P

• :) :)

FC already has a working version of BtW for 1.3.1 (since 5th of august)... so I guess this does not seem to trouble him much, actually he hasn't used Modloader much, and was not much dependend on it.

I kinda like the LAN-Mode. Makes playing with only a few people more easy and I guess this could be easily updated to a direct-IP Connection (so there is no need for Tools like Hamachi). But I guess the core of minecraft is still the same... so while most of the bugs only affected SMP they will no affect the whole game :P

I also like the idea of LAN ports. If my cousins show up, we could have a impromptu lazor gunfight.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!