Automated Diamond Factory

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_XL-HpYkSg&feature=youtu.be

I have been able to set up an automated system to make me diamonds from Wood, Flint and Obsidian. Other mods are required. I happen to be using the tekkit pack.

1) The wood is smelted into charcoal
    2) 4 bits of charcoal are autocrafted with the philosophers stone into Coal
    3) Coal is macerated into coal dust
    4) 8 coal dust and 1 flint autocrafts into a coal ball
    5) The coal ball is compressed
    6) 8 Compressed coal balls and 1 bit of obsidian autocrafts into a coal chunk
    7) The coal chunk is compressed to produce diamond

There is about a 5000 EMC gain from using this method, and using the nuclear reactor I showed in the video provides more than enough power (Its only struggling because of overclockers)

• I'm fairly certain you could condense the coal too, but it would be less complicated and more expensive. :|

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Official Post

I'm fairly certain you could condense the coal too, but it would be less complicated and more expensive. :|

Yes i coud be done that way, but there are so many better possibilities for an EMC-Factory (see Direwolf), like Darkroom, automatic Milkingmachines and even a Vis-EMC-Exploiter is possible. Its much faster, to just branchmine the Stuff for the EMC, than making a slow Diamondfactory using IC².

Edit:

Try reading. With this method the EMC you put in is LESS than you get out.

Then its an even worse Machine. Edit: Misread, i thought you get less EMC, than you put in.

• I'm going to have to agree with Greg here, it's not really that hard to make a diamond factory using EE in any way, also I have said it before and I will say it again, we do not need to know you are using Technic, that's a very flame-happy word around here. If it can be done without Technic (I'm not certain anything can't) then just say the mods it uses, in this case from what I can see that would be IC2, Buildcraft (Redpower is used more often in factories and other creations here), and EE

also

Try reading. With this method the EMC you put in is LESS than you get out.

Congratulations! You've created an exploit using EE, wow you must be one of the first people to do that!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• EE exploits are a dime a dozen. Just something about a mod like EE invites insanity when added to other mods. Anyways, try doing it without EE. Buildcraft is good, but RP2 can be more elegant. What's a good way to describe it. Basically buildcraft is a lot more user friendly than RP2, and a lot better documented (apparently the wiki for RP 2 hasn't had the state cell added yet), but it has several downsides. Anyways, good first effort, and don't mention EE on the forum. Certain people start foaming at the mouth.

Also, boo tehnic. Me no like. Me smash!

Hey, someone had to do it.

• Official Post

Basically Buildcraft is a lot more userfriendly, than RP2.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

Redpower is MUCH userfriendlier, than BC. The "Items do never fall out of Tubes"-Part is definetly userfriendlier, than "Spit all Items out, if there is no Space and cause massive Lag"! All the Stuff of Redpower does what it should do and nothing EXPLODES when wrong (or even when right!) used! The Logicgates are much easier to use, than the BC3-Gatethingies, and you can do EVERYTHING what BC3-Gates can do, with Redpower (except the Haswork-condition but it is Part of BC itself)!

I agree with the Documentation as the UNofficial RP-Wiki needs to be updated, and the Fact that Redpower has no Forum, but that has nothing to do with Userfriendlyness. Also Direwolf explained the RP-Stuff pretty good.

• WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

Redpower is MUCH userfriendlier, than BC. The "Items do never fall out of Tubes"-Part is definetly userfriendlier, than "Spit all Items out, if there is no Space and cause massive Lag"! All the Stuff of Redpower does what it should do and nothing EXPLODES when wrong (or even when right!) used! The Logicgates are much easier to use, than the BC3-Gatethingies, and you can do EVERYTHING what BC3-Gates can do, with Redpower (except the Haswork-condition but it is Part of BC itself)!

I agree with the Documentation as the UNofficial RP-Wiki needs to be updated, and the Fact that Redpower has no Forum, but that has nothing to do with Userfriendlyness. Also Direwolf explained the RP-Stuff pretty good.

and BC machines are several times easier to build and get operational than Redpower.

• and BC machines are several times easier to build and get operational than Redpower.

Wait what?

Did I read this well?

Are you telling me that RP machines are harder to get operational than BC?

Sure cuz puting some redstone wire, a timer and a bunch of transposers, that runs with RS signal and with a configurable speed, is slowlest and hard to build than puting some slowredstoneengine/needfueloverheatengine with redtorchs and redstone dust.

Seriously I think I read you wrong.

• Personally I found BC machines to be more user friendly when I started getting into mods. I guess user friendly is the wrong term. More approachable. You stick an engine under a pipe, and items get pulled out, connect pipe to other object, and items go in. Items go into diamond pipe and go out where you told them to. Redpower has these weird sorting machines that require painted routes, and for the love of god, would a tool tip with just the name of different modes or colors be too much to ask for? I can't count the number of times that I screwed up a sorting system because I could tell between grey and dark grey.

Don't get me wrong, I adore RP2, and the only reasons I have buildcraft are logistics pipes and forestry. Once you get the hang of it, RP2 is much more powerful a tool than buildcraft, its just harder to learn, in my opinion. Though, the "lets drop all the items on the ground" thing is infuriating. And yes, I have logistics pipes because I'm lazy and forget to craft more humus for my tree farm.

• i have to agree with Keserian here, a good documentation is part of being userfriendly. redpower machines are very thought through and come with every feature you could want, but for a novice it's quiet easy to lose the overview with all those options. buildcraft machines tend to have a very intuitive behaviour.
    one example for RP2 are the jacketed wires/cable/bluwires. it took me some time till i found out how to connect them to normal wires.
    another example would be the sorting machine. while the wiki explanes the different modes it's strange that the probably most used mode "all random" is not the default one.
    on the other hand it's obvious, that the tube system of default tube system of RP2 is superior to the one of BC in every aspect except for liquid transport but maybe i'm missing something with those liquid tubes.

• Official Post

one example for RP2 are the jacketed wires/cable/bluwires. it took me some time till i found out how to connect them to normal wires.

Had once the same Problem, but then i looked at a few of Eloraam Screenshots/Videos and found it out.

another example would be the sorting machine. while the wiki explanes the different modes it's strange that the probably most used mode "all random" is not the default one.

Thats good so. I would've screwed the sorting of my Sortomat, when the Randommode is the Defaultone (as all items wouldve gone through the empty Sortingmachines). Also the Sortingmachine/Retriever has a very usefull procedural Sortingmode as Default, which is usefull when autocrafting Stuff.

on the other hand it's obvious, that the tube system of default tube system of RP2 is superior to the one of BC in every aspect except for liquid transport but maybe i'm missing something with those liquid tubes.

RP-Pumps can transport every Liquid, which has a kind of Sourceblock (Oil, Water, Lava). What do you want more? Tanks? Build them yourself with a few Walls, and dont forget the Roof.

The only thing i would complain is the giant Lag, which occurs when the Pump cannot Output more Liquid. Seriously Eloraam. The Pump is so extreme lagfree, but the check for placing a new Watersourceblock, when all is full, cannot be scheduled for once every 10 secs, instead of once every tick?