Industrial Craft Machine Corp User Manual and Machine Encyclopedia

• In this thread we will (hopefully) create a "Machine Guide" for IndustrialCraft², but not in the sense of "Machine X is crafted using Y and turns Z into A", but like... Err... Did you read the OP of the SeedManager Addon with like "And then you have to pull this lever and push this button"? That's what I mean. And if you know how to describe it better, please reply and tell me.
    But not only this User Manual part should be here, but also how the machines work. Did you read this thread about the teleporter or this little "discussion" about the extractor? If yes, you probably know what I mean. If not, read it. And if you still don't understand it, tell me and I'll try to explain it better.
    To expand this guide, just post replies with what you want added. Preferably post it in the style the guide should be, but if you don't, I'll "translate" it. Inspiration for that style can be found in some of my suggestions, the OP of the SeedManager Addon, a copy of the old IC Minecraftforum OP if anyone has a copy of it and probably in some other places. If you want to be mentioned here, just ask for it.
    The terms that are used here are from my language pack . Sources for my language pack are in the language pack's thread.
    Well, I'll stop with spamming links now and start with the guide! Well, not with the guide itself, but you'll see in a few lines.

Industrial Craft Machine Corp User Manual

Hello, costumer!
    That you read this user manual means that you bought the full packet of Industrial Craft Machine Corp's Industrial Machines. Before you operate them, please read this manual thoroughly to prevent harm to your posessions and you. Some of the machines are very dangerous and should only be operated by experts.

General
    It is not possible to dismantle Industrial Craft Machine Corp Machinery without using proper tools.
    A 100% chance to successfully dismount machines is granted solely to skilled Engineers.
    We do not take responsibility for any machines lost from the improper handling of wrenches.

Stationary Machines

Maceratron-E-901™
    Hello valued customer!
    If you are reading this, then you have most likely just placed down your very own Maceratron-E-901™ and by reading this entry you are probably wondering, Almighty User Manual, how am I intended to work this monstrosity of raw grinding power? The answer is a simple 5 step process:

1. Insert the block you want to be completely pulverized to dust into the top slot
    2. Connect a source of energy into the Maceratron-E-901™ using an Energy Transfer Cable N-x™, alternatively insert an T500-Rechargeable Energy Storation Unit™ other source of energy such as an Rechargeable Energy Storation Pack™ into the designated receptacle.
    3. Switch the lever located on the side of the Maceratron-E-901™, to tap into the raw destructive force of 12 interlocking gears!
    4. When the green LED glows, switch the lever again!
    5. Open the side compartment on the side opposite of the lever and retrieve the macerated object from the side!

If you have tried it out, you may be wondering, but Almighty User Manual, what happened to the stone attached to the ore? Nobody knows, such is the brute power of the Maceratron-E-901™!

Disclaimer: Industrial Craft Machine Corp is not responsible for any injuries caused by the sticking of limbs inside the input hopper of the Maceratron-E-901™ or from any seizures resulting from the sheer HAYOness caused by retrieval of the macerated product

*Will be expanded when someone posts something for this section*

Portable Devices
    *Will be filled when someone posts something for this section*

Machine Parts

Encyclopedia of Industrial Craft Machine Corp Machinery

Stationary Machines

Portable Devices

Machine Parts

Thanks for reading!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

Edited once, last by I don't now: Added Maceratron-E-901! HI-JOE! ().

• I'm not certain I understand the point of this thread, is it going to be a noob's guide to IC2? Also, why are there two sections for this stuff, does one explain how to use it and one explain what it is?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I'm not certain I understand the point of this thread, is it going to be a noob's guide to IC2? Also, why are there two sections for this stuff, does one explain how to use it and one explain what it is?

Okay, so my explaination is bad. I'll improve it soon.
    Regarding your question: No, if it was, I would have posted it in the Tutorials-section.
    Imagine Steve didn't build the machine, but ordered them somewhere and when they appear in a cloud of blue particles, he doesn't know what to do. Then he finds the user manual which explains that eg. he has to press the left button on the Dejuicer-Device of Doom D-123 (Extractor) to get the juice, even though we as players only have to throw it into the GUI. And because he is interested, he orders the encyclopedia where he can read that, for example, the Compress-O-Matic C77 (compressor) can generate? Make? What's the right word? 4000 Gibbl by, let's say, using repelling electromagnets.
    Is it clear now? Do you think this can be used in the OP?

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• *Reserved*

• *Reserved2* Sorry for triple post, but I have to post this because of the character limit! Sorry!

• Official Post

I extracted the good old Wikiarticles about IC²-Machines, HAYO!

• Thank you very much! However, as you probably have noticed, this neither is a user manual nor a detailed description of how the machines work, so it doesn't have that much use. But still, thank you very much! If we use the example I used somewhere above this post, this is what made Steve order all that stuff!

• Official Post

this neither is a user manual nor a detailed description of how the machines work, so it doesn't have that much use.

But it's all the Description from the Creator himself (of course i didnt add all the Machines and Devices), and isnt it a Machineencyclopedia?

If anyone wants to read the Source, then go to the IC²-Wiki, go to your desired Article, click on history (on top of the Article), scroll for the earliest Article and click it.

• But it's all the Description from the Creator himself (of course i didnt add all the Machines and Devices), and isnt it a Machineencyclopedia?

Yes, it's the original description, but it's made to tell the player what he has to do in a really funny way. This aims to tell the character, not the player what he has to do. And no, it isn't what I meant by machine encyclopedia, because it says what you throw in and what comes out (let's say, a cookbook) instead of how it works (to stay with the cooking example, a text that explains how the oven is heated and so on). If I offended you in any way I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to.

• Am I doing it right?

Hello valued customer!

If you are reading this, then you have most likely just placed down your very own Mega Macerator 5000TM and by reading this entry you are probably wondering, Almighty User Manual, how am I intended to work this monstrosity of raw grinding power? The answer is a simple 5 step process

1. Insert the block you want to be completely pulverized to dust into the top slot

2. Connect a source of energy into the Mega Macerator 5000TM, alternatively if your technological prowess is, let's face it, lacking insert a battery or other source of energy such as an Industrial Craft Machine Corp BatpackTM, into the designated bottom slot

3. Switch the lever located on the side of the Mega Macerator 5000TM, to tap into the raw destructive force of 12 interlocking gears!

4. Open the side compartment on the side opposite of the lever and, assuming anything is left, retrieve the macerated object from the side

5. Shout HAYO!TM as loudly as possible to the sky for you have just DOUBLED your ore output!

If you have tried it out, you may be wondering, but Almighty User Manual, what happened to the stone attached to the ore? Nobody knows, such is the brute power of the Mega Macerator 5000TM!

Disclaimer: Industrial Craft Machine Corp is not responsible for any injuries caused by the sticking of limbs inside the input slot of the Mega Macerator 5000TM or from any seizures resulting from the sheer HAYOness caused by retrieval of the macerated product

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• This is almost right, I'll be adding a slightly changed version to the OP. The names for the machines should be the ones from my language pack(because I used official terms as often as I could and offical-sounding terms where I couldn't, not because it's my language pack), but still thank you very much!

• For machine parts section:
    Well sir, it looks like you have just ordered our state-of-the-art machine block! That's right, with this nifty device you cand do some DIY to make one of our lovely machines! You can even add some alloy and carbon plates to mak an advanced machine block! But sir, I bet you are thinking "Well how does this featureless block make so many things possible?" Well sir, the machine block uses some of that nifty Gibbl you keep hearing about to make all theese wonderful things possible!

MinecraftCreeper =Ahh fuck!
    :Nuke TNT: = SHIT!
    MinecraftCreeper+ :Nuke TNT: =SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, WE ARE ALL CLUSTERFUCKED!!!!

• For machine parts section:
    Well sir, it looks like you have just ordered our state-of-the-art machine block! That's right, with this nifty device you cand do some DIY to make one of our lovely machines! You can even add some alloy and carbon plates to mak an advanced machine block! But sir, I bet you are thinking "Well how does this featureless block make so many things possible?" Well sir, the machine block uses some of that nifty Gibbl you keep hearing about to make all theese wonderful things possible!

This is good, however, this is more advert-like, not what should be in the user manual or the encyclopedia. But if I add an advertisment section, this will be there for sure!

• First, I'm sorry for the double-post. Again. But it wouldn't be good to fill a post with completely unrelated stuff, right?

I extracted the good old Wikiarticles about IC²-Machines, HAYO!
    -snip-

I'll continue this. And at some point, I hope we'll be able to reconstruct the ENTIRE FRIKKIN OP! HAYO!

Chicken Launcher? Mr. Cappucino? Please implement this!

No I have to stop because of the limit.

• You forgot to add the formatting of the 9000-Part, but HAYO!

I actually can't correct that because of the character limit.

• Official Post

Its 9001, like the Golden wrench of god-like banhammering 9001 or something like that. Ah how useful that tool was when ripping up tons of obsidian/rstone

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Official Post

Oh yes, completely OP, but addicting nonetheless.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....