[Suggestion] Muffler "upgrade" to machines

• Name: Muffler Upgrade

Suggestion: This item goes in the upgrade slot of a machine and reduces the volume or eliminates entirely the operating noises of machines. Although there are hackish ways to do this, and one can always reduce the volume on one's computer or Minecraft (at the cost of reducing everything else), it would be nice to have a legitimate way to do this, and in a selective manner. Some machines, especially when they have a few overclockers in them, have extremely irritating noises, and there may be cases for whatever reason that one would want to have a "stealthy" base (or reduced environmental impact base, as I am planning with mine).

Recipe: 8 wool around 1 wooden chest gives 1 Muffler Upgrade (the idea being that the chest contains the wool, and the wool is the sound-proofing. Wood, too, has some sound-absorbing ability of its own.).

• I can see the use but you can disable IC2 sounds if you play on single player.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• and there may be cases for whatever reason that one would want to have a "stealthy" base (or reduced environmental impact base, as I am planning with mine).

+1

I never thought that you could find bases with the sound of machinery.

• I like it. Partly for the stealth aspect partly because of the actual noise canceling.

Just one question, why a wood chest? What does that have to do with noise canceling?

• I agree with koichi. A hollow wooden box amplifies noise. F.E guitar.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Alright! It would be funny if you could put those on people lol. :rolleyes:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• If this is approved, my macerator will finally be able to SHUT THE FUCK UP!
    Great Idea dude!

MinecraftCreeper =Ahh fuck!
    :Nuke TNT: = SHIT!
    MinecraftCreeper+ :Nuke TNT: =SWEET MOTHER OF GOD, WE ARE ALL CLUSTERFUCKED!!!!

• I like it but no need for chest.
    Just 8 Wools of any color would be enough.
    And as an alternate recipe 8 Rockwools from Thermal Expansion, please.

• This could finally take up the last slot in my machine's GUI that my OCD has been yammering at me about; I like.